Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLURBS  (Read 28157 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE BLURBS
« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2003, 03:31:20 PM »

JMK is from Portland too.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2003, 03:32:17 PM »

I just lost a post somewere! I have a tendency to read LOL as "Lots Of Love". Thanks TCB. The lyrics (ignored) are by a couple of guys who wrote very successfully for Stage and Screen.

Stage & Screen Magazine?

Stage & Screen Book Club??   ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2003, 03:32:54 PM »

MBarnum. I'll pick you up in Salem on my way through from OZ (that South Western corner of Washington).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2003, 03:33:21 PM »

SWW glad you are feeling better, and that story, which was very well written by the way, was quite frightening! What a horrible experience!  :o

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2003, 03:34:26 PM »

And what about DR MBarnum who also lives in the pacific northwest! Hmmm! Is he not invited??

Michael!  Don't you live in Oregon?  Wouldn't that make you an Oregon resident?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2003, 03:36:44 PM »

Where IS JMK?  Everyone came back - I'm happy.  Panni, of course, is retiring for reasons only known to her.   Ah, well, people come, people go, like Grand Hotel.

Tomovoz

« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2003, 03:37:37 PM »

Successful stage and film musicals. Oscar there somewhere as well. (Not the Grouch!).
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2003, 03:39:40 PM »

See you on the Night Shift everyone.
James Thurber 1957

Andrea

« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2003, 03:41:48 PM »

First Failed attempt at making a Jennifer song: (Keep in mind, my cultural references are probably messed)

I am a Goddess Song

"May I have your attention please?
May I have your attention please?
Will the real Slim Goddess please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Slim Goddess please stand up?
We're gonna have a problem here..

Y'all act like you never seen a musical theatre person before
Jaws all on the floor like Chita, like Liza just burst in the door
and started stealing her show worse than before
they first were on stage, throwin her over the set(Ahh!)
It's the return of the... "Ah, wait, no way, you're kidding,
she didn't just say what I think she did, did she?"
And DR.  BK said... nothing you idiots!
DR. BKs dead, he's locked in my orchastra pit! (Ha-ha!)
Singing Diva's love Jennifer{*vocal turntable:
chigga chigga chigga*} "Slim Goddess, I'm sick of her
Look at her, walkin around flaunting her you-know-what
Kissing the you-know-who,"  "Yeah, but she's so cute though!"
Yeah, I probably got a couple of scores up in my head loose
But no worse, than what's goin on in your average message board.

hehe... I should actually study...

Emily

« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2003, 03:46:57 PM »

LOL ANDREA :d
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jason

« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2003, 03:54:18 PM »

Good eve, everyone.

I'm very frustrated, y'all. You can tell I'm frustrated because I just said "y'all." For some reason, my important pieces of mail don't seem to be arriving. For example, my DVDs from NetFlix STILL have not arrived. One of them is overdue by a week. And I ordered things from Amazon.com on Friday, and they should have arrived by now. I'm truly baffled, and I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps the mailperson or one of my neighbors is helping him/herself to my packages. I'm truly concerned and confused and a little upset about it. Actually, quite upset about it. Who do I contact?

Dangerous situations: I make it a point to avoid danger at all costs, but I guess the scariest thing that's ever happened to me was this: I was 8 years old and we had an above-ground swimming pool in our back yard, and my cousin, grandmother and great aunt were staying with me while my parents were out of town. My cousin ran an extension cord from the kitchen out to the back yard to plug in her radio, and I got out of the pool to use the bathroom or get a snack or something... Anyway, there was a cut in the rubber sheathing on the extension cord, and the exposed wires just happened to be touching the aluminum storm door, which I didn't know, so when I grabbed the door handle, a pretty strong current of electricity ran through my wet little body and my hand clenched up and wouldn't release, so I couldn't let go of the door. A little girl in the neighborhood saw me and went around to get my cousin, who, in her panic, tried to pull me away from the door, but she was wet too and I became a conductor of electricity, so she couldn't let go of me, either. Luckily, my grandmother heard the little girl screaming and opened the kitchen door only to find the two of us being electrocuted. She grabbed a towel and unplugged the extension cord and we were finally able to let go of the door handle. I don't think I ever got in that pool again, and my parents got a new storm door (a plastic one, I think) post-haste.

I got JERRY SPRINGER: THE OPERA on CD today. It's funny, but I'm only through the first few tracks and it's starting to get redundant. I'll let you know what I think once I get all the way through it.

MBarnum: Your package went out today. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2003, 04:21:58 PM »

God, I am a dork sometimes.  Or at least a ditz.  You see I thought I had to work tonight, but I just remembered (only AFTER I got to the school, mind you) that the teacher who I assist on Tuesday nights called off tonight's class, because he figured that no one would bother showing up with the holidays!  Oh well..I got paid today...not too upset!

Jane--WB and thank you so much for the compliment!  :D

Andrea--very cute song!!

Jason--hmm...well once a package I was expecting was late, so I called the UPS people.  You DO need to have a tracking number for your orders though!  I hope you get everything soon!

Here's my attempt at a Goddess song.

You've heard of Woman and heard her roar
Of her virtues sweet and modes'
But next to my riches, she's just poor
Behold, I am a Goddess!

We've won no small degree of fame
Us ladies like Aphrodite;
But we'll set your clothing all aflame
If you dare to call us flighty!

Chorus:
I am a goddess
And not the oddes'
I have a lot of power
I am a goddess
Who wears a bodice
With many a pretty flower

There's Hera and Freya, Kali too
There's Lakshmi and Astarte
Mortals, they don't have a clue,
How we goddesses like to party!

There are goddesses too at HainesHisWay
Goddesses of druggies and tarts
Goddesses of the Musical and the Play
And a Goddess of CYGOPP's heart

Repeat Chorus:

I am a goddess
And not the oddes'
I have a lot of power
I am a goddess
Who wears a bodice
With many a pretty flower

William E. Lurie

« Reply #222 on: November 25, 2003, 04:23:59 PM »

Stage & Screen Book Club (previously The Fireside Theatre) went out of business last summer... after almost 50 years.  However they keep asking for my updated Credit Card information since the one I was using has expired!  I will not give it to them.

Does this count as a Thanksgiving song? "The Big Clown Balloons" from HERE'S LOVE is about the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Jason

« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2003, 04:25:25 PM »

Maya: Unfortunately, these items have been shipped through the US Mail...not UPS. Otherwise I'd know exactly where they were!

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2003, 04:31:15 PM »

:( *Sends fast vibes to Jason's Amazon and Netflix orders*

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

They're pretty vibes too!!  ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2003, 04:32:09 PM »

Maya, I too love your new photo, it's very pretty.  

Glad to have Jane back.  And Jane, you must tell everyone how deliciously delicious your salmon was.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2003, 04:43:23 PM »

Well, well, well (that is three wells), what did my postal person deliver today but a sparkling package from Down Under!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Thank you, Tom from Oz!!![/move]

I hope to give the items a proper listen over the course of the next few days.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2003, 04:48:41 PM »

I'm very logey right now as the afternoon winds down.  Are any of you logey?  Are we having a logey lull?  Can a lull be logey or, conversely, can a logey be lull?  Can one be logey and be low key at the same time?  I don't know, I'm feeling a bit logey right now.  Maybe if we weren't in the middle of a lull I wouldn't feel so logey.  Soon I'll be leaving to go home and then I can feel logey in my home environment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2003, 04:53:06 PM »

Everyone disappeared again.  I, on the other hand, am feeling logey.  Is anyone else feeling logey.  Is anybody there?  Does anybody care.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2003, 04:55:57 PM »

Does anybody see....what I see?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2003, 04:56:38 PM »

Of course we care.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2003, 04:57:59 PM »

Why don't we have a blurb contest this weekend, Mr BK?  We can all write a blurb and the other DR's can try to guess what book we are blurbing!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2003, 04:59:50 PM »

We're on a cusp, that's what it is.

It's a cusp.

It's primetime on the east coast.

It's dinner time in the central plains.

And it's quittin' time here on the left coast.

Must be a cusp!

That's what I'd call it...a cusp or somthin'!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #233 on: November 25, 2003, 05:00:49 PM »

All except JRand.  He's not on a cusp.

He's caught between the moon and Emerald City.

That's where JRand is.

Ain't no cusps there.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #234 on: November 25, 2003, 05:04:13 PM »

So that's what that is.  Ouch!

Danise

« Reply #235 on: November 25, 2003, 05:14:26 PM »

Good evening all!  What a day.  I should have hit that hay harder.  I was dragging from the get go this morning and almost missed the bus.  

I even fell asleep on the ride in.  Something I have never done–going home I’ve fallen asleep several times but this was a first.  The scary part was that what woke me was that I wasn’t breathing.  Laugh if you will but it scared me.  I was seeing black when I first opened my eyes until I managed to take a deep breath.  It gave me a horrible headache that took most of the day to lose.  

The weather didn’t help much for my mood or my head either.  It was overcast all day.

One bright note was that I got a free T-shirt at an agricultural fair they had in Court House Square at lunch.   I managed to get the 2nd to last free shirt and a co-worker got the last one. Yay!  We also got to sample lots of goodies.  Fresh orange juice, milk, tomatoes, some stir fry and pumpkin pie to name a few.

They even had a fake cow that you could milk but I thought it was utterly ridiculous and didn’t try it.

Congrats to Juliana! Break a leg, an arm or whatever it takes but knock’em dead!  Wish I could be there to see it.

Equal Congrats to BK for the blubs on the new book.  I see I  have some catching up to do.  I have twelve  books in my stack waiting to be read but as soon as that goes down a bit, I will have to start with your first book and work my way up.

Wow, look at those Karma points.  Thank you.  I really didn’t say what I did to get more Karma.  I was only answering the question from the other day.  I’m still catching up.

As far as danger goes, humm.  Nothing recent that’s for sure.  Growing up I had plenty of times being thrown from a horse and we had a travel trailer overturn on a trip one time.  After it was over it was kind of funny because the ketchup in the fridge had hit the door and was dripping out the door.  The cops thought someone was in there and pried the door open to look.  

As far as “Guests/lurkers” go.  Sometimes that’s me.  I forget to log in, I just start reading the posts and writing what I want to reply in WordPerfect as I read them.  

I know people that are to shy to post on a board, any board.  That’s why I try to say “Hello” to them and acknowledge that they are there.  

I do have to say that in chat, if someone enters the room with a name you don’t know, if they aren’t hurting anything, I think it’s best to say hello and leave them alone.  They might be trying to figure out the controls or shy but want to sit and watch for awhile before joining in on the fun.  You notice I hardly said two words at first but I think I’m getting better.  I’m starting to get used to the controls and the speed of the board.  Anyway, even if it is an interloper, if he/she isn’t doing anything or saying anything wrong, I don’t see the harm.    Better that then to scare a shy person away.  Anyway, that’s just IMHO err In My Humble Opinion.

Whew!  I FINELY got caught up on all the posts and notes!  It’s been a postin’ kinda day!  If I can ever get time, I do want to work with my Photoshop program so I can post some pictures!

Lastly, I would also like to say how very, very glad I am that despite the various dangers (some of which gave me the chills to read), that you all managed to survive them and are here with us now.

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #236 on: November 25, 2003, 05:24:30 PM »

I care, I care, I care.  (Oh, a Follies reference.)
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #237 on: November 25, 2003, 05:33:50 PM »

I'm not lurking, I promise!  I just spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Swishy Sarah, and forgot to log out!  We had a very fun conversation!  She is quite delightful to talk to.

BK--thanks so much for the compliment!   :D  I am quite flattered.

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #238 on: November 25, 2003, 05:39:58 PM »

Woo-hoo!  Just noticed the promotion!  Full Member no more...I have entered the big leagues...and only 250 to go til Goddessdom.

Emily

« Reply #239 on: November 25, 2003, 05:45:00 PM »

I came home from school today only to find that my parents had bought a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts and am now repeating over and over again:

"I WILL NOT EAT A KK DONUT!  JARED NEVER EATS KK!  JARED ONLY EATS SUBWAY!"

I decided to eat an apple to assuage (is that a word? Noel? :) ) my donut hunger but of course an apple is an apple and not a donut.  I hope my stomach can't tell the difference and will stop its KK craving.

A KK donut has 10 grams of fat.  A 12 inch Végé-délice sandwich from Subway (no cheese) has less than 2.  

"I WILL NOT EAT A KK DONUT!  JARED NEVER EATS KK!"

I am going to go eat another apple.  :'(
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up