Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: CRASH DIET  (Read 15843 times)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:CRASH DIET
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2005, 12:09:47 AM »

A belated Happy Thanksgiving from DB Jed and myself.  I've enjoyed reading all the Thanksgiving stories, particularly the yummylicious descriptions of food.  
Jed and I had a marvelous time at his aunt and uncle's house up in Edmonds (about 20 min above Seattle)  With all his extended family, we were 16 people strong at the table.  His aunt Nancy put forth an incredible feast, the highlight of which was the turkey itself.  Apparently she soaked it in a brine for 4 days prior to roasting.  The result was a tender, flavorful, moist, perfectly cooked bird..yummy!  All the side dishes were great as well...sweet potatoes and green beans were highlights for me.  She made the beans with some sort of a garlic butter thing that was amazing.  After we'd allowed the meal to settle, we ate pumpkin and apple pie, both excellent.  

A personal highlight of the evening came right as everyone was finishing with dinner.  Aunt Nancy, out of the clear blue, passed out sheets with Christmas Carol lyrics on them and announced that we were starting a new tradition.  This announcment was greeted with more than one dubious look from around the table.  Her teenaged daughters and the men in attendance looked particularly skeptical.  But she had that look in her eye that told us all that arguing was futile, and since she'd been kind enough to make us such a wonderful feast, we oblidged her.  It was rather comical, I thought.  With no one comfortable at the piano, we just did them a capella.  Jed and I banded together to pick a key, and thankfully most people followed us.  

All in all, it was a great time...and I think I made a decent impression on the family.  It's always interesting to see families for the first time in large holiday situations.  I'd met most of them prior to yesterday, but since no one new has attended Thanksgiving dinner since Jed's uncle Kevin brought Nancy around...well, I wasn't surprised to be under some scrutiny.  But Jed tells me I passed the test...yay.  

Today we braved the crowds to go out and get some tools to hang Christmas lights.  We couldn't resist a peek at Circuit City, where we stood and drooled over a plasma TV...the picture is truly incredible!  Poor Jed got a headache after awhile, but we finally found what we came for, so it was a successful trip.  Tomorrow I shall venture out to get another string of lights, and then the apartment will be properly decked out for the season.

There, I'm caught up on the posts, and you all are caught up on us :)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:CRASH DIET
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2005, 12:14:30 AM »

And I've started page 6...but I won't dance...no one around to see it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up