Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLURBS  (Read 27755 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE BLURBS
« Reply #330 on: November 25, 2003, 10:42:10 PM »

I have no idea why I took that picture... but...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #331 on: November 25, 2003, 10:46:45 PM »

Well done Jose. At least I know where, when and what!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #332 on: November 25, 2003, 10:48:14 PM »

This was not in my backyard. We Washintonians are housetrained. (at least the one ones in Oz county are anyway)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #333 on: November 25, 2003, 11:11:23 PM »

Whar'd everybody go?  I just took a wonderfully long hot shower and I feel excellent and relaxed as can be.

Jed

« Reply #334 on: November 25, 2003, 11:39:23 PM »

My goodness, it certainly does take a long time to read all the posts after being E&T for all of the day.  Of course, it would have been quicker if I hadn't also been paying quasi-attention to the TV and fixing some dinner at the same time.

Ann: 5-page paper!  I scoff at 5-page papers!
Ann: 20-page papers before!  I scoff at 20-page papers!
Swishy: 30-page paper!  I scoff at 30-page papers!

Why do I do all this scoffing?  Because of the 76-page paper I wrote for my Script Analysis class!

Danger?  I typically avoid danger, so I have no exciting stories to tell.  Best I can offer is doing a 360 across the other lane and finding myself on the opposite shoulder last winter.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #335 on: November 25, 2003, 11:40:10 PM »

Such a lull! At least I have been busy feeding myself and then trying to post a photo that was actually taken in the last few weeks - the Real me for a change!
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #336 on: November 25, 2003, 11:42:46 PM »

Jane, so nice to see you back, safe and sound, at least for the day.

That is something we could shoot for next spring when the weather starts to improve -- A Washington / Oregon HHW Gathering in Portland.  Jed, Ann, George, and I (oh, and Tom from Oz) could come south and the Oregon folks could come north.  I love Portland in the spring.  Well, actually, I love Portland anytime!

Woohoo!  Count me in!  Another Portland lover here.

And, yes, MBarnum, this most certainly includes you, as well as Jane, JMK, and Dennis Clancy (if he's still around these parts), as "the Oregon folks" TCB mentioned!

Tomovoz

« Reply #337 on: November 25, 2003, 11:43:58 PM »

Isn't going to Leavenworth exciting enough for you Jed - and the tension of waiting for that early morning phone call. What more could you ask of life? Who needs danger anyway? What do you think of TCB's Spring in Portland proposal? I am going to try and make it for 2005 re-run.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #338 on: November 25, 2003, 11:44:52 PM »

Posts that cross in cyberspace!
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #339 on: November 25, 2003, 11:49:56 PM »

Isn't going to Leavenworth exciting enough for you Jed
Leavenworth is a charming little place, but hardly what I'd call exciting.  Even less so after having lived there.

- and the tension of waiting for that early morning phone call.
Ha!  Thanks for that laugh! :D

What do you think of TCB's Spring in Portland proposal? I am going to try and make it for 2005 re-run.
Wonderful!  You do realize we're going to hold you to that now, right? :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #340 on: November 25, 2003, 11:54:55 PM »

Colin and I will be in France in October 2004. We considered visiting the NW but now have decided we would rather visit properly rather than a brief three day stop over or such. May thus be a quick NY visit as we don't have to bother with sight seeing - theatre and Hainsies only.  We are thinking of flying to Vancouver and then heading South. By that stage (2005) our flights to the West Coast from Oz will be FREE.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #341 on: November 25, 2003, 11:57:18 PM »

By the way, Jose's interesting photograph is taken about 5 minutes drive from here. I hope he has more than that to remember kangaroos by!
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up