Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT'S MY SEGUE?  (Read 20091 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:WHAT'S MY SEGUE?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2005, 09:01:00 AM »

Jennifer stay home and rest, don't mess with a sore throat.  If you like black licorice, it might help soothe your throat.  It worked for me with my cold and mild sore throat.  I like Panda natural licorice.  

Jose, good work vibes.

Jennifer

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2005, 09:34:27 AM »

DR Jane, I've been resting and just doing crafts all morning.  The thing is my throat doesn't hurt during the day. It didn't hurt yesterday during they day and doesn't hurt now.  

Jennifer

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2005, 09:36:51 AM »

DR MattH, I love the Princess Diaries movies.  I'll be curious to see if you like #2.  I would think there would be way too much teen girly stuff for most men.  But I love it!

Btw, just watched Veronica Mars.  Weird how they only announced which ending won at the end of the show.

Also, do you feel like you need a PhD just to follow some of the happenings.  There are so many confusing twists and turns, that I find myself having to think things through just to keep everything straight.

And I love the big shocking twists at the end of each episode.

Jed

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2005, 10:32:53 AM »

Happy birthday, Ginny!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2005, 10:33:22 AM »

Where the heck IS everybody???

Tomovoz

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2005, 10:42:46 AM »

Everyone else?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2005, 10:54:29 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Lovely long sleep, but my throat is so trashed from coughing yesterday I can barely produce any sound out of it.   I'll have some nice hot emergenC and C if that helps.  In the meantime, where in tarnation IS everyone?  You'd think it was a Sunday or something.

I see I've finally come up with a topic that no one wants to touch with a ten foot Pole or even a five foot Czech.  Feel free to make your own topics.

Jane

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2005, 11:20:44 AM »

DR Jane, I've been resting and just doing crafts all morning.  The thing is my throat doesn't hurt during the day. It didn't hurt yesterday during they day and doesn't hurt now.  

Then I will give you the same advice I gave Bruce, sleep propped up on pillows.  It might help your throat as well as a cough.  It just keeps everything from draining to undesirable places.    

Jane

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2005, 11:27:00 AM »

I found an interesting recipe at http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/001620homemade_ginger_ale.php .  Has anyone ever made ginger ale?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2005, 11:35:15 AM »

Just me and Jane in the jernt.  You'd think it was a Sunday or something, what with 38 posts at 11:30.  We're celebratin' a birthday here - most unseemly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2005, 12:28:07 PM »

Oh, okay - no posts in over an hour, I'm the only one in the jernt and forty posts at 12:30.  That's worse than phlegm.

Well, I'm not going to sit here and do a monologue.

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2005, 12:50:30 PM »

Hey for those who watch SURVIVOR, don't forget tonight is the 3 hour season finale.

I'm curious who you guys want to win? (especially DR MBarnum who always comes up with some sappy person :)  ).  Hey, hopefully you do not want Lydia!

I want Rafe to win. Next up would by Lydia.

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2005, 12:58:25 PM »

Hey, Happy, Happy Birthday DR Ginny!!!!

I am glad that you and JRand55 had an opportunity to meet! Both of you are swell DRs in my book!

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2005, 01:09:03 PM »

Sunday greetings and thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes.  We were at the Indiana State Museum at 11am for our timed entry into the Lord of the Rings exhibit, which was quite interesting even to me - not so much of a LOTR fan.  We spent a couple of hours in the exhibit, had lunch in the museum cafe, and shopped in the gift shops there and at the Eiteljorg Museum next door.  The museums are a nice walk away from our hotel along the canal - it's pretty cold, but very refreshing.  We're relaxing in our room now, having hot chocolate, before proceeding out later for the steak dinner I've requested.  
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2005, 01:11:05 PM »

...and we must be back from dinner by 8pm EST to see the West Wing wedding!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2005, 01:17:28 PM »

Had a nice afternoon thus far with two movies. First up was THE PRINCESS DIARIES 2, and, yes, I was definitely not the target audience for this movie. I'm sure preteen girls loved it, and for the young at heart (DR Jennifer, that's you), it could also be fun. Even I found parts of it fun and even sweetly, innocently romantic.

I wanted to see it, of course, because there was much publicity at the time of its release about Julie Andrews doing a small amount of singing in the film. She starts talking the song, and I sort of despaired that she'd be able to find any kind of pitch, but lo and behold, she did sing. Very low and very soft, but she stayed on pitch, and it gave me a warm feeling to hear Julie once again in song. No, the soaring soprano is a thing of the past, but we have her films and recordings for the Julie of old, but we also know now that in small doses, she can take to song just fine.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2005, 01:19:54 PM »

I next pulled up off the DVR the brilliant 1940 fantasy THE THIEF OF BAGHDAD. I have resisted watching this movie again for the last thirty years or so because every copy of it I've ever seen was a dark, murky public domain disaster.

I don't know which print TCM got its hands on, but it is astonishingly bright, clear, sharp, GORGEOUS. What a joy to see this wonderful movie looking so new and wonderful again!

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2005, 01:23:07 PM »

Since I'm not watching SURVIVOR, and I don't watch EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION (expanded to two hours tonight so there wouldn't need to be a DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES rerun), I will be watching some DVDs until 10 when a new CROSSING JORDAN comes on tonight.

Haven't picked out which movie it will be yet.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2005, 02:12:31 PM »

We're not a talky bunch today, I guess. Quite a long spell since I last posted.

I'm headed down now to do some chores and then to watch more films.

WBBL.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2005, 02:28:47 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday to you[/move]

[move=lright,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday to you [/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday dear Ginny[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday to YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU![/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]and maaaaaany moooooooooore!!!!!!![/move] [/size]
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2005, 02:29:53 PM »

Gosh! 5:18  PM EST and I start post 49?  Dear me, that machine of BK's is gonna geta workout today!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 02:34:05 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2005, 02:33:14 PM »

My exciting day so far

Church, Sunday School, Grocery Shopping, lunch making, kitchen cleaning, laundry, more Christmas card writing, delivering the Vixter to her  "last ditch rehearsal', discvoering a rear flat tire, getting the Vixdad to pump up said tire, making tea for Vixdad, more laundry, catching up with this here site   and now I am off to see the Vixter's Youth Group's Christmas play and concert....

Laters!!!

Jed

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2005, 02:38:50 PM »

Ann is singing in a concert, and I'm watching football.  A good Sunday for everybody around here. :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2005, 02:40:13 PM »

It is most unseemly for a Monday - where indeed is everyone today?  I logged on at about 5.00am local time and then three hours later to see only a couple more posts and now post 50 has just been reached.. Trouble will not only be in River City.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2005, 02:55:59 PM »

I'm back from the movies and I've just emailed my semi-complete draft of the BABES IN TOYLAND Editorial commentary to everyone on the project for their feedback.   I still the critical commentary on each musical number to write, but I've finished an Intro, History, Commentary on Score and Libretto, Listing of all sources used, Editorial Method, and Acknowledgements.  I'm hoping my colleagues will tell me where it's vague, redundant, poorly spelled and poorly worded.

As for BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, I have nothing to say beyond how emotionally wrenching it is by its very understatement and beauty.  I can't think of any symbol for innocence, hope, and love more potent than Brokeback Mountain since Kane's Rosebud.  It's quite a haunting film.

DRTPunk, I wish I'd invited you to come with us.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2005, 03:12:26 PM »

Oy and vey.  Where in tarnation IS everyone?  We most certainly will achieve a new all-time low today unless we get some major frenzies goin' on.

I suppose I shall have to see Brokeback Mountain - if I enjoy it it will be the first Ang Lee film I like.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2005, 03:13:53 PM »

I'm trying to watch a DVD entitled Teorema, a film of Pasolini.  I'm fifteen minutes in and I have thus far hated every single second of what's on view.  I keep trying to watch Pasolini films, trying to understand why they're critically accepted, but I have yet to see one that I don't find amateurish and awful.

Jennifer

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2005, 03:44:03 PM »

re: Survivor

I want Rafe to win. Next up would by Lydia.

Oh DR MBarnum you always crack me up!

I thought you would have liked Danni actually since she has played so honestly.

I am a bit surprised that your fav is Rafe, since he has acted sweet, yet backstabbed all his alliance. I find him very odd.  Because he acts so completely nice. Yet he has almost singlehandedly screwed everyone who was supposed to trust him (cindy, judd, jamie...).

And I will freak if Lydia wins. She has done nothing thus far!

Jennifer

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2005, 03:44:50 PM »

DR Jane, I've either been sleeping with four pillows. Or else I've just propped my pillows up against my pouffy bed chair.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2005, 04:13:24 PM »

My easy excuse for not posting is that I've been at work.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up