Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEW  (Read 17931 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:WHEW
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2005, 01:24:10 PM »

Looking forward to s Shirley Temple (a movie, not a drink) later this afternoon.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2005, 01:28:38 PM »

Well, I tried a Page 3 Lucy Dance, but the upload folder is still full.

Maybe later.

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2005, 02:10:12 PM »

My gosh, almost an hour between posts.

Anyway, I'm headed downstairs for bathroom cleaning and then more DVD/TV watching.

Jed

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2005, 02:40:04 PM »

I am a sports fan, particularly football.  Sunday afternoons in the fall/early winter always include the Seattle Seahawks game (which I'm watching right this very moment), and usually at least part of another game.  

I've only been to a handful of pro sports games (a couple for the Seahawks, a couple Mariners games, and a Sonics basketball game), but none of them were close enough games to be particularly exciting.  College football has probably provided some of my more exciting sports moments, particularly in 1995 when my hometown (and later alma mater) Central Washington University Wildcats went all the way to the national championship game.  The game ended in a tie.  I have no idea how the NAIA (small schools here, folks) allows a championship game to end without overtime, but they did.  Oh well, it allows CWU to be listed as national (co)champions.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2005, 02:47:39 PM »

Of course, my greatest sports memory will be a clear choice come February, when I get to finally see my beloved Seahawks play in the Super Bowl.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2005, 03:40:59 PM »

New low anyone?  I am thoroughly something-or-other at this errant and truantness.   Oh, well.  Glad that SOME people are here, at least, and maybe we'll have some folks show up later.  I finished with storage and the meeting, so I'm ready to eat.

I was trying to put together a full set of all my recordings for the silent auction, but, interestingly, I don't have any extras on about fifty titles - isn't that shocking?  That includes the big B'way shows like Dolly, King and I, Play On, as well as I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change, Bed and Sofa, Grand Night For Singing, etc.  I don't seem to have extras of Liz Callaway's second album, nor any of my film music albums.  I do have to go through another box or two in my closet - I may find some there.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2005, 03:50:48 PM »

Looking forward to s Shirley Temple (a movie, not a drink) later this afternoon.
Not that the drink is anything to sneeze at.  Found this info at another site:

This sweet, pink, non-alcoholic cocktail was invented in the late 1930's by the bartender at Chasen's Restaurant in Hollywood, for the curly-topped star

Chasen's Restaurant was the favourite for many Stars during seven decades of Hollywood history. This legendary restaurant began on 13th Dec 1936 as a Rib & Chilli Bar, but was transformed during the Golden Years when Hollywood stars turned Chasen's into a social scene, and later in the Reagan era when it became a common meeting place for the President and his supporters.

The usual mixture for the drink involves a glass of club soda/lemon-lime soda/ginger ale, to which is added a splash of grenadine and a garnish of an orange slice and a cherry.  Plese note, grenadine is not cherry juice, although the colors are similar.  Grenadine is a syrup made from pomegranite juice.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2005, 03:54:01 PM »

I spent way too many years as a scorekeeper for gay softball teams to want to discuss sports.  Although they did lead me to meeting der Brucer, but that's far too involved a story.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2005, 03:55:29 PM »

Here's to life, liberty, and the pursy of happiness!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2005, 04:03:14 PM »

Tonight will be a good night for making soup.

I'm thinking leek and potato, always a good soup to make.

That, and some chicken thighs, and a salad with some home-made bleu cheese dressing (heavy on the bleu cheese, thank-you very much).

Since we don't have a fireplace (an oversight in the house design), I'll have to settle with wrapping a Dalmatian around my shoulders.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2005, 04:17:58 PM »

DR Jennifer, the business of voting for the preferred ending for that VERONICA MARS episode reminds me of the three endings offered for the movie CLUE.

If a show (and I'm talking the movie CLUE here) can offer the same clues and come up with three totally different scenarios as a solution to the mystery it's generated, then the mystery wasn't tightly written or very good to begin with.

Now, I'll withold any further negativity until I actually SEE the episode, but that was my initial feeling when I saw the stuff about internet voting on the endings.
For another example of multiple endings, there's The Mystery of Edmund Drood, a fun show but, when it comes to the mystery, not a prime example of detection.

The Veronica show sounds more like a promotion stunt than anything else.  Problem is, only the fans of the show will know what the voting is really about, and how it affects the show's plotlines.  It mars the mystery aspect.

(Pun intended.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2005, 04:33:15 PM »

...Hi everyone.  I’m just a bit overwhelmed with the kitchen right now...
Pictures of the reconstruction requested.

...We saw Goblet of Fire on Thanksgiving and missed the crowds.  We both felt it was the best one so far.  Recalling the posts I grabbed a Kleenex on our way out the door. :)...
Der B and I will be seeing the film a second time soon.  Since the grandlads want to see it, we'll be making it a family event, probably with Mommy and Daddy along for the experience as well.  

There are problems, of course.  Der Grampa is certain that Alex will be able to handle the film's dark areas, but we're not so sure of younger William, who at age five may well be biting off more than he can chew.  That being the case, we've agreed that one or the other of us can take him out of the theater if the film prooves to be too much for him, without ruining the experience for us because we've seen it before.

Taking Mommy and Daddy is another problem.  They're fighting again, mostly because neither wants to listen to what the other has to say any more.  Daddy's solution is to shut everything out, Mommy's solution is to shout even louder, having the last say even when no one is listening.  They are quite unpleasant to be with, and I'm very glad that I was working on Thanksgiving and couldn't join them for dinner that night.  I've a hunch that after the film we'll be heading for dinner somewhere, which means they'll be fighting with each other, fighting with the kids...welcome to indigestion city.

Or maybe they'll decide that McDonalds is the best dinner option, and der Grampa and I can skip that quite happily.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2005, 04:34:39 PM »

Time to go make soup.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2005, 04:40:32 PM »

Soup.  I'll give you soup.

I've managed to now put together 100 of the CDs I've produced, which means that somewhere between thirty-five to forty discs I don't have duplicates of.  I'll be double checking again later tonight - maybe I'll find a couple of others when I look through the Varese stuff more carefully.  In other words, I found copies of three CDs in my "office" copies that I cannot seem to find in my main file copies - if those show up, I can add them to the pile, but 100 at least is a nice round number.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2005, 04:48:16 PM »

We've officially been purged, so you may now post whatever photos you like.

Soup?  I'll give you soup.

Quick, everyone make twenty posts in a row, then maybe we won't achieve our new all-time low.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2005, 04:50:08 PM »

I've decided I can't be a sports fan.  I can't take the pressure!  The Seahawks/Giants game is reaching it's nerve-wracking end.  Jed is ready to jump out of his skiin.  This is just too intense for me!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2005, 04:54:36 PM »

This afternoon we saw ZATHURA and were disappointed.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2005, 04:55:10 PM »

Ann-LOL.

Jed

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2005, 05:07:47 PM »

Alright, new top sports moment... The Seahawks just won one of the greatest football games I have ever seen!!!!  :D

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2005, 05:08:31 PM »

And Ann breathes a HUGE sigh of relief!!!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2005, 05:19:56 PM »

I noticed that "Veronica Mars" is to be shown here over the summer break.. Written off! Some shows don't really cross the Pacific that well. "Monk" could not find an audience. I watched three episodes and thought it was just plain "nothing" (other than silly).
I still tend to prefer shows that originate in the UK. "Frasier" was a major exception.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2005, 05:20:01 PM »

Way to go, 'Hawks!

Back from the day's festivities - the Eagle ceremony was very nice and my trip to Cincinnati to deposit DS Rob was smooth.

Here is the photo I tried to post from Thanksgiving:

Seated right - Richard's mother with R behind her and his brothers next to him.

Seated left - My mother (87 today) with me behind her and my sister next to me.

This was the first time, I think since our wedding, that we'd had both mothers and all our siblings together.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2005, 05:26:11 PM »

I guess I should add to my favorite sports memoires the fact that I have had the chance to see some of the greats of modern baseball play in person............ Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey, Jr., Mark McGwire, and my idol Cal Ripken, Jr., as well as many others.  I also got to see Jose Canseco, who may be a royal a**hole, but is without a doubt one of the most beautiful speicmens of manhood I have ever laid eyes on.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2005, 05:28:29 PM »

Oh!  Did the Seahawks play today?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2005, 05:32:28 PM »

It is cold here today.  I would love to crawl into bed with a ....................... good book (I was waiting for offers), but I have laundry to finish and I need to go to the store before I can retire for the night.  AND, it looks like I am going to be busy running up the post total, so that we don't have an all-time low.  Where is Jose when you need him?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2005, 05:33:59 PM »

Apparently, Jed has collapsed, following the game, and is unable to continue to post.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2005, 05:36:07 PM »

And where in tarnation has Rodzinski been this weekend?
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2005, 05:38:42 PM »

I blame Jose.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2005, 05:39:07 PM »

And where has MattH. gone?   If he lists the name of one DVD he has watched today, per post, we can easily beat our all-time low.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2005, 05:40:29 PM »

Good.  If it means another post, I will blame Jose, too.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up