Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CHEESY NOTES  (Read 18916 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE CHEESY NOTES
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2005, 08:47:41 PM »

Der B and I did not see Goblet, as planned.  He had ordered the tix on-line, but when he went to the theater (prior to picking me up at work) they told him that they weren't honoring the on-line orders, and that they were sold out.

Just as well, I suppose.  We'll be trying again tomorrow, which being Sunday might be a better night for us.  As it is, I've a full work schedule over the next week.

The good news is, I'm definately working on Thanksgiving Day.  Der B and I don't have to go to his daughter's house and eat what she calls dinner!  Hip-hip and Hurrah!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2005, 08:51:27 PM »

In honor of our esteemed BK's co-conspirator, a Page Six Dance:

[size=20][move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]CHA[/move][/size]
[size=20][move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]CHA[/move][/size]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2005, 08:52:11 PM »

Happy Birthday to the  Great and All-Powerful Master of the Dark Arts:

JASON!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2005, 08:58:37 PM »

Der Brucer is watching a DVD he picked up today, something called The Skelton Key.  It is quite loud, in the same way that the volume seems to be pumped up during commercial breaks on broadcast television.   :P

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2005, 09:00:59 PM »

Saw Harry Potter tonight with TPunk. He was standing right on 49th Street.
No, no, the movie. We saw the movie. I will only say that it is my favorite one so far.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2005, 09:10:21 PM »

Been E&T this week due to overwork, so I got a lot of catching up to do. For instance I didn't leave work Friday until 8:30 at night, and by the time I got home, I can't even look at a computer.

They tell me November is the craziest month since every dance company and orchestra is doing a holiday show of some sort, so I'm hoping that I am nearly through the fire.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2005, 09:10:55 PM »

I too, have returned from GOBLET OF FIRE.  First off, I should say that this book was my least favorite of the six.  Secondly, I think they could trim about twenty-five minutes off of the running time and have a far better film.  And third, if you have heard that this film is darker than the previous ones, the answer is yes (at least judging by the terrified young children sittilng all around me).

Still the movie is beautifully filmed, the acting is solid, and the direction (for the most part) is crisp. Our three leads continue to grow and mature both physically, and as actors.  Who would have ever thought that Rupert Grint, as Ron, would turn into a hottie when he grew up?  I cried in the final half hour of the film, which I never did in the book; but still, I found the ending somewhat lacking.  Each of the first three films seemed able to stand alone, but with GOBLET OF FIRE for the first time in the series I thought it should have ended with ...TO BE CONTINUED.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 09:14:10 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2005, 09:11:25 PM »

DG Ann is seeing the Harry Potter movie as I type.  I'm sure she's having herself a grand old time.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2005, 09:21:35 PM »

This is, of course, the first Potter film to be rated PG-13, instead of a simple PG.

It remains to be seen if the final, seventh Potter film will be rated R.  Perhaps Hermione could teach Ron some new tricks to do with his wand?

:o

::)

;D

Jed

« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2005, 09:27:05 PM »

This is, of course, the first Potter film to be rated PG-13, instead of a simple PG.

It remains to be seen if the final, seventh Potter film will be rated R.  Perhaps Hermione could teach Ron some new tricks to do with his wand?

:o

::)

;D

Now that I might bother to go see.   ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2005, 09:39:12 PM »

Now that I might bother to go see.   ;)

Think I'll hold out for the NC-17 version

Jed

« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2005, 09:45:16 PM »

Good idea, Cillaliz.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2005, 10:03:52 PM »

Good Evening!

Whew!  This has been one long day.  A good one, but I just got home about an hour ago - and I left the house at 9:30 this morning.  I shall catch up later...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2005, 10:12:06 PM »

Think I'll hold out for the NC-17 version

There is kind of a weird scene with HP in a hot tub.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2005, 10:14:23 PM »

There is kind of a weird scene with HP in a hot tub.

Yup...the three-way. :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2005, 10:14:37 PM »

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2005, 10:16:21 PM »

Or have I said too much??

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2005, 10:48:03 PM »

Yeah, you gotta post a spoiler warning!

George

« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2005, 10:53:28 PM »

Oops (Spoo spelled backwards)!  My bad. :-[

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2005, 11:14:25 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely dinner with the Pogues, Richard Valley, and his ever-lovin' Tom.  Stories were told, laughs were laughed, and obscene amounts of food were ingested, none more so than myself (I had the cracked crab, which is very lo-cal, and I didn't overdo the 1000 island dressing - but I did have bread pudding for dessert and that put me over the edge).

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2005, 11:26:22 PM »

Hildy and I just returned from West Linn where we had dinner with Mark, James and Hildy's kennel pal, now cousin, Digger!

Those two dogs just love each other...really! You see it would appear that Hildy is not yet spayed and Digger hasn't had his little operation yet, either! LOL! So we had to try and keep an eye on them at all times. We hadn't even thought about it until we noticed Digger constantly trying to have relations with poor Hildy!

That aside, we had a wonderful dinner and watched MA AND PA KETTLE GO TO TOWN, which James was highly amused by...in fact I have never seen him laugh so hard before...Mark and I were rather surprised!

MBarnum

« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2005, 11:27:55 PM »

And everyone seems to agree that Hildy, short for Hildegard, is an appropriate name for the new dog.

And Freddy doesn't even hiss at Hildy anymore...I think they are becoming pals.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up