Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CRASH DIET  (Read 15837 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:CRASH DIET
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2005, 10:09:37 AM »

Thanks for sharing the details of your trip DR MS....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2005, 10:09:59 AM »

Mime Dance!

Michael

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2005, 10:13:34 AM »

Anyone watch The Macy Thanksgiving's Day Parade on TV?

I saw it in person (Not gloating) but I have a  question.

Right before Santa arrived there were a group a women dressed up as christmas trees dancing while pushing shopping carts and walkers.

I was wondering was the musical audible on the tv broadcast.

The reason I ask is that they were using Bruce Kimmel's recording of BE A SANTA from A Broadway Christmas. I only heard Michelle's portion of the song.

Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2005, 10:13:43 AM »

Media Check:

DVD: In honor of Keith Andes, HELL'S BLOODY DEVILS..althought I doubt he would be honored by that film...in fact I am sure it is one he would have liked to have forgotten about! LOL!l

VHS: In honor of Carolyn Kearney, her guest starring episode of the TV show FRONTIER CIRCUS.

CD: I will break out the Christmas CDs!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2005, 10:13:50 AM »

I had a nice long sleep, which I needed.  Why are we still on page one?  You'd think this was the Thanksgiving weekend or something.  

Quick, everyone tell their favorite Knock Knock joke.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Locksmith.
Locksmith who?
Lox 'mith bagels.

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2005, 10:14:27 AM »

Have a great trip FJL!

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2005, 10:16:23 AM »

Today I will go to see THE NUTCRACKER ballet with my sister Sue, my mom, my neice-in-law Jamie, and grand neice Taylor!

Taylor is very excited!!! And she has a brand new gown to wear to the event, courtesy of Uncle Mike!

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2005, 10:22:33 AM »

Cold today...very cold.  But temperatures in the sixties expected by Monday!

Of course, it will warm up - I just packed away my short sleeves and unpacked my sweaters and turtlenecks!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2005, 10:26:50 AM »

Today I will go to see THE NUTCRACKER ballet with my sister Sue, my mom, my neice-in-law Jamie, and grand neice Taylor!

Taylor is very excited!!! And she has a brand new gown to wear to the event, courtesy of Uncle Mike!

DR MBarnum - 25 years ago this holiday season soon-to-be DH Richard and I took his nieces to see The Nutcracker at Cincinnati's Music Hall (one of them is now the mom of the great-nephew who visited us yesterday).  By the end of the performance one was sitting on my lap and the other was sitting on Richard's.  The woman behind us complimented us on how well-behaved our daughters were.  Since it was about a month before we were to get married, I just said, "Oh, thank you!"

May we see a photo of Taylor in the frock Uncle Mike bought?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2005, 10:31:33 AM »

Okay, so I loved the book, and here's the amazon review, which finally appeared this morning!!

Whatta Ride!, November 25, 2005
Reviewer:   PennyO (Kula, Maui) - See all my reviews
Oh, BOY!! From the giddy-up - and I emphasize "giddy" - this story grabs ya and takes you on the monster roller-coaster, whirling teacups, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and then some. A tight, fast (we're talking white-knuckle fast) blitz of a story, in the multiple-personality first-person. I guessed part of it about halfway through - because of the vicarious thrill of doing in those whose goose I never got to cook... 'Tis said that Revenge is a dish best served cold... Well, for anyone who ever felt majorly WRONGED, and had the tenacity to hold a grudge beyond death, which I suspect is a goodly number of yuz, this gourmet concoction is WAY delicious.
PennyO

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2005, 10:33:26 AM »

Happy day-after-Thanksgiving, all!  I am very tired today, after the preparations and the event yesterday.  Fortunately, I don't have to go back to work until Monday.

TOD:  DVD - Six Feet Under, Season 4, Disc 4, which I think was in my media report last Friday - still haven't had time to watch it!  CD - Barbara Cook It's Better with a Band.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2005, 10:34:27 AM »

So I made a gourmet dinner last night, heavy on the macadamia nuts (I ownder why?), and slept to a DVD of My Cousin Vinny. And in my CD player is the  most wonderful compilation CD from a group of which I only recently - let's see... ummm... yes, only in the last ten days - have become enamoured. They are HAPA, a Hawaiian duo - oh, m'gawd! They are touring the West Coast on occasion. Anyway, I highly recommend these guys. Aloha!
PennyO

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2005, 10:35:27 AM »

DR Michael Shayne - I did see the shopping cart ladies go by in the Macy's parade, but didn't catch that they were playing Be a Santa.  I was watching NBC and, from what others have said here, I wish I'd watched CBS.  Of course, the best would be to see it in person, which I did in 1977.  Where were you located to watch?  Was yesterday the first time you'd seen the parade in person?  Were you near any of the mishaps?

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2005, 10:36:42 AM »

Aloha, DR PennyO!  One of my favorite bands in yesterday's Macy's parade was from Hawaii!

Michael

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2005, 10:55:49 AM »

DR Michael Shayne - I did see the shopping cart ladies go by in the Macy's parade, but didn't catch that they were playing Be a Santa.  I was watching NBC and, from what others have said here, I wish I'd watched CBS.  Of course, the best would be to see it in person, which I did in 1977.  Where were you located to watch?  Was yesterday the first time you'd seen the parade in person?  Were you near any of the mishaps?

I was at 63rd and Central Park West
Yes this was my first time in person
And no I was not near any of the mishaps, but some of the bigger ballons they had some problems handling.
I think it was Barney that had a deflated foot. I took pictures which I will post.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2005, 11:10:32 AM »

I love the Nutcracker ballet!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2005, 11:12:05 AM »

Knock Knock.

Who's there?

Sam and Janet.

Sam and Janet who?

Sam and Janet Evening.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2005, 11:49:52 AM »

BK, I was very distressed to learn, that on this holiday weekend, whatever felt the need to strike your fancy.  Shameful!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2005, 12:09:44 PM »

I feel the same way TCB. I mean, what in the world did his fancy do to deserve being struck!?

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2005, 12:11:01 PM »

This will be my first time seeing THE NUTCRACKER live! I have seen it televised, before, but not up close and in person.

I have loved the music since I was a child.

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2005, 12:18:49 PM »

And here is Tayor modeling the latest from Walmart fashion...her going-to-ballet outfit!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2005, 12:27:43 PM »

Perfect for ballet viewing!  Sweet picture, DR MBARNUM

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2005, 12:45:39 PM »

Thanks for sharing the cute photo of Taylor, DR MBarnum!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2005, 12:47:20 PM »

Back from my travels - it looks like our Beta master is the culprit - now we're just hoping that our session hasn't been nuked from the computer, otherwise we're going to have to make do, although at the very least we're going to brighten the contrast a bit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2005, 12:47:41 PM »

One knock knock joke?  Ginny, you're it.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2005, 01:04:48 PM »

BK, I was very distressed to learn, that on this holiday weekend, whatever felt the need to strike your fancy.  Shameful!
I'm still conjuring the picture of Whatever carrying a picket sign.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2005, 01:09:47 PM »

One knock knock joke?  Ginny, you're it.

Would you believe I cannot think of one knock knock joke?  But here's the joke our son told when he performed in his first day camp talent show:

What did the pig put on his sunburn?

OINK-ment!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2005, 01:10:25 PM »

Knock, knock
Who's there?
Isabel.
Isabel who?
Isabel working? I had to knock.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2005, 01:11:19 PM »

Knock knock
Who's there?
Radio.
Radio who?
Radio not, here I come!

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2005, 01:12:11 PM »

My Bollywood movie for the weekend:

APRIL FOOL (1964) starring Biswajeet and Saira Banu.

Cute little romantic comedy that takes a turn towards espionage thriller...pretty much a fluff piece.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up