News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BANG  (Read 21777 times)

Jennifer

Re:BANG
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2005, 08:39:30 AM »

Re: last night's MEDIUM.

SPOILERS.

I know some of you have not been fond of her kids.  But I just love them.  I think those are my favorite scenes.  The way the middle child talks always makes me smile.  And last night's visions (oldest child) were some of my favorite/and most interesting parts of the show.

I wasn't too crazy with the final result (what the wife did to her husband). That didn't satisfy me at all (even though he was creepy I thought what she did was really horrible).

But another good episode.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2005, 08:39:55 AM »

I played a couple of roles I really like already, both Neil Simon:

Felix in THE ODD COUPLE
Mel in PRISONER OF SECOND AVENUE

And I have also done Hysterium in A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM

I would do them all again!!!

I would like to play the father in THE HEIRESS/WASHINGTON SQUARE.  And I would like to play Cosmo in SINGIN' IN THE RAIN or Phil in WHITE CHRISTMAS....so I could do those DANCES!!!

What's this hoary old tale about some kind of class?  Yes, I think a musical theatre class taught by Professor Bisque would be invaluable!

And what's this about doing a play at The House of Pies?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2005, 08:40:35 AM »

Oh...and wear the TUXEDO.  Call Armani Wells.  You will be glad you did when all of the alumni are looking at you.

You will be the envy of all who survey you.

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2005, 08:41:33 AM »

Don't forget TAR is on tonight!  Hopefully they will get on an airplane. I am so sick of watching them drive!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2005, 08:41:46 AM »

AMAZING RACE tonight, the American Girl movie, and NCIS!!!

I think they are in hot air balloons, on the railroad, and some kind of cattle roping.  8)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 08:42:32 AM by JRand55 »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2005, 08:42:05 AM »

DR MBarnum, the song Shirley sings at her birthday party in her new "ballet dress" is "On Account of I Love You." It's the only song in the picture.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2005, 08:45:41 AM »

MEDIUM spoiler - - - -

DR Jennifer, what that husband was was more than creepy. He was a CREEP! a MURDERER! and worst of all, he dishonored his wife's name when HE was the guilty party. He looked on it as his WIFE's fault that he was drunk because it was her birthday.

What kind of chauvanistic, lop-sided thinking is that? HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED. I found the ending VERY satisfying.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 08:47:00 AM by Matt H. »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2005, 08:48:13 AM »

Tonight looks like one of those rare nights for me when there is too much to choose from, TV-wise.  Of course, there is TAR (which has some kind of "surprise ending" tonight.)  I will be Tivo-ing DR Panni's FELICITY:  AN AMERICAN GIRL ADVENTURE.  But there is also MIN AND BILL on TCM which I haven't seen in years, a doc on holistic healing and Rick Steves' Christmas in Europe on PBS and Barbara Walters' Ten Most Fascinating People.  I might have to rewire the VCR so I can record on that, as well.  

Jeeze, when it rains, it pours!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2005, 08:50:40 AM »

Since I'm skipping RENT today (looks like much of the country is skipping it), I'll start off with CSI: MIAMI from last night.

Then, I'll move on to something from the DD DVD box: MADAGASCAR perhaps.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2005, 08:52:15 AM »

Tonight looks like one of those rare nights for me when there is too much to choose from, TV-wise.  Of course, there is TAR (which has some kind of "surprise ending" tonight.)  I will be Tivo-ing DR Panni's FELICITY:  AN AMERICAN GIRL ADVENTURE.  But there is also MIN AND BILL on TCM which I haven't seen in years, a doc on holistic healing and Rick Steves' Christmas in Europe on PBS and Barbara Walters' Ten Most Fascinating People.  I might have to rewire the VCR so I can record on that, as well.  

Jeeze, when it rains, it pours!

And I have my usual dramas: BONES, HOUSE, and L&O:SVU.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2005, 08:52:46 AM »

Off to get lunch going now.

WBBL.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2005, 08:55:19 AM »

Don't forget TAR is on tonight!  Hopefully they will get on an airplane. I am so sick of watching them drive!

Keep on driving...
Keep on driving...
Keep on driving...
Keep on driving...

Have they revealed the teams for the next race yet?  As much as I like the Linz Family, I'm doubting that they will win and I want to see some new faces. (Though I am still getting a chuckle out of seeing the Black family in the opening credits going through their martial arts moves like they are a force to be reckoned with.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2005, 08:56:43 AM »

Off to get lunch going now.

WBBL.

Weebles WBBL but they won't fall down.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2005, 08:59:44 AM »

I haven't checked the site for the new teams.  It may be up.  Yes, I am ready to move on as well!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2005, 09:00:40 AM »

Well, I've done Matt in "The Fantasticks," Patrick (adult) in "Mame," and Albert in "Bye, Bye Birdie."

I always wanted to do Henry II in "Becket," Arthur in "Camelot" and Dickinson in "1776."

I'd now be a little hoary for Henry in "Becket," but I'd be fine for "Lion in Winter."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 09:02:50 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2005, 09:11:42 AM »

Just wrote a nice long post, clicked post, and the site went down again.  

Anyway, got up at four-thirty, couldn't fall back asleep until seven, got up at eight, found the site was down, wrote an e-mail, went off to meet David Wechter, they apparently got the site up by 8:20 (not that they EVER respond to my e-mails), and it's been working okay until two minutes ago - now it seems to be fine again.

And that is the Reader's Digest version of what I wrote.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2005, 09:12:17 AM »

If anyone else experiences any problems let me know asap.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2005, 09:13:41 AM »

But we seem to be fine.  Of course, we would have had a record morning of posts but for our host.  What sometimes happens (they told me this when they were still communicative) is that we (and other sites they host) occasionally get spammed in HUGE doses from overseas, which play havoc with their servers.

FJL

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2005, 09:16:06 AM »

Back from my adventures in Aventura, Florida.  (Actually my folks live in Miami Beach but we stayed at a hotel in Aventura.) Now that's what I call a mall, and the treacherous battles I witnessed for parking at the mall made for some exciting moments, full of drama and tension, some of which had to be broken up by the security folks who ride around on bicycles especially to handle such conflicts.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2005, 09:18:22 AM »

I've only just been allowed back in...I was in the middle of a post, as well....and POOF!

Cast out like an unexpected watermelon seed.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2005, 09:22:53 AM »

And I have my usual dramas: BONES, HOUSE, and L&O:SVU.
Der B is hooked on the same trio.

He's going to have fun with the recording, tho.  He's planning on recording Felicity, but has to record House for part of that time as I get off work at 9 tonight and he's supposed to pick me up.

We're just lucky Good Eats doesn't run at the same time.  (Next new episode will be on Thursday: "School of Hard Nogs.")
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2005, 09:23:08 AM »

Nothing my parents had described prepared me for how close they were to the hurricane damage down there.  The people in charge of the clean-up were in the process of clearing away the downed trees, and one monster of a tree had fallen within feet of my parents' terrace.  Walking out onto their terrace and the great fallen oak being practically within reach was a frightening sight, but as I've mentioned the only damage they sustained to their physical property itself was the screen on the terrace being bashed in.   I hesitate to call them lucky in such an instance - if they were indeed "lucky" in the purest sense of the word, they wouldn't have been in Florida during the hurricane itself - but clearly, they were very close to the situation having been dangerous for them.  But no one in their complex was actually hurt, despite the many downed trees.

FJL

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2005, 09:24:42 AM »

Congrats, BK, on the teaching position.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2005, 09:25:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: HOARY!
Isn't the Hoary the dance you dance to "Hava Nagila"?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2005, 09:26:35 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Surgery Vibes!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

FJL

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2005, 09:26:57 AM »

Still catching up on the posts from the past several days.

Good health vibes to Vixdad.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2005, 09:27:24 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Teaching Vibes!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

FJL

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2005, 09:28:22 AM »

Woody - The Hoary is, I believe, the dance to "Have a Tequila."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2005, 09:31:47 AM »

The Five Pennies will be released on DVD on December 13!!!

td

• td
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2005, 09:33:47 AM »

TOD:
Arthur in CAMELOT
George in WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOLF?
Michael in I DO! I DO!
Cocky or Sir in THE ROAR OF THE GREASEPAINT
Tommy in BRIGADOON
Finian in FINIAN'S RAINBOW
Cap'n Andy in SHOW BOAT
The Baker in INTO THE WOODS
Sparger in KENNEDY'S CHILDREN (done once; this close to being cast in college).
many of the Charles Ludlum roles including Hedda and Salome.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up