News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BANG  (Read 21796 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BANG
« on: November 29, 2005, 12:06:18 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes gave you more bang for your buck, and your buck gave you more buck for your bang, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're trying to get more bang for their buck, too.  But that's just because they need the MOOlah.

We don't allow groaning here at haineshisway.com
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 12:16:48 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BANG
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 12:07:05 AM »

And the word of the day is: HOARY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 12:36:17 AM »

Assuming that we could be the appropriate age (or "type") for the character, even if we're not really that age any more...or yet, I'd love to play Georges/George in Sunday in the Park With George, and not just because of the name. ;)  This was the first Broadway musical that I had ever seen (even if it was on TV) and I just fell in love with it from the very first time I watched it.  I didn't "get" everything at first, but I really responded to the music and the performers.

And as far as theatrical shows were concerned, it was so different from just about everything that I had seen up to that point.  It wasn't Oklahoma! or Joseph and the Technicolor® Dreamcoat , The Boy Friend or even Follies.  I've always wanted to be part of a production (any production) but no one in Olympia has ever done it.  Maybe someday, but playing the lead is beyond my reach.  Even when I was anywhere near the right age, I was never a good enough actor or singer to play the role.  But I'd still love to play any part in it. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 04:22:16 AM »

Havn't caught up and in fact it has taken me over 45 minutes and 10 ten attempts to get into these here notes today i kept getting throewn into something called "internet O[ptomizer" if anyone here can tell me how to keep that damn sirte from popping up please let me know.

Please keep those Vibes acoming Vixdad is right at this monet in the hosspital gettinghis angiogram done.  I had a choice between sitting by myself in the waiting room from 6 AM until 11 or 12 to find out if he is staying and getting angioplasty and stents  or comng here to work (which is only about 15 minutes from the hospital) so I figured I may as well come here where at least I have stuff to do to keep busy.  I thought I would catch up here but stupid MSN seems to have gotten in my way.  I'll try and do some catching up now if I don't get thrown off the site again.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Michael

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 04:41:10 AM »

I would like to play Sydney in Deathtrap. A fun mystery and you can play Syndey at many different levels. I saw Stacy Keach do it on Broadway and saw a Brit actor(whose name escapes me at the moment) on tour and they played it in their own way.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 04:43:54 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~VIBES TO VIXDAD ON HIS SURGERY!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]

Good morning, all!  I work at home on the editorial notes for a while, then go to the Met for the dress rehearsal of the new opera AN AMERICAN TRAGEDY.  My friend Bill Burden is playing one of the leads.  I hope I'll see his beautiful wife Carol there.

Dear Friend BK, I think the musical theatre workshop is fantastic news!  I haven't been so excited about a class since I thought DRSWW was teaching one on cooking.  I think you're perfect for it.

TOD:  Later.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 04:47:19 AM »

BTW if I am not around as much I am having hared drive problems (its on its way out after 5 years) that's why. I am deciding weather to buy a new hard drive or a new CPU or a notebook.
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 05:41:41 AM »

Vibes for Vixdad's procedure!  We've missed you here, DR vixmom.  Hope your family had a pleasant Thanksgiving.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 06:08:46 AM »

Havn't caught up and in fact it has taken me over 45 minutes and 10 ten attempts to get into these here notes today i kept getting throewn into something called "internet O[ptomizer" if anyone here can tell me how to keep that damn sirte from popping up please let me know.

Please keep those Vibes acoming Vixdad is right at this monet in the hosspital gettinghis angiogram done.  I had a choice between sitting by myself in the waiting room from 6 AM until 11 or 12 to find out if he is staying and getting angioplasty and stents  or comng here to work (which is only about 15 minutes from the hospital) so I figured I may as well come here where at least I have stuff to do to keep busy.  I thought I would catch up here but stupid MSN seems to have gotten in my way.  I'll try and do some catching up now if I don't get thrown off the site again.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  HEALTHY VIBES OF HEALTHY HEALTH FOR VIXDAD  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]

DR Vixmom, I don't mean to add to your worries this morning, but if you might want to run some spyware removal utility on your PC if you are encountering the internet optimizer.  If you don't have any spyware detection software, try Spybot Search and Destroy or Spy Sweeper (found at www.webroot.com)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 08:17:10 AM »

Finally!

From the looks of things (the paucity of posts), a lot of people have had difficulties logging on this morning.

I've been trying for about 40 minutes, and this is the first success I've had.

Must be that midwest storm...blame it on the storm!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 08:18:46 AM »

Best wishes and healing thoughts for de Mann!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 08:22:40 AM »

I didn't get a chance to watch any of my DVDs last evening.

I attempted, with a great deal of success (IISSM, "If I say so myself" in Internet Lingo), to replicate the lunch dish I had last Wednesday....the Italian sausage, arugula, asparagus, mushrooms, & cherry tomatoes sauteed in garlic olive oil and served over orzo.

I had everything but the arugula...but it tasted GREAT!

The rest of the evening was devoured by a phone call from a friend in Beverly Hills, NBC's "Surface" and "Medium"...plus I finished all my Christmas cards.

And I mailed said cards this morning!

Ain't I a stinker!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 08:23:05 AM »

Blame it on the storm and not on Jose!

NO WAY!!!

Good morning!

We started with a very warm but drizzly morning, but the skies are starting to clear now and looks like the day will turn out nice. Going to get colder, however. It's 66 right now!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 08:24:14 AM »

Yes, It took me over an hour to get on the site this morning. I kept getting a "Website contacted; failed to answer" error message.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 08:24:51 AM by Matt H. »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 08:24:57 AM »

It stormed all night last night here in Oakland.  It is supposed to continue today, but then taper off.  A second, bigger storm is moving in to sock us on Thursday.

Love those Pacific winter storms!

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 08:25:29 AM »

Best wishes and positive thoughts to Vixdad!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 08:26:31 AM »

Big box of DVD goodies finally arrived today from Deep Discount, so I'll probably be staying home from RENT today.

(Last time I order from DD, too, until they have another sale!)  :D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 08:26:59 AM »

I watched "Out of Practice" last night...again.

And it's growing on me nicely.

I love the interplay among the "children" of Channing and Winkler.

And Jennifer Tilly just cracks me up.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2005, 08:27:03 AM »

Vixmom:  Vibes to Vixdad, and I wouldn't worry about your connection problems--like several others have already mentioned, I, too, was getting a "Website Not Responding" error message for a long time this morning.  Maybe Bark Makalor unplugged something in his sleep.   :o
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 08:28:02 AM »

Very good news, bk, about the college workshop. The more musical theater can be pushed to the younger generation, the better things will be for everyone!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2005, 08:28:53 AM »

BK, I can think of no one better qualified to teach today's kiddies the history, the discipline and the art of musical theatre than you!

TOD:  I've always wanted to play Richard III...it would be my Shakespearean choice, even over Hamlet.  Just a real charismatic character.  I'd love to play Cyrano De Bergerac.  Never was a finer, more poetic role.  Musical I would like to play Haj is Kismet.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2005, 08:29:47 AM »

I watched "Out of Practice" last night...again.

And it's growing on me nicely.

I love the interplay among the "children" of Channing and Winkler.

And Jennifer Tilly just cracks me up.

Many of the funny lines have that dry sarcasm that was so hilarious on FRASIER, and I have the same reaction to it here, too. It's definitely in my top three sitcoms on the air right now.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2005, 08:32:12 AM »

Oof!  I forgot about my Deep Discount orders.

There's a batch arriving sometime in the next week (I hope) with seasons 2-5 of "Angel," seasons 9 & 10 of "Friends, and an assortment (3-5 more DVD titles) of odds and ends that caught my eye as I was perusing the listings.

But I swear to you all!  I'm done!  At least, I "hope" I'm done.  I do have some pre-orders in for season 2 of "Lois and Clark" and season 3 of "Mary Tyler Moore Show"...plus "March of the Penguins"...

..and danged if I didn't forget the new batch of Disney tin box titles...those should be arriving in a week or two.

Sigh.

S-i-g-h.

SIGH-H-H-H!

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2005, 08:32:54 AM »

There are three roles in musical theater that I've always wanted to play and as yet have not been able to:

1. ensemble/Groucho in A DAY IN HOLLYWOOD/A NIGHT IN THE UKRAINE.

2. Albert Peterson in BYE BYE BIRDIE

3. Michael in I DO! I DO!

But A DAY IN HOLLYWOOD/A NIGHT IN THE UKRAINE would be the best showcase. I sing, I tap dance, I play the piano and clarinet, all of which are utilized in the show.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2005, 08:34:24 AM »

Bang, indeed!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2005, 08:34:31 AM »

Good vibes to VIXDAD!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005, 08:34:53 AM »

LOL
TWT=Time Will Tell
DR RLP

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005, 08:35:46 AM »

Took awhile for me to get in here as well, but I made it!

DR ELMORE I hope to hear all about the opera....is there a scene in a rowboat?  And thanks for the Moore-Stritch Hat Report.

Jennifer

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 08:36:51 AM »

Good vibes to Vixdad!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't usually have problems at HHW. But I also could not log on to the posts (the notes were fine) from like 9am till now! :(

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2005, 08:37:43 AM »

There are three roles in musical theater that I've always wanted to play and as yet have not been able to:

1. ensemble/Groucho in A DAY IN HOLLYWOOD/A NIGHT IN THE UKRAINE.

2. Albert Peterson in BYE BYE BIRDIE

3. Michael in I DO! I DO!

That's funny, DR Matt--I was going to mention the very same two roles in my list.

I should note that, for the most part, I would never cast someone as myself in the majority of the roles I listed.  Either the wrong physicality or just plain old lacking the skills and endurance for most of them.  This is definitely a dream list.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up