Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: IAMB WHAT IAMB  (Read 19631 times)

Jason

Re:IAMB WHAT IAMB
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2005, 08:35:26 AM »

I slept very well last night, too. I'm pretty sure it was my full stomach that made me sleep so soundly.

Jose: After talking with Jenn last night, it sounds like she's actively pursuing a job outside of the city. She even applied to be a shop clerk at a jewelry store up in White Plains. (She couldn't do that here??) Anyway, I don't want to make any promises, but if she moves, her bedroom would become available. It's really big and has a private half-bathroom. She pays $600/mo. and the apartment is a block and a half from the N/W train. She's looking for a job ASAP (don't ask - she's having an identity crisis), so the room may come open at the first of the year... Just a thought. I don't know how you'd feel about living in Queens. But there's a full-sized kitchen! :)

I was nearly entrenched in a fight on the train this morning. A man of Chinese decent was lugging a HUG cart of stuff with him (I think he's one of those guys that sets up in Times Square and paints your name on a shoe or whatever). When we got to Queensboro Plaza, a large transfer hub, he and his cart were blocking the subway door, so people had to push and shove to get around him and into the train. A middle-aged Hispanic woman confronted him about his lack of consideration in a calm but no-nonsense tone. He apparently didn't like what she said. He stared at her for a moment and then violently began to give her the finger while yelling, "I get off at next stop!!" Her husband started yelling at the Chinese man in Spanish and flipping HIM off and then other passengers on the train started yelling at the Chinese man, as well. There's nothing like a tri-lingual brawl in an enclosed space to start the day off right. Oy! New York...there's no city like it in the world.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2005, 08:37:30 AM »

Bon Kippur, everybody!

Everybody....

Yom Kippur!
-You mean Happy New Year!...

Come on, get it?  -All this talk of Anything Goes, and...

Well...  Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know. I should stick to playing the music and not writing it.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2005, 08:39:46 AM »

Ohhh.. Thanks for the heads up, Jason.

However... Speaking of "procrastinating", there are a couple of things I need to take care of myself before the day gets any older...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2005, 09:06:12 AM »

No, Jose, I haven't read the MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA book. I only know a little about it from the ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY previews they do about upcoming films.

It's already gotten lots of buzz, but again, I'm ambivalent about going.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2005, 09:07:20 AM »

I didn't sleep all that well last night. I had only a sheet and the light bedspread on me, and I got a little chilly in the night, but was too tired to get up and put a blanket on me. I have already put a light blanket on the bed for tonight.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 09:08:10 AM by Matt H. »

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2005, 09:10:20 AM »

I slept very well last night, too. I'm pretty sure it was my full stomach that made me sleep so soundly.

I was nearly entrenched in a fight on the train this morning. A man of Chinese decent was lugging a HUG cart of stuff with him (I think he's one of those guys that sets up in Times Square and paints your name on a shoe or whatever). When we got to Queensboro Plaza, a large transfer hub, he and his cart were blocking the subway door, so people had to push and shove to get around him and into the train. A middle-aged Hispanic woman confronted him about his lack of consideration in a calm but no-nonsense tone. He apparently didn't like what she said. He stared at her for a moment and then violently began to give her the finger while yelling, "I get off at next stop!!" Her husband started yelling at the Chinese man in Spanish and flipping HIM off and then other passengers on the train started yelling at the Chinese man, as well. There's nothing like a tri-lingual brawl in an enclosed space to start the day off right. Oy! New York...there's no city like it in the world.

I am glad that I missed any scenes like that during my numerous subway rides!

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2005, 09:10:55 AM »

Right now, we have the prettiest Carolina blue sky day I've seen in a long time. Coolish temperatures, nice sun and blue sky. Oh, it's just gorgeous!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2005, 09:22:36 AM »

Iamb up, Iamb up.  Tired, but up.  Up, but tired.  

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2005, 09:36:32 AM »

Hi Everyone, Iamback, Iamback!

Ug... I tried.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2005, 09:37:14 AM »

Ah, the benefits of working for the Jewish Board. jewish holidays!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2005, 09:38:46 AM »

I have today and tomorrow completely off from work.  So far I have spent the morning in bed.  I'm contemplating catching a movie later this afternoon, but also feel like I should work out, and maybe, just maybe do some reading for school.

And I simply must catch up on posts from the last few days.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2005, 09:59:05 AM »

Yes, you simply must.

I'm still trying to get my bearings.  I can't remember where I put them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2005, 09:59:46 AM »

This is the first day in I don't know how long where I don't have anything to ship.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2005, 10:23:38 AM »

I have today and tomorrow completely off from work.  So far I have spent the morning in bed.  I'm contemplating catching a movie later this afternoon, but also feel like I should work out, and maybe, just maybe do some reading for school.

And I simply must catch up on posts from the last few days.

Wanna join us at Chelsea Cinemas - Where Dream Come True - for "Psycho" tonight?  -And remember, Hedda Lettuce will be giving out sparkling door prizes!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2005, 10:24:30 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... Got my last bit of e-mails and phone calls done for the day, and now... Off to do a coaching....

Laters..
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2005, 10:30:07 AM »

Oooh!! TPunk, do come to PSYCHO tonight!! It'll be ever so much fun. I'm bringing breadsticks. LOL! PM me if you want details...

FJL

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2005, 10:50:46 AM »

Skip's been coaching one of our neighbors who's playing Carlotta in FOLLIES soon.  One of the treats of being home right now is listening to her do "I'm Still Here" through the wall.   Just listening to her go through the song line by line has really been a joy, honestly more fun than I should be having on Yom Kippur.  Can't think of many songs where I'd feel this way (I often put the headphones on when he's coaching), but this lady is really singing and acting the heck out of the number.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2005, 11:11:22 AM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?  Atoning?  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2005, 11:12:07 AM »

As I look out my window, I feel like singing

Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see

Jason

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2005, 11:25:33 AM »

This is what NYC looks like right now...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:26:10 AM by Jason »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2005, 11:34:09 AM »

It is such a rotten day!  I've been waiting for a check from Ms Prince as well as my publisher, but once again NADA!  Pisses me off; I hate begging employers for what's due to me.  I have a headache, the Chicago project is driving me mad (a short drive, as my friends know), and I'm sick of being wet.

Crap.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2005, 11:34:26 AM »

Oh, Yum!  Kippers!

(Not!)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2005, 11:34:35 AM »

An d it's raining in my heart, to boot.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2005, 11:35:28 AM »

I didn't sleep all that well last night. I had only a sheet and the light bedspread on me, and I got a little chilly in the night, but was too tired to get up and put a blanket on me. I have already put a light blanket on the bed for tonight.

A lot of good that will have been if you catch a cold...or worse: Pneumonia!

Tsk.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2005, 11:45:35 AM »

Right now, we have the prettiest Carolina blue sky day I've seen in a long time. Coolish temperatures, nice sun and blue sky. Oh, it's just gorgeous!

Ahh, yes.  Carolina blue.  How well I remember those glorious skies over South Carolina!

:D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2005, 11:47:12 AM »

The day here has been rather hazy-ish.  The "marine layer" doesn't seem to be burning off as quickly as on other days.

It was rather cool last night.  I had plenty of cover, although I did have to sit up and pull the covers over me.  (Such a nuisance!)  :D

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2005, 11:51:38 AM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?  Atoning?  

Well, I've been a-teaching this morning, my 3-hour Grantseeking Basics class.  I had a great group of 25, then took myself out for a nice lunch at Nothing but Noodles and Coldstone Creamery.  Now I'm back to catch up on phone calls, emails, and, surreptitously, HHW!

Sorry it's so rotten in NYC today.  SW Ohio was very foggy this morning, which made for a very interesting drive in.

Recent movies - several weeks ago DH Richard and I went to see The Constant Gardener - somewhat difficult to follow, but a good cast.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2005, 11:51:38 AM »

Potential SPOILERS about Last night's "Lost":

The show is really expanding its storylines into strange and unusual realms.

I'm fascinated...especially by the "other" underground structure where our castways were taken.

Did anyone get a little concerned about the fact that there "were" 23 of them but there don't seem to be that many left any more?  Were they EATEN, perhaps?

If they had to do a last, final series episode right now, I'd recommend that the final shot be of all the survivors in a hospital, hooked up to various machines where they've been since the plane went down.

And of all the passengers on the flight's manifesto, the only ones who didn't survive were the ones in the seat numbers that match that set of numbers that plagues Hurley and that pop up all the time.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:52:27 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2005, 11:54:16 AM »

Oh, crap!

So little to do...so much time!

No....

Wait....

Reverse that....

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2005, 11:58:10 AM »

I have a theory about Lost:  the Others are--you ready for it?--the New People!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:58:35 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up