Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S SHOW TIME  (Read 19353 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:IT'S SHOW TIME
« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2005, 08:23:27 PM »

I had never heard of THE DAYDREAMER until just now. Sounds pretty cool. Some Goulet music I don't own, I guess.

Just today I was thinking that every year ABC Family shows some Rankin-Bass show that I never knew existed. Today's was a Pinocchio Christmas one that I never remember seeing. Now THE DAYDREAMERS.

I recorded the MAD MONSTER PARTY? music onto my minidisk for my own enjoyment, as Gale Garnett sings a couple of good tunes.

MBarnum

« Reply #181 on: December 03, 2005, 08:33:31 PM »

I did not realize that Gale Garnett sang on THE MAD MONSTER PARTY! Every now and then she pops up in a guest role on one of the old WB shows like HAWAIIAN EYE or SURFSIDE 6 when she was a young, struggling actress.

I picked up one of her CDs but really only liked about half the songs on it. But the half that I did like, I liked a lot.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2005, 08:34:48 PM »

For those who don't know, THE DAYDREAMER mounts several Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales in stop motion animation with a linking story of the teenaged Hans (played and also voiced by Paul O'Keefe from THE PATTY DUKE SHOW) looking for the Garden of Joy.

And yes, Robert Goulet does sing the title song (and it's pretty).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2005, 08:34:49 PM »

Rodzinski and TPunk would LOVE Ashland! What with all the plays during the summer time and the old buildings and homes and scenery...it is one of the loveliest places around.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2005, 08:35:37 PM »

And now, I think I'm heading downstairs to bed.

Good night, all.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2005, 08:36:49 PM »

Am now watching my KING KONG dvd. I just love this movie! And the picture is so clear! They did a nice job on this one!

But evidently there was no money in the budget for poor Fay Wray to be able to have a bra to wear...the weather must have been a bit nippy in some of those scenes! LOL!

No wonder the Hays code was enacted! :o
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 08:37:34 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2005, 08:38:04 PM »

Well, back to the show!

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2005, 08:59:38 PM »

Thanks for the LACC story link, DRGINNY.

And DRCILLALIZ thanks for the link about Paul's mural.  Your pictures were MUCH better!  That is a beautiful piece of artwork.

Thanks, but I still haven't gotten a photo since it's been finished.  The third floor is pretty cool and was a big deal for him....he's afraid of heights. He was terrified and was a mess every evening when he thought about going back up on the cherry-picker to work on it. But he did it...I am very proud of him for actually getting up there and doing it.  He's working on a mural at a local high school right now and has 2 more outside businesses to paint next year.  

I'm waiting for something very special. My sister gave me 2 really ugly cement cats a couple years ago and Paul is going to paint them as Callie and Nilla.   Well, that's the plan, I've been waiting for almost 2 years now.  He swears I'll have them by Christmas, but I heard that last year, so I'll believe it when I see it  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2005, 09:06:55 PM »

Good health vibes to everyone.

Jason

« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2005, 09:17:57 PM »

DR Danise: Best vibes for your good health. I do hope you'll be feeling better very soon! And thank you for the picture CD!! I'll be sure to pass DR Jose's on to him as soon as he gives me his address. :)

DR Jane: While our giraffes are quite different from one another, I think yours is quite adorable! I'm not sure what I'd name him...I'm horrible at picking names for pets and inanimate objects. ;) I'd call him something cliched like "Stretch," even if he turned out to be female. Actually, if he were female I'd be inclined to call him/her, "Stritch."  :P

Speaking of distinguishing male from female animals...I found out this morning that the tapir on exhibit in the Southeast Asian building at the Bronx Zoo is a very well-endowed male. Poor thing - he had a monkey on his back (literally) when it was apparent that he just wanted some alone time... Haha! Imagine my surprise when I noticed that I had unwittingly snapped a photo while he was displaying his manhood...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 09:20:31 PM by Jason »

Michael

« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2005, 10:00:19 PM »

I understand the film version of Rent will undergo a title change when it plays in The UK, Australia and New Zealand. It will be called "To Let".
Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2005, 10:09:15 PM »

LOL! DR Danise let me also say thanks for the CD!! It sat here all day unopened because I thought it was something from Ebay and I just hadn't checked it yet. Didn't even notice the return label said Danise!

And thanks for the nice card, also! I will look through the photos tomorrow and relive the NY trip!

François de Paris

« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »

I understand the film version of Rent will undergo a title change when it plays in The UK, Australia and New Zealand. It will be called "To Let".

It'll play as TOILETTE when it reaches France! :o

François de Paris

« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2005, 10:19:46 PM »

Good health wishes to anyone with heath problems! Get well soon!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2005, 10:42:06 PM »

Funny, that is what I thought when I saw it on Broadway.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2005, 10:49:12 PM »

GOOD HEALTH VIBES

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]TO DANISE[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]TO RODZINSKI[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]TO JENNIFER[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO NEEDS THEM!
[/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jason

« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2005, 10:52:28 PM »

MTI is supposedly going to release a RENT: SCHOOL EDITION (like they did with LES MISERABLES and the upcoming AIDA SCHOOL EDITION). I suggested they call it SUBLET.

Jason

« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2005, 10:53:18 PM »

And now I'm off to dream of giraffes and monkeys and Greeks and leopards... Bonne nuit!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2005, 11:45:47 PM »

Rodzinski, the title song from Daydreamer, sung by Goulet, is quite lovely...though I find most of the score negligible.  I lobbied hard for Mr. Kimmel to include it in the last Guy Haines album as it is a perfectly lovely song for both his voice and, I think, his spirit.  It's also a song that desperately needs reviving...and by somebody who knows how.  Apparently, it was in the mix for awhile...though it didn't make the cut.   I'm happy to say another song I lobbied hard for, the Gene McDaniels classic, Point of No Return, did make the cut...though I'm not sure I had a damned thing to do with it.

BK, wherever you are, hope your portion of the show went swimmingly.  Hope the whole show did, for that matter, but particularly your portion and that you get all the kudos you so richly deserve.  I suspect you're having a swimmingly terrific time at the afters partay, hobnobbing with the likes of Hugh O' Brian and Mark Hamill and feasting on delicious foodstuffs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2005, 01:30:06 AM »

I'm finallly back from a LOOOOOOOONG show (just as I predicted to everyone earlier this week - no one would listen, but one knew from their sheepish looks after the show that they knew I'd been right).  But, I'll just go tell you all about it in the notes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2005, 02:29:26 AM »

And one for Mahler.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up