Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EAR READERS  (Read 23668 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
EAR READERS
« on: November 28, 2005, 12:11:29 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes have prepared you for any and all eventualities, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently reading some ears.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 12:07:56 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:EAR READERS
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 12:14:14 AM »

And the word of the day is: DOWAGER!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 12:23:10 AM »

Don't hold back, BK.  Tell us how you really feel about Ebert and Roeper...or not. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 12:27:54 AM »

Well, I'm going to have to think about the snacks topic...there are so many to choose from!  Goodnight!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 12:28:39 AM »

I have always loathed Ebert, and I've equally loathed every one of his partners.  How's that?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 12:30:34 AM »

I've had a first report on Memoirs of a Geisha and the report isn't good, which is what I've been suspecting.  It will be interesting to see what the critics make of it, but I'm told it's paint-by-numbers filmmaking, very uninvolving, and overscored (like most of today's films), with the music nudging you at ever opportunity, which, of course, has the opposite effect than is intended.   One scene is apparently so poorly directed that you don't know WHAT is going on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 12:33:44 AM »

Snacks:  Buttered popcorn is always a favorite movie and reading snack for me.  I also really like Wheat Thins and those Chicken in a Biscuit things, but the latter are really fattening, so I rarely eat them.  I occasionally like beef jerky, beer nuts (again, really fattening, so I don't do them often), cashews, almonds.  I'm not a fruit person, but I sometimes like dried fruits, maybe once every three months or so.  I also like chocolate covered raisins as a snack.  I sometimes get in a cottage cheese mood, and sometimes when I'm doing some late-night watching, I'll rustle up a tortilla with cheese.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 12:33:55 AM »

Now I'm hungry.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 04:44:06 AM »

Thanks, now I'M hungry too.

My favorite dowager is Margaret Dumont.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 04:45:17 AM »

Snacks - I like the Bacon & Cheddar Ruffled Chips from MikeSells.  I also like Chiken in a Bisket....popcorn, of course.

NOW however, I eat lovely caramel rice cakes or apples, and my pants fit much better because of it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 04:46:01 AM »

Ear reading sounds like something we would do at World of Wisdom.

My name is MICHAEL DELAROSA!!!

\ /
       OO

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 04:46:44 AM »

Hmmm.....I guess I can save my money on the Champion bio!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 05:25:43 AM »

It is 57 degrees with some high winds....we are expecting THUNDERSTORMS today.  The weather looks threatening!

I think I will go to the grocery store.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 05:33:41 AM »

Snack foods: Low-fat popcorn

Don't laugh at me for saying this, but we are in the midst of a cold-snap here in Arizona. At 6:30 a.m., it is 41F -- chilly for us here in November, which is usually t-shirt time.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 05:51:17 AM »

What a busy, busy weekend I've had!  Suffice to say, carpets were steam cleaned, Christmas trees were raised and decorated, leaves were raked, online shopping was done  and WHITE CHRISTMAS was viewed and enjoyed.  All of these tasks and efforts were fueled by a terrific feast on Thanksgiving Day at the House of Sister the Eldest.  Yessiree, Bob (and Nancy), the Christmas season has gotten off to a jam-packed start!

The flip-side to all this is that I picked up a case of the sniffles and sneezies, and last night I started feeling a bit tattered and torn.  I'll be taking Airborne all day today to try to keep this from developing into anything worse.  I can't afford to be sick before Christmas!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 05:59:17 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept late this morning, and I have a big work day here at the apartment:
  1.  Holiday concert orchestra parts
  2.  BABES edition notes
  3.  Tax work for my accountant
  4.  Post Office
  5.  Rehearsal with Elaine Stritch this evening

That's plenty, I do believe.  I believe I'll start out by preparing the title pages for the holiday charts, take a break and fret over my editorial preface.  It's good to have some work.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 05:59:44 AM »

TOD:

If I'm in a movie theatre, I prefer buttered popcorn.  The thing is, it seems that all theatre-popped popcorn these days is air popped.  Much healthier, I'm sure.  But it's dry and somewhat tasteless, no matter how much butter one pumps on it.

At home, I loves potato chips.  Herr's Potato Chips (a brand local to the Pennsylvania area) in particular.  As for snack crackers, I like Chicken in a Basket, Triscuits, and Wheat Thins.  Garlic Butter Ritz crackers are yummy, too.  If I'm feeling ambitious in my snacking, I'll pop a number of crackers in the toaster oven sprinkled with a bit of shredded cheddar and a dash of paprika.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 06:14:34 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up... I'm up...

-Still not sure exactly what I'm going to do with my day. There are a few things I do need to get done (bills, mail, banking, etc.); it's just a matter of the order in which I will do them.

But for now, I think just continuing to wake up is the plan.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 06:19:07 AM »

As for The Topic of The Day...

Popcorn.  But I seem to go in phases with the stuff.  When I'm not eating it, I'm not eating it.  But when that unmistakable aroma from the pot on the stove, the popper and/or the microwave becomes too much to resists, well...  All bets are off.  I'll end up having a bag a day/night for a few days in a row, and that seems to satisfy my popcorn quotient for a while.  And then a couple of weeks later...

*The Orville R. "Smart Pop" microwave popcorn - especially the Kettle Corn variety is particularly good.  However, the best microwave popcorn I've tasted recently is Newman's Own.  Really good stuff.  Worth the extra nickels and dimes at the grocery store.  -And no trans-fats either!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 06:21:43 AM »

...Otherwise, it's potato chips, pretzels, crackers, various "snack mixes"... basically anything salted and put into a bag.  Oh, and nuts!  Especially almonds, cashews and those assorted mixes - especially the ones without peanuts, but with pistachios in the mix.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 06:22:55 AM »

Well, let me head out to the post office to drop off my mail and to check my PO Box, and then I need to spend an hour or so taking care of my bills.  :-\

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 06:23:29 AM »

Last night I viewed the 225th Hallmark Hall of Fame presentation, SILVER BELLS.  Feh!  What an awful holiday movie.  One of these years I must write my telepic--A YEAR WITHOUT CHRISTMAS COOKIES.  It will be the tale of a bitter, lonely old man who, because he burns his fingertips in a Thanksgiving frozen pizza mishap, is unable to make his customary batch of cut-and-bake Christmas cookies.  And then for some reason or other, he is forced to take in borders to make ends meet.  Among his borders is a young Hispanic girl who is hiding a secret, a ten year old black boy who wants to be an artist, and a middle-aged widow who carries a heavy burden.  Together, these people form a new kind of family that discovers the true meaning of Christmas cookies. This will be a heartwarming and inspiration story that the whole family will enjoy.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 06:26:07 AM »

I also like Chex Party Mix, but I don't like to make it.  I tend to work my holiday party plans around whether or not I know the hosts will make a batch of the stuff.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 06:27:45 AM »

Dan (the) Man -- you are incorrigible!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 06:30:32 AM »

My favorite snack food of all time, but one which I avoid like the very hounds of hell these days, is Cheetos (crispy).  

I LOVE Cheetos (crispy).  I could consume massive quantities of Cheetos (crispy).

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 06:32:40 AM »

It's back to work today.  I'm almost ready to go in.

Meanwhile, the TV news is full of nothing but heavily dramatic tales of the Greyhound bus that drove off the road yesterday here in California (somewhere north of LA).  Two people died, sadly.

But it's getting SO much coverage.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 06:35:45 AM »

Enough.  I must dress and depart.

I must drive.

I must avoid hitting any doddering dowagers along the way.

I must do it now.

MBarnum

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 06:47:43 AM »

For movie viewing snacking I like to put a handful of almonds in the microwaver for 1:45 minutes. Then I have a tasty, roasted, sometimes crispy treat.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 07:15:04 AM »

News Flash!  AN UNMARRIED WOMAN will be released on DVD on January 10!  
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 07:18:26 AM »

Monday moanin' greetings.  I'm moaning because today should be my day off, but it was changed to Friday this week so I could be here for a departmental meeting :P

The meeting will be preceeded by a covered dish luncheon, for which I brought a pecan pie.

TOD - Popcorn, nuts (especially cashews and almonds), Pepperidge Farm goldfish.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up