Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FEELING THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT  (Read 51094 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:FEELING THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2005, 10:47:37 AM »

Here is our very own Vinnie with our very own masseuse, Marina.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2005, 10:49:17 AM »

Many guests had already departed by the time I remembered to photograph.  Here's Sam Lembeck, his ever-lovin' Natalie, and Rachel.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2005, 10:52:29 AM »

Here's Adryan Russ, Dale, and Deutsch.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2005, 10:53:07 AM »

Point of Order....ordered.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2005, 10:57:12 AM »

Here's The Silver Fox, PennyO, and Panni.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2005, 11:09:51 AM »

What great pictures!!

And red cups and plates!!!

DR PENNYO looks fabulous as does former DRPANNI!  What a great outfit PANNI is wearing!

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2005, 11:19:49 AM »

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays everyone!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2005, 11:25:56 AM »

Good morning, all!  Merry Christmas to you all!

I slept late this morning, and I am about to open all my cards and packages.  The first thing I opened this morning was my email from DR MichaelShayne, who's been a computer wizard once again:

http://www.larrymooremusic.com/

I wish you all a fantatic day and that 2006 is kind and generous to each and every one of you.

That's wonderful!!  Congratulations Larry and great job Michael! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2005, 11:28:13 AM »

What did I get for the holidays this year?

Well one of my favorites was getting to listen to my sister's 5 yr old nephew sing me the songs from his Christmas concert.  It was too cute.

I didn't get most of my gifts so far (since Chanukah hasn't started).  But since I picked them out and know what they are I will list them: Pink fuzzy boots, jean jacket with trim, fancy teal jacket with brown and teal belt, guess ring/earring/necklace set, AND FOR DR RONP I will be getting my very own grill pan!

I also got a very nice diamonelle bezel set stainless steel ring which I am totally in love with.

And I brought over my 3 month old niece her gifts today. And she opened two books from me.  One is "i love to shop" and the other is "my great aunt phibian". :)

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2005, 11:29:38 AM »

I forget if I mentioned this, but we had Christmas eve at my aunt's last night. And she hurt her foot so she could not cook. So she ordered in. IT was an amazing feast. So delicious.  We had shrimp wontons and sushi, and tons of chinese food. I was so full when I left. But it was totally delicious!

François de Paris

« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2005, 11:56:36 AM »

Yes! Great pictures, and DR PennyO -- I'd say... the FOXY Silver Fox!! -- looks ravishing indeed with her new hair... and it's so nice to see Panni again!
Ex DR.... even though I believe she still reads this site!

Gifts: got some cash and lots of cards, some cds from Kimlet friends and from myself (Myself tends to be generous with me! LOL!) and books too....

DR Barnum; I love the car you got. Is HE the driver that came with it ? So good he can't afford a shirt!

GREAT site for DR Elmore... I'm discovering NEW recordings I did not know about!

A happy day to all!

George

« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2005, 11:57:50 AM »

We opened all our gifts last night at my parents' house.  I got two shirts (one white, one light blue) and a towel and wash cloth set from my parents, a DVD of Tom Cruise's "The War of the Worlds" (now I have three different movie versions of this...I still want to get the fouth movie ;)) from my niece, and a collapsable organizer from my aunt (who is a nun and gives unusual gifts...but it's the thought that counts! ;D).

I also got cash from my sister (yea!), a $50 cash card from her boyfriend (yea!) and a check from my parents (yea!), as well as a check from the people whose house and cat I'm sitting (yea!).  It was a little more than their usual average, so that's very good (yea!).

I don't remember everything that was given, but I gave my sister "The Complete Calvin and Hobbes."  C&H was her absolute favorite comic strip and she's very happy!  My sister, her boyfriend and I all went in together and bought my parents a new computer!  There's was so slow!  They have cable Internet access and it was useless because the computer wasn't fast enough to handle it.  Now it is!  I got my niece a CD and DVD from England that she wanted.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François de Paris

« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2005, 11:58:43 AM »

DR Barnum:

A "driver" like that must drive you "crazy" no?

François de Paris

« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2005, 12:00:41 PM »

We opened all our gifts last night at my parents' house.  I got two shirts (one white, one light blue) ...

You might want to offer one to MBarnum's driver... and check if it fits!! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2005, 12:02:23 PM »

What great pictures!!

And red cups and plates!!!

DR PENNYO looks fabulous as does former DRPANNI!  What a great outfit PANNI is wearing!

I'msure if you'd check the... garters, you'd find they were red too!

George

« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2005, 12:02:51 PM »

You might want to offer one to MBarnum's driver... and check if it fits!! :D

Umm...I don't think so.  He's fine, just the way he is! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2005, 12:11:42 PM »

Umm...I don't think so.  He's fine, just the way he is! ;)

I was just trying to make it easy for you to approach him! ;D

It was a -- as we say here -- prétexte! ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2005, 12:12:17 PM »

I'msure if you'd check the... garters, you'd find they were red too!

LOL  ;D .... we will never know for sure!  :-[

DR td...congratulations on your new job!  You know of course that working that shift is a LOT like being in a Fellini movie....you will see many strange and wonderful things!   8)

George

« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2005, 12:12:33 PM »

Well, I have to leave (and I just got here!)...I must shower and get myself over to my sister's for brunch.  The whole family is coming over.

Have a good day, all! ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2005, 12:23:12 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I'm all worked out and sweated out.  -Is "sweated" a word?  If not, well, it is now.  Now I'm just trying to figure out if tomorrow will indeed be my day off from my workout, or whether or I'll just work out straight through to the New Year.  -And I'm also wondering if I'll actually "avoid" the scale tomorrow too, and just weigh myself in 2006.  We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2005, 12:26:51 PM »

In other news...

While having my post-workout meal/breakfast/lunch, I went through the Washington Post reading a couple of articles as well as checking out some of the sale flyers.  I'm actually sort of tempted to head out tomorrow and brave the crowds.  However, Nordstrom's Half-Yearly Men's Sale starts tomorrow too, so I can take advantage of that later in the week, and I noticed that Rockport is having a nice sale this week too.  Papa needs some new shoes.  There was also a "Buy One (at regular price), Get One at 50% Off" coupon for Border's, so... <snip>  -I'm gonna try to cut out the one from my brother's paper when I head over there in a few hours for Christmas dinner.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2005, 12:33:12 PM »

And Today's Style Invitational had some fun winning entries:

Report From Week 638

In which we asked for ideas for holiday movies or TV specials that would counter their usual sappy themes:

4 "A Cockroach Christmas": Ernest the bug tries desperately to find a morsel of food, but the house has been sterilized by the germ-obsessed lady of the house, and his family can't even celebrate Christmas because they're getting exterminated. (Sasha Lamb, Washington)

3 "Bill Nye's Physics Phun With Santa": The Science Guy disintegrates the Santa myth as he uses a blowtorch and a hot dog to demonstrate reindeer thermodynamics at the speeds needed for Kriss Kringle to stay on schedule. (Kevin Dopart, Washington)

2 "Holy Guacamole": When they decide they've seen a miraculously appearing Nativity scene in a bowl of mashed avocado, the Hernandez family learns how to make a little extra Christmas green. (Lawrence McGuire, Waldorf)

1 "Apocalypse Noel": Captain Benjamin Willard dog-sleds deep into Yukon Territory to assassinate deranged Colonel Nicholas Klaus, who has appointed himself Santa to a devoted Inuit tribe. (P.H. Stevenson, Scottsville, Va.)

-Although, I also liked some of the Honorable Mentions:

"Mr. Potter's Revenge": George Bailey watches as an interstate is built past Bedford Falls, the industries move out of town, the residents move to the suburbs, his savings and loan is accused of redlining, and finally a Wal-Mart is built on the outskirts of town and decimates what remains of the central business district. (Christopher P. Larsen, Portland, Ore.)

"The 87% Solution": Holiday classics improved with having the ending cut off. The box set includes the Grinch leaving with all the loot; Frosty melted; and George Bailey ready to jump off the bridge. (Kevin Dopart)

"Kathie Lee Gifford's Desert Island Christmas": Tom Shales gives this special his highest recommendation, as Kathie Lee is stranded with the "Survivor" cast and they kill her for meat. (John Johnston)

"The Bipolar Express": A young boy finds that the exhilaration of candy canes and sugar plums can come crashing down in disappointment and loneliness. (Peter Metrinko, Chantilly)

"The Love Yule Never Know": Originally made as a tender, open-minded love story, but when PBS rejected it the show went to Fox as a no-holds-barred expos of the relationship between Santa and the third elf from the left. (Bill Spencer, Exeter, N.H.)

"Two Eyes Made Out of Coal": A snowman waits, lonely, despondent, in an empty field, knowing that a warm front is on the way. (Michelle Stupak, Ellicott City)

"Elf-B.I.": Agents go undercover at the North Pole to hack into Santa's naughty/nice database as part of their stepped-up surveillance of the citizenry. They see you when you're sleeping, they know when you're awake . . . (Brendan Beary)

-And my personal favorite entry of the bunch:

"Gift of the Magnificent Seven": Yul Brynner sells his hair to buy a holster for Robert Vaughn's gun while Robert Vaughn sells his gun to buy a comb for Yul Brynner. (Chuck Smith, Woodbridge)

;D

Washington Post Style Invitational

Merry Christmas!!!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 12:34:28 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2005, 12:34:58 PM »

BK - Great Partay Pics!  And Penny looks FABOO!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2005, 12:36:46 PM »

DR td - Congrats on the upcoming gainful employment!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2005, 12:40:30 PM »

So... After spending a couple of years in Richmond, I have to wonder what DR SWW will be serving his ham on... White House Rolls?  Beaten Biscuits?  Wonder Bread?  Parker House Rolls?

;)

...And there better be some Duke's Mayo on the side.  And just Duke's!  Well, Sauer's will do in a pinch too.

-Although, I do like cornichons with my ham biscuits from time to time.   ...And maybe some butter too.  Salted, of course.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2005, 12:41:18 PM »

And then alternate a ham biscuit with a biscuit spread with pimento cheese and/or a sausage ball (love the Bisquick!).

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2005, 12:43:09 PM »

Had a very nice sleep, and am feeling very garlicky this fine and beautiful morning.

Just remember to wash your pillow cases!
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2005, 12:52:14 PM »

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

We’re having a Honey Baked Ham and Sweet Potatoes for dinner.  

As for Christmas gifts, I bought myself a new DVD recorder/player.  As soon as I feel up to it, I will hook it up to the TV.  

If I can get it up and running I will burn the part of the Today show from Oct 5th where Ginny, Cillaliz and I made our first national appearance.  I never erased it from TIVO.  I’m just torn as to if I should tape the entire 3 hours or just the one segment.  

Should anyone want a copy, just let me know and also if you want the whole 3 hours or just the one part.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2005, 01:02:44 PM »

I started my afternoon finishing AND THEN THERE WERE NONE from last night. Yep, the killer was exactly who it has been the last twenty or so times I've watched this movie. My familiarity didn't spoil its entertainment value on bit.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Danise

« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2005, 01:05:16 PM »

We've watched WHITE CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS VACATION, A CHRISTMAS STORY and now BELLS OF ST MARYS.

Tonight, after dinner, we shall watch CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up