Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CHORES  (Read 22148 times)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
Re:CHORES
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2005, 05:15:21 PM »

I know bruce looks just the same, and my sister looks the same. I'd recognize Jane and Keith at a glance... but I've run into people I knew 30 or 40 years ago, whom I just do not seem to be able to place
PennyO

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2005, 05:15:40 PM »

When I got my wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago (pre-Walty) Killbot spent 2 days with me in bed, keeping me company as I rode the tylenol with codeine waves.

Both cats have comforted me when I was feeling blue.  Also, as a high schooler and college student suffering from depression, my cat Grouchy would always come running during my lowest moments.  She was therapy in cat form.

That's good to know.  

I'm glad to know that Dickens wasn't the exception.  I know cats are independent as all get-out and get a terribly bad rap, but it's good to know that your experiences meet my own with Dickens.

Vickie had her own demons from her kittenhood, a couple of years before I took her into my home, and it took years for her little personality to totally swing around.  I'm certain she never got the chance to develop normally, but she was a cool cat nevertheless.

Are either Walty or Killbot paying special attention to Rodzinski right now?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2005, 05:15:50 PM »

wow - I get the page 6 inaugural post!!
PennyO

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2005, 05:19:27 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from my nephew's birthday party.  He turned seven!  -I kept thinking he was turning six.  My how time flies.

There was a Pirate theme to the party, complete with a treasure hunt through the neighborhood, and a skull shaped piñata.  My brother and his wife planned a very good party.  I do have to say that having 12 kids running around a small townhouse on a sugar high did get a bit overwhelming at times, but things ran very smoothly.  And there was cake galore!  Along with frosting galore which John Michael just started painting on his face.

Lots of pictures were taken, and once I get the copies sent from my brothers and my parents then I'll be sure and post one or two of the festivities.

I also got to meet some of the friends of my brother and his wife.  There was one gentleman there, a captain in the Air Force, who provided a nice distraction throughout the evening.  He had one of those faces where his eyes were always smiling.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2005, 05:19:52 PM »

George Feltenstein's name graced all those terrrific laser issues from the MGM library when laser was the rage....all those movies with extra features from the MGM vaults we never thought we'd see seemed to have resulted from his involvement.

And then he rode the Rhino wave of MGM musical releases (although I think the best of the CDs were overseen by Marilee Bradford!).

Maybe he thinks the pond's too small for all the people trying to swim in it.

There are a ton of folks out there who know his name and believe he's responsible for what we've gotten, thus far.

But it's naive to believe he's all wonderful...and he could well be the "Helen Lawson" of home video.

Isn't/wasn't our own Nick Redman heavily involved in that Peckinpah set?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2005, 05:20:42 PM »

Aloha, DR PennyO!

-Oh, was it Mitzie Hamilton and Fran Liebergall who directed and conducted that production of A Chorus Line you saw the other night?
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2005, 05:22:19 PM »

There was one gentleman there, a captain in the Air Force, who provided a nice distraction throughout the evening.  He had one of those faces where his eyes were always smiling.     ;)

A kindred spirit, perhaps?

Or is this don't ask, don't tell time?

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2005, 05:29:52 PM »

So off they go to that reunion...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2005, 05:30:21 PM »

Hi, Jose - YES!!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2005, 05:31:53 PM »

A lotta love went into it, and almost ALL the actors had done various parts before in hundreds of other productions. There are people who make a living at Chorus Line..
PennyO

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2005, 05:31:59 PM »

And as for the job front...

As I had hoped, the "decision" has been made for me.  I will play the first week of Lestat rehearsals in NYC next week, Monday-Saturday.  Then I will head back down to DC for Damn Yankees the following week.  That will take me through February 5, and then I head back to NYC for Lestat's Broadway run on February 12.

Again, it was going to be a win-win situation however which way it turned out.  And, frankly, I'm very relieved that they were able to work everything and everyone out in NYC for Lestat.  -I was not looking forward to agonizing over a pretty major decision if it had come to that.  *And I don't have to rush any of the prep work I still have to do for the DC gig anymore.

And I'm looking forward to seeing my name listed in the back of the Playbill under "Rehearsal Pianists".

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2005, 05:34:51 PM »

A kindred spirit, perhaps?

Or is this don't ask, don't tell time?

Alas, nothing to ask nor to tell.  He was there with his beautiful wife and beautiful daughter.  He was just a really nice guy, and it was nice meeting him.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2005, 05:38:05 PM »

A lotta love went into it, and almost ALL the actors had done various parts before in hundreds of other productions. There are people who make a living at Chorus Line..

Yep... All those first, second, third, fourth, fifth... generation Liners seem to dance from one production to the next.  And once they're done with their dancing days, then they go on to directing and choreographing the show.  There's a great sense of "family" to the whole enterprise.  -And I was fortunate to be welcomed into that family last fall when I played for A Chorus Line in Houston.  Baayork Lee - the original Connie - was the director/choreographer, and Fran Liebergall - the original pianist, and eventual musical supervisor - was the MD/Conductor.  *I know where are all the errors in the score are now!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2005, 05:45:56 PM »

Tell Carolee hello for me, and tell Hugh he never writes and never calls.  I'm not even sure the email address I have for him is good these days.  Is he trying to tell me something?

I will be sure to pass on your greetings to Carolee.  And Hugh is infamous for not returning phone calls, e-mails, messages, etc.  I'll see what I can do to remedy that situation.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2005, 05:47:57 PM »

Well, we had our new Sub-zero frig installed today.  It only took three hours.  I think we will rest tomorrow.  

Oohh.. A Sub-Zero fridge...  Guess I know where I'll be staying when I visit Oregon...  At least when I'm not staying with DR MBarnum.

;)

*Are you getting one of those nice Viking range/stove tops too?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2005, 05:50:14 PM »

Oh, cool!

John Michael, a.k.a. the birhday boy, and his sister, Alyssa, have just come over.  My brother and his wife are having a date night tonight - a sort of treat to themselves after playing party hosts all afternoon.

Time to tuck the kiddies into bed.

Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2005, 06:01:26 PM »

Are either Walty or Killbot paying special attention to Rodzinski right now?

Actually, they're with me.  Rodzinski says he told them to leave the bedroom because he didn't want them to get sick.  ::)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: October 29, 2005, 06:02:35 PM »

And I have to say, I am very thankful for the extra hour we get tonight.  The extra time for sleep will be much appreciated and savored.
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #168 on: October 29, 2005, 06:27:55 PM »

Today is our puppy's, Dixie Bell, FIRST BIRTHDAY!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2005, 06:32:36 PM »

I spy me an Elmore... Did you make it to the movies?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #170 on: October 29, 2005, 06:47:52 PM »

The Classmates thing was peculiar - the Winter '65 class put in for the reunion, and Classmates only allows one class per year, so it was of no help whatsoever to those of us in the Summer '65 class.  Damn them, damn them all to hell.

If it IS boring I may well indeed join Pogue at his signing.

My friend Renee didn't mention the reunion.  Maybe she doesn't know about it.  Too late to tell her.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #171 on: October 29, 2005, 06:52:04 PM »

Today is our puppy's, Dixie Bell, FIRST BIRTHDAY!

"Our"?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #172 on: October 29, 2005, 06:53:13 PM »

Actually, they're with me.  Rodzinski says he told them to leave the bedroom because he didn't want them to get sick.  ::)

Wow!  He must really BE sick!

:D

Do cats catch colds from their humans?  Hmmmm.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 06:57:03 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2005, 06:56:28 PM »

Ron, for the most part, except for our Tortie & White, all our cats have been somewhat sensitive to our feelings, none as much My Sin, our black cat with white markings.  Come to think of it our long haired cat Gaia, with the same markings, was an exceptionally sensitive & kind cat.  Kind wasn’t really the word for My Sin, however if anyone in the family was upset or crying she was right there to comfort you.

This is so c-o-o-l!  Thanks for sharing that, Jane.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2005, 06:58:53 PM »

A chill is coming upon these parts.  Time to stoke the fireplace and get some warmth into my rooms.

I want to watch something fun on  DVD tonight...so many choices, though.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2005, 07:01:38 PM »

And as for the job front...

As I had hoped, the "decision" has been made for me.  I will play the first week of Lestat rehearsals in NYC next week, Monday-Saturday.  Then I will head back down to DC for Damn Yankees the following week.  That will take me through February 5, and then I head back to NYC for Lestat's Broadway run on February 12.

Again, it was going to be a win-win situation however which way it turned out.  And, frankly, I'm very relieved that they were able to work everything and everyone out in NYC for Lestat.  -I was not looking forward to agonizing over a pretty major decision if it had come to that.  *And I don't have to rush any of the prep work I still have to do for the DC gig anymore.

And I'm looking forward to seeing my name listed in the back of the Playbill under "Rehearsal Pianists".

Well, it didn't work out for ME! [pout]

I wanted to meet you in San Francisco in January.  And go out to a nice place to eat.  And laugh and laugh till we could laugh no more.  And then eat and eat till we could eat no more.  And then laugh again.

Shucks..."'Damn' Yankees"!

:'(

Now I'll HAVE to plan a visit to NYC next year!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 07:03:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2005, 07:07:02 PM »

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TO OH SO CUTE, DIXIE BELLE![/size]

Jane

« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2005, 07:08:42 PM »

Ron, years ago when three of our cats were still fairly young my sister had surgery.  The plan was to stay with my parents while she was recovering.  As expected she got in a quarrel with my mother and called us to take her in.  All we had was a couch and great concern all the cats would jump on her, which would not have been a good thing.  Not a one did.  Until then my sister never liked cats.  They were all so gentle and careful with them she fell in love with cats.  

td means "ours" as in family.

Jane

« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2005, 07:10:52 PM »

Jose, again-good news.
We only have electric or we would be getting one of those Viking ranges.  

And you are always welcome to stay with us.

Speaking of getting together with the HHW family, Keith and I will be in Seattle on July 1st.  

Jane

« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2005, 07:14:27 PM »

Matt H, Bryan is at a wedding in Charlotte tonight, unless it was this afternoon.  

TPunk I’m glad your cats were there to comfort you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up