Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHOW MUST GO ON AND ON AND ON  (Read 20149 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:THE SHOW MUST GO ON AND ON AND ON
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2005, 06:30:22 PM »

"gas station," SWoody. That was good.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2005, 06:32:58 PM »

That benefit opening sounded excellent, BK. I love that kind of thing, leaving people a little uncertain for a bit, then just springing the entertainment on them.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2005, 06:33:09 PM »

A few years ago, I saw a play called "Hapgood," where the title character (a woman) is the head of a British CIA or something like that. ...
You refer, of course, to the play by Tom Stoppard.  I'm more fond of a later play of his, Arcadia, but Hapgood has lots of good stuff in it.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2005, 06:34:21 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  I leave for the airport at one, and it's now 6:30 in San Francisco, California, USA, and we're not even off page three yet?  This isn't Thanksgiving weekend, you know.

Soup?  I'll give you soup.

Had a nice flight (a little late getting on our way), but the traffic from Oakland to SF was horrifying (the toll place was backed up about five miles).  But, I'm in the hotel now (the Radisson Miyako Hotel in Japantown, which I gather is just a stone's throw from wherever the show is).  It's perfectly pleasant, but I have two twin beds which is disgusting to me.  I made quite a stink about it, but I didn't book the room and they're sold out.  I might be able to change tomorrow, but who wants THAT hassle?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2005, 06:34:26 PM »

My non-curse grab bag features:
Gadzooks and
Dagnabbit

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2005, 06:36:23 PM »

A topic:
What is your favorite made-for-tv cheesy Holiday live-action movie?

I recall a good one with Tim Matheson and Melissa Gilbert a few years ago. They started out hating each other, but he Christmas spirit prevailed.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2005, 06:44:56 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?

You want news??

Earlier today, I ushered for the Harlequin Productions' production of "A Stardust Christmas Carol."  Every year, Harlequin writes their own Christmas musical set in the 1940s about the fictitious Stardust Club and the gang that works and performs there.  It's a new story and usually some new people every year.  I've played Sidney the bartender in several of their earlier installments.  It's also their biggest selling show and has become quite the tradition for a lot of people!

Anyway, the cast is a mixture of local talent and professionals, and several have come down from Seattle!  But what REALLY surprised me is that JESSICA SKERRITT is in the show!!  They even have production photos on their website!  Click on her name for the best picture of her...it was taken during their final dress.  I think her hair color is different now, too. ;) She is quite delightful, has a lovely voice and a real stage presence.

BK, did you ever get a hold of her?  I think you wrote that you e-mailed her but did she ever respond?  I'm ushering again on Saturday, December 17th...do you want me to give her a message?  Or was it that only if she were coming to California would you want to get in contact with her?  Questions abound. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 06:48:32 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2005, 06:45:39 PM »

Bruce, sorry I couldn’t be there for your show.  Safe travels to San Francisco.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2005, 06:46:42 PM »

Getting late, time for din-din.  Poaching a couple of chicken breasts, some noodles as a side, and a salad.  Should be light and easy.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2005, 06:46:44 PM »

BK, I've performed in quite a few benefits (here in Olympia) and sadly, no one in charge has ever cut anything because a show was running too long...which they always do. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2005, 06:48:41 PM »

Great photos George.
Me like Jessica better as space alien, but me a kook.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2005, 06:51:57 PM »

Colts Fever!!
Can the Colts be the official team of HHW?
12-0.

I went to a pub in Times Square to watch the game. There was some loudmouth next to me loudly rooting against the Colts. Not rooting for the Titans, mind you, but AGAINST the Colts. It would have been annoying, but since the Colts were dominating, it was just pathetic. I didn't really have to say a thing to him. 35-3 did the talking.

George

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2005, 06:52:20 PM »

Great photos George.
Me like Jessica better as space alien, but me a kook.

Well, she does have more of her..."talents" on display as the space alien! ;)

versus:

;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2005, 06:53:39 PM »

Well DRMBARNUM - I liked TERROR BENEATH THE SEA very much, however, I could not understand how a man planned (or wanted) to control the entire Earth from underwater - and thought he could accomplish it using men in silver lame' jumpsuits.  But I did like it.

DR RLP - the argument by Mr Irsay (who threatened to take the Colts and go someplace else) was that the current Hoosier Dome (I refuse to call it the RCA Dome) does NOT have enough room for all the corporate suites and expensive seats that he wants to sell (and give to his friends).  To hell with the little guy (read my brothers) whose season ticket price goes up nearly $100 every year.  The Capital Improvement Board (a Good Old Boys Club that spends TAX dollars but is not answerable TO ANYONE and doesn't have to release its board minutes or budget - just SPEND money - including the "temporary" restaurant and entertainment tax that was imposed in Marion County nearly 20 years ago and is still being collected) has complete charge of the Stadium and any profits from it.  It's all money for HAVES and the HAVE NOTS....will still have not.

Hurray for the COLTS.  Go COLTS....and take the PACERS with you.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2005, 06:53:40 PM »

Getting late, time for din-din.  Poaching a couple of chicken breasts, some noodles as a side, and a salad.  Should be light and easy.
See?  Salad, not soup.

Danise

« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2005, 06:54:57 PM »

Glad to hear that the show went good, BK.

Well, it's ten bells here.  I have a shower to get and need to hop into bed.

'night all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2005, 06:55:08 PM »

LOL derBrucer re: politicians.  Ain't it the truth!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2005, 06:55:25 PM »

I can comment no further George, as I am no longer the only person in my household who reads HHW.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2005, 06:55:55 PM »

Hey - them girls fergot to wear their turtleneck sweaters under their costumes.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2005, 06:59:24 PM »

So I can't give you soup tonight.

George

« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2005, 07:05:13 PM »

I can comment no further George, as I am no longer the only person in my household who reads HHW.

:-X

;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2005, 07:05:29 PM »

Der Brucer is watching his "happy shows" again.  Law & Order had a psycho of some sort.  Crossing Jordan will probably have more of the same, only in cadaver form.  Yawners.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2005, 07:10:23 PM »

DR Ron, weren't you impressed with the DTS sound on WAR OF THE WORLDS? Apart from the genuine suspense and astounding visuals, the sound aspect really blew me away. I think that's the deepest bass I've ever heard on a DVD. I don't have a bass meter attached to my equipment, but I have a feeling it was off the scale on the low end.

Yes, the DTS is my favorite feature of all the DVD perks.  I cannot crank up the sound in my condo, though, so I have a feeling I'm not getting nearly the effect you get.

The windows don't rattle during the good parts, and I have a feeling your whole house rattles at various points of a DTS movie presentation.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2005, 07:18:26 PM »

MR BK and Mr HAINES must be rehearsing their one time with the band.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2005, 07:18:57 PM »

Low numbers, but time for bed.

West Coasters.....pick up the slack.

FJL

« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2005, 07:51:34 PM »

One of my favorite audience stories occurred at HAPGOOD.  Apparently, a typical Lincoln Center Theater member walked up to the ticket-taker and said:  "Sir, that sign says gunshots will be heard at this performance.  Why only this performance?"

FJL

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2005, 07:54:58 PM »

While on the subject of Lincoln Center Theater members, a memorable audience moment at their production of THE HEIRESS:  During the blackout between the second and third scenes of the second act, one lady leans over to her friend and explains loudly, "You see, Mildred, she's an heiress."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2005, 08:03:08 PM »

One of my favorite audience stories occurred at HAPGOOD.  Apparently, a typical Lincoln Center Theater member walked up to the ticket-taker and said:  "Sir, that sign says gunshots will be heard at this performance.  Why only this performance?"
Was a critic in the audience?

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2005, 08:06:46 PM »

I sort of understand why der Brucer didn't post this link
earlier.  After all, it doesn't use words like "sugar" or "fudge" or "dillybongers," whatever that means.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 08:09:41 PM by S. Woody White »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2005, 08:08:23 PM »

I started on the Gower Champion book tonight. Eh!

(The section on GIVE A GIRL A BREAK was pretty interesting. I need to pull out Stanley Donen's book and see how the two stories match up.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up