Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: I FEEL A SPIEL COMING ON  (Read 21090 times)

Tomovoz

Re:I FEEL A SPIEL COMING ON
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2005, 03:21:31 PM »

Blonde's Year in Review:

January - Took new scarf back to store because it was too tight.

February - Fired from pharmacy job for failing to print labels....."duh".....bottles won't fit in typewriter!!!

March - Got excited.....finished jigsaw puzzle in 6 months.....box said "2-4 years!"

April - Trapped on escalator for hours.....power went out!!!

May - Tried to make Kool-Aid.....8 cups of water won't fit into those little packets!!!

June - Tried to go water skiing.....couldn't find a lake with a slope.

July - Lost breast stroke swimming competition.....learned later, other swimmers cheated, they used their arms!!!

August - Got locked out of car in rain storm.....car swamped, because top was down.

September - The capital of California is "C".....isn't it???

October - Hate M &M's.....they are so hard to peel.

November - Baked turkey for 6 1/2 days.....instructions said 1 hour per kilo, and I weigh..... none of your business.

December - Couldn't call 911....."duh".....there's no "eleven" button on the phone!!!

What a year!!

Have a wonderful day!

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2005, 03:22:25 PM »

DR Tomovoz - ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2005, 03:29:29 PM »

Topic of Yesterday....

The aforementioned duet from Bizet's "The Pearl Fishers".  *I remember in college, the two "leading" vocal majors combined forces for their graduation recital.  And they ended with the duet.  There was not a dry eye in the house after they finished.

Those three art song duets by Gabriel Faure - the titles escape me.  *On the recording of the Complete Songs by Gerard Souzay and Elly Ameling, Ms. Ameling does the women's duets with herself. :)

"I Know Him So Well" - Chess
"What Would I Do?"- Falsettos
"Lily's Eyes" - The Secret Garden
"It's Never That Easy/I've Been Here Before" - Closer Than Ever
"What Could Be Better Than That", "Two People in Love", "With You"... - Well, heck, any of the duets from Baby.

etc., etc., etc...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2005, 03:31:51 PM »

Topic of Today...

I think it was our second Christmas together when Steve gave me a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, Cobalt Blue.  He had hinted heavily that he was gonna get me one - since he was afraid I was going to buy one for myself - but it was still a wonderful surprise to find that under the tree that year.

Otherwise, my MOST favorite Christmas Gift - well, actually, Christmas Eve Gift - was/is my niece, Alexandra.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2005, 03:32:38 PM »

DR JMK - Low Cholesterol Vibes To You!

*Fish oil, flax seeds, flax seed oil, almonds, etc...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2005, 03:33:11 PM »

DR PennyO - So, if you move to Hawaii, who gets the cabin in Washington State?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2005, 03:34:02 PM »

DR Jason - Glad to know you liked "The Joy Luck Club".  Was it the bawl-fest I had built it up to be?

;)

...And do you think it could work as a musical?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2005, 03:37:15 PM »

Off for a couple of hours of Information Waitressing.  Maybe I'll have the opportunity to use World Book!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2005, 03:39:28 PM »

DR Jennifer - Sometimes post-nasal drip just has to drip.  Yes, it's ugly, but it's just your sinus passage emptying themselves out.  And depending what is actually causing your post-nasal drip, some medications may actually end up making it worse - depending whether it's caused by an allergy, cold, virus, etc.  Otherwise...

Feel Better Vibes To You!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2005, 03:40:12 PM »

Well, time to get ready for tonight's show... -Let's hope tomorrow will be the last Day Rehearsal before we open on Thursday.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2005, 03:43:49 PM »

I'm more than half-way through Five Pennies.  Very sharp transfer, and the color is lovely save for the too-pasty beige skin tones, which aren't Technicolorish enough.  A minor annoyance, however. since this film has always looked like poop on video.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2005, 04:34:38 PM »

No posts in close to an hour, and yet at least five people have been sitting there like so much fish.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2005, 04:36:30 PM »

I'm writing a book!  

TOPIC OF THE DAY:  My two most memorable Christmas gifts were trips:

The first was in December of 1995 when I went with a local community theater group on a trip to NEW YORK!  I saw five shows in seven days (Sunset Blvd. with Betty Buckley, Victor/Victoria with Julie, Robeson with Avery Brooks, Beauty and the Beast and Swinging On a Star).  I was in the audience for "Regis and [then] Kathy Lee" (Kathy Lee was on vacation, so it was Regis and his wife Joy).  I also went to the Stonewall (it was closed, of course, but I got a picture of the front) and sang at Eighty-Eight's Piano bar (I guess that's now closed, too).  When I was there, I was served by and got an autograph from Terry White!

I also (sadly) went to Colony Records before I got to Footlight.  I paid too much for everything, but I got the London cast recordings of Children of Eden (before anyone else here had ever heard of it) and 1776!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2005, 04:37:47 PM »

My other most memorable Christmas gift/trip was in December 2001, a trip to London!  My niece and sister and I went (the prices were very low) specifically so that my niece could see her very favorite singing group STEPS in concert.  They're a British group whose gimmick is to have simple choreography so that all of their fans can dance along with them...and they did!  They never really made it big in the US, but my niece got their CDs from England and fell in love with them.  We saw them twice in two days (in the same venue).

We also went to Kew Gardens and walked around London quite a bit.  We took a couple of walking tours and both times our tour guide was this guy named Tom who was very nice.  We went to the Tower of London and on our own, we walked along Fleet Street to where Sweeney Todd's tonsorial parlour was supposed to be!  We also stayed in a hotel a block from South Lambeth (almost a Me and My Girl reference!).  We went into this church that had a section the back where most people can't go.  It held a big book with names of all the Americans who died in England during World War II.  Because we were Americans, one of the nuns let us go back and see it.  It was quite impressive and very moving.

We saw the first two acts of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with Brendan Fraser (very nice to look at ;)), Frances O'Connor and Ned Beatty as Big Daddy.  I can't remember why we had to leave, but we did.  On other nights, we saw Starlight Express (which was going to close in January 2002) and Kiss Me, Kate with the WSMA (that's the "World's Sexiest Man Alive" in HHW lingo ;D) Brent Barrett, Marin Mazzie, Michael Berresse and Nancy Anderson.  I got pictures and autographs (but not of Brent...he hadn't left the theater by the time I had to leave.  Dammit :'( ).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 04:39:40 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2005, 04:43:49 PM »

When my credit cards are paid off (in just a few months!!), I really want to go back to both places...just by myself!  I should be able to save up some money fairly quickly with what I was paying on my cards.  I don't know if I actually will be able to save up some money quickly ;), but that's the plan.

Danise

« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2005, 05:29:52 PM »

Evening all!  It's been COLD here in the land of sunshine but we're making it.

I have that Vontage phone service and tried to call home like I always do at lunch time.  I kept being sent to voice mail.

I worried that something was wrong.  When I finely got home, it turned out that Mom had blown the breakers and since she can't see very well, she managed to turn most everything in the house off.  That included the phone and most important, the HEAT!

Funny that tonight of all nights my boss and I were going to go to the beauty salon to get our hair cut.  I didn't feel like going and with no way to get in touch with Mom, I told her (my boss) that I just wanted to go home tonight.  I'm so glad I did!!

Mom is fine, BTW.  She just wrapped herself in a blanket until I got home.  

I have decided that I have GOT to get my Mom a cell phone.  I've just finished a web search and have decided that a Fire Fly (a kids phone) will be perfect for her.  No numbers, just two buttons that I can program with my work and cell phone numbers.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 05:34:45 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2005, 05:39:06 PM »

Favorite Christmas gift.  Gee, I had so many.  I'll be the first to admit that I was a spoiled little brat when I was growing up.  Many of the toys you guys have already named I had.  

I think my Johnny and Jane West doll collection with all of the horses and such were one of my favorites.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2005, 05:40:02 PM »

...Woody, as I completely expected, is up for everything because for the first time in his career he is courting the press like crazy.
Disclaimer: I have never courted the press, like crazy or otherwise.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2005, 05:46:04 PM »

Danise I'm sure you were spoiled without being a brat.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2005, 05:55:47 PM »

Danise is there nothing like the Firefly in an adult sized phone?

Danise

« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2005, 05:59:29 PM »

Danise I'm sure you were spoiled without being a brat.

Thanks Jane but I wouldn't be to sure of that!   :D

VixMom, when/if you post anything about that fish oil, I would love to hear about it.  That's one of the meds I'm on (well sort of--I haven't taken any of my meds for over a week).  

I'm bad, I know.  I ran out and just haven't bother filling any of them.  The thyroid, the BP or the cholesterol.    

Good cholesterol vibes to JMK!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2005, 06:00:36 PM »

Danise is there nothing like the Firefly in an adult sized phone?

If there is, I couldn't find it.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2005, 06:10:25 PM »

Firefly - one of my favorite Cy Coleman songs:

I call her firefly,
'Cause oh my, she radiates moonglow
Wants none of that noon glow

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2005, 06:10:47 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,

SIR THOMAS OF OZ!!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2005, 06:10:57 PM »

I shall now be on my way to rehearsal.  Keep the home fries burning until my returning.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2005, 06:11:18 PM »

Dansie call and get those prescriptions filled NOW!

Tomovoz

« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2005, 06:21:34 PM »

Thank you DR TCB. Indeed it has been December 14th for over 13 hours here.
The astute readers will have noticed the change in my profile comment to mark the occasion.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2005, 06:24:40 PM »

For those who like to know.
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2005, 06:25:16 PM »

TCB you beat me to it. ;D  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMOVOZ!!  

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2005, 06:25:39 PM »

The cake was for last Sunday's "family" celebration.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up