Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HEALING HANDS  (Read 21405 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:HEALING HANDS
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2005, 08:57:27 AM »

I'd watch "It Happened to Jane," but I don't have it on DVD.

Besides, DR Jane will tell us what happened to her all in good time!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2005, 08:57:33 AM »

Elmore thank you for the Potter comments, I won’t expect much from the ending now.  

TCB I found your reaction to the book interesting along wit your comparisons to the movie.

All the Potter posts have been interesting, without spoiling the movie.  Thank you.  :)

Jane

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2005, 08:58:40 AM »

Jason-I am thrilled you had a great birthday.

MBarnum, I’m shocked the dogs were released without having been “fixed”.  Did you have to sign promises to do so?  If so, were you given a time frame in which to do so?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2005, 08:58:57 AM »

We're on page 2...I suppose homage to a dead composer is expected....or a dead redhead's dance ought to ensue....

...but I've got nothing'! :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 09:01:52 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2005, 09:05:35 AM »

There's a cranberry-pear salad Tyler Florence made on a food show on the Food Network a week or so back.  Looked phenomenally good, and I'm thinking of making some for me for Thanksgiving.  Of course, I'll be eating it with a pork loin instead of a toikey...but that's okay!
I believe you're referring to his Cranberry-Pear Relish.  And of course cranberry relishes go well with pork, as well as most any kind of fowl.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2005, 09:05:53 AM »

I'm enjoying the various reactions to HARRY POTTER as well. Hope others will add their thoughts as they see the movie.

RIght now, my plan is to go on Tuesday afternoon.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2005, 09:07:01 AM »

Off to get laundry started. Also need to prep lunch.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2005, 09:13:14 AM »

I believe you're referring to his Cranberry-Pear Relish.  And of course cranberry relishes go well with pork, as well as most any kind of fowl.

Yes, that's the word...relish.

I relish the thought of chomping some of it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2005, 09:16:23 AM »

For those with a lust for the tangy tart tastiness of relish, I offer up Tyler Florence's cranberry-pear relish (no, I don't know why "orange" isn't part of the name).

From a "How to Boil Water" episode on Thanksgiving meals:

1 small navel orange
1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries
1 Bartlett pear, cored and cut into large chunks
1/2 cup light brown sugar
Pinch kosher salt
3 tablespoons pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped

Wash and dry the orange. Cut the orange into small wedges, including the peel, and put in a food processor. Add the cranberries, pear, sugar, and salt. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days. Just before serving, stir in the pecans.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 09:17:04 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2005, 09:18:04 AM »

Oh, YUM.  I want some NOW.

Michael

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2005, 09:21:19 AM »

A quick hello from Times Square.

Had aftertoon tea shopping with Vixmom and the Vixtor. Dinner with Ben ans dinner with Ben. Then I saw Avenue Q. More about that when I get back to Florida or I use a computer at Kinko's. I was going to go out and hit the town but I was way too tired. I had been up since 3am.

Today I had a nice 32 block walk uptown and took the subway back to Times Square where I waited in line for a ticket to Alter Boyz for the matinee.

Well got to get going. A lot more thinsg to do.
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2005, 09:24:25 AM »

Hi Michael S. Wish I were there with you.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2005, 09:28:04 AM »

Overindulging.

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2005, 09:31:25 AM »

DR Jane, that kitten picture is on my screen saver at work! It just cracks me up!

Jane

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2005, 09:32:23 AM »

Ron that is what has been happening with me.  I have been overindulging due to the stress from this kitchen remodel. ;D

I think I should work out and take a walk.  If nothing else it will keep me from eating.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 09:32:43 AM by Jane »

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2005, 09:33:06 AM »

The Human Society gives you a certificate which pays for the spaying. In Hildy's case they were not absolutely sure she if she had been spayed or not. They could not find any scar, and presumed that she wasn't. I guess all they needed to really do was bring Digger over to her kennel and he would have shown them!

MBarnum

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2005, 09:33:50 AM »

Hildy and Freddy are both asleep on the bed! They are almost buddies now!

Jane

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2005, 09:34:22 AM »

MBarnum it is also on our screensaver.  Keith keeps asking if you have posted a photo of Hildy yet.  We both want to see her.  Don't forget to include one of Freddy & Hildy together.

MBarnum

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2005, 09:36:10 AM »

Hildy has been vomiting up all her food, which has me concerned. She is hardly eating, also. I bought the kind of food that she was being fed at the shelter, but maybe she needs a type for sensitive tummys.

I decided we will have our vet visit today, right after my neice Katie and her husband Brian come over to visit this morning...which means I had now better jump into the shower.

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2005, 09:37:38 AM »

MBarnum it is also on our screensaver.  Keith keeps asking if you have posted a photo of Hildy yet.  We both want to see her.  Don't forget to include one of Freddy & Hildy together.

I still cannot find the connection cord for my camera. But I will take the camera thingy to Walmart on the way to the vet and have prints made along with a disc and then I will post some photos of Hildy, her cousin Digger, and Freddy!

Jane

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2005, 09:38:33 AM »

MBarnum, I know you will have her spayed but I wonder how many people don't follow through if the Human Society doesn't require proof it was done.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2005, 09:40:06 AM »

Good tummy vibes for Hildy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2005, 10:17:54 AM »

Simply changing locations can cause puppy tummy trouble.

But I also am not fond of the living conditions in SPCA kennels.  A good checking by your vet will help find any disease problems Hildy might have.

I'm so glad you're giving her a home!  And yes, pics soonest when you can!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

There's a cranberry-pear salad Tyler Florence made on a food show on the Food Network a week or so back.  Looked phenomenally good, and I'm thinking of making some for me for Thanksgiving.  Of course, I'll be eating it with a pork loin instead of a toikey...but that's okay!

Hmm may have to look for that one. I have Rachael Ray's Apple and Onion Stuffin muffins in the oven, but I'm not that keen on really crispy stuffing/dressing so I put it all in one casserole dish instead of in a muffin tin.

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2005, 10:35:26 AM »

Thanks! Have printed it off, it does sound good indeed

Cillaliz

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2005, 10:37:54 AM »

Good health vibes to Hildy....a check-up is a good idea anyway

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2005, 10:47:22 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  The phone rang - I thought to myself, "Myself, who is calling me this early on a Sunday, for heaven's sake.  Then I saw that the time was ten-thirty.  I finally got the sleep I've needed for the last two weeks.  

I shall now go do the one little errand I must do, and then it's sitting on my couch like so much fish all the livelong day and night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2005, 10:48:11 AM »

Now, might I just ask where in tarnation IS everyone?  Just because it's a gorgeous Sunday morning doesn't mean we sit around like so much fish and not post, you know.  You know?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2005, 11:26:03 AM »

Oh, I see - it's going to be one of THOSE days, is it?  I'm the only one in the jernt at 11:26 with no posts in forty-five minutes.  I see.  I just see.  See I just.  Okie doke, when I get back if I see a similar story then I shall be getting out Ye Olde Bitch-Slap machine, and watch out, baby, watch out.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2005, 11:43:06 AM »

Danise - how are you?  I have been worried about you.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up