Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: A BEAN BURRITO GONE AWRY  (Read 44622 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:A BEAN BURRITO GONE AWRY
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2005, 08:22:40 PM »

I also watched the MEDIUM rerun tonight. Again, it was an episode from last season, the one which introduced the hunky and appealing Detective Scanlon to the show.

I did not remember that Allison's and his first case was punctuated by a very adversarial relationship! Again, it's great getting reintroduced to these aspects of the show even when one has seen the episodes in question.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2005, 08:26:41 PM »

Page 5 Lucy un-PETA Dance!!!        ::)

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2005, 08:34:43 PM »

Guess I'll head down now for bed. I actually have lunch plans with a friend tomorrow so things look to be getting back to a bit more like normal, at least until the weekend.

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2005, 08:35:17 PM »

Oh, forgot to say, "Good night."

Good night, everyone!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2005, 08:46:53 PM »

DR Laura and DR Tomovoz - Thanks so much for the info on that quote.  

I trotted it out during the Hannukah celebration at my brother's tonight and everybody seemed to enjoy the sentiment.

Every now and again there's a worthwhile tidbit on the internet. Glad your family liked it.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2005, 09:40:11 PM »

You know, every night I see our darling Ann on here, and every night I wait to see her post, and she hasn't posted in a 'coon's age.  What gives, dear Ann?

Tomovoz

« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2005, 09:46:04 PM »

Thanks for the thanks DR FJL.  I tried but actually found nothing! De Bortoli Wines in Australia uses the quote in a wine advertisment on radio here.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2005, 09:56:55 PM »

In the holiday spirit, there hasn't been so much talk of nudity on the New York stage in a long time as has been spurred on by Johnny Galecki's brief briefless scene in THE LITTLE DOG LAUGHED by Douglas Carter Beane at Second Stage.  The scene is said by some whose opinion I respect to really take the audience out of the play and say oh boy, look at Johnny Galecki's [whatever word they might use].  Heard good things about the guy's acting, and hope he doesn't get overshadowed by his own nude scene.   But the nude scene seems to be selling tickets, albeit at discounts.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 10:00:03 PM by FJL »

Tomovoz

« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2005, 10:29:46 PM »

Nudity on stage - never really understood the fuss. It certainly wasn't  that interesting in "Hair" and "Oh Calcutta".  "Elephant Man" used it for good purpose.
You can hardlt count "The Full Monty".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2005, 10:30:28 PM »

Not that that was particularly meaningful as a comment but this one will make it seem so.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: December 26, 2005, 10:31:03 PM »

Well at least there will be 130 posts !!
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: December 26, 2005, 10:32:14 PM »

Ann left AGAIN without posting.  Perhaps dear reader Jed can explain it some fine day, that is if he ever shows up again.  Me no understand, kemosabe.

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2005, 10:33:55 PM »

I thought DR Jose was here somewhere to help with a flurry.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2005, 10:34:52 PM »

I was hoping that someone else had since "The Little Prince".  Was it George who mentioned the Opera some time ago?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2005, 10:36:09 PM »

Earlier I mentioned not being a Gene Wilder fan . I think I enjoyed his performance as a fox . It's been a long time since I saw the film.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2005, 10:40:15 PM »

Maybe DR Jed has gone back across the mountains for Christmas.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2005, 10:41:55 PM »

It's certainly a sign of the times that so few of us have seen anywhere near 10 movies this year. I like to avoid the smell of popcorn.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2005, 10:45:22 PM »

Word of the day was Semaphore a few days back - I'm still trying to keep the flag flying.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2005, 10:54:36 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from "The Producers".  I liked it.  And so did my friend, Andy, and everyone else in the theatre.

It's a good movie, not a great movie, and it could have been handled better by someone with some actual film experience.  Yes, the movie is sort of "flat", which didn't bother me too much, BUT when it came to some of the more fantastical sequences, well...  -I was really hoping that "That Face" would have opened up for the big screen.  I also had a quibble with what was "real" and what was "real".  Some of the exteriors were actual exteriors, and others were most definitely on a soundstage - and were made to look like a soundstage.  -Or at least very minimal effort was made to make the soundstage stuff look more real.

And I did stay until the very end.  Actually, Andy and I were the only ones left in the theatre by that time.  I wanted to scream at everyone, "Sit down!  It's not over yet!"

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2005, 11:00:04 PM »

...And the true highlight of seeing "The Producers" was seeing soooo many people that I've worked with, played for and/or am currently working with up on that screen.

And I guess I did blink when Brad Oscar was on screen - although, I think his face was obscured most of the time.  But I did recognize his voice.  -He's the cabbie in the "You Can Do It" sequence.

And it was great seeing Meg Gillentine as one of the usherettes - the brunette - as well as one of the showgirls.

And it was nice to see that the whole "Springtime for Hitler" sequence was basically just the real stage version.  -Although, I did miss the "joke" with the mannequin storm troopers.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2005, 11:01:36 PM »

...And when the cast listing started rolling... It was basically Tara Rubin's filing cabinet!

;D

-And I do have to give credit and kudos to Stro for using so many Broadway Babies in the movie.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2005, 11:02:50 PM »

...And I had to make sure that my friend, Andy, knew of John Barrowman's other "talent".

:o

8)

::)

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2005, 11:03:17 PM »

Was that enough of a flurry?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #143 on: December 26, 2005, 11:05:56 PM »

Before heading to the movies, I made a stop at Target.  It was surprisingly not crazy-busy.  I stocked back up on my vitamins and supplements - I've found that the whole Fish Oil and Flax Oil regime really works for me.  And I also bought a Balance Ball.  I've been looking for something to help me stretch out my lower back, and this should help.  -Yes, the Fitness Bug has officially hit me.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2005, 11:15:40 PM »

And then I headed over to Andy's house so that we could head out for dinner.  Alas, we had to walk his sister's dog, Susie, before heading on down the road.  Susie is an Australian Rhodesian Ridgeback.  Andy's sister has a couple of them, and she "shows" them off from time to time.  And since Andy's sister headed out of town for the week, Susie is staying with him.  One of Susie's relatives, Kamau, stays with Andy regularly.  -Beautiful dogs.  In any case...

Andy had originally wanted to drive Susie over to his sister's house so that Susie could do her "thing".  Andy thinks that Susie feels more "comfortable" over there.  Well, I just said we should walk her around his neighborhood.  I even took the leash.

Well, we walked down the street.  Around the corner.  Nothing.  Andy was about to suggest that we go ahead and head back to his place and get in the car, but then... TADA!  She started to her "thing", and then she did her "other thing".  Good girl.

-I just kept telling Andy that if he keeps thinking that Susie will not do her thing, well, then she won't.  But if you encourage her, believe in her.... The power of positive thinking.

It really was kind of funny.  Kind of... Dontcha think?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2005, 11:17:59 PM »

Ohhh...

And sitting on Andy's kitchen table was a box of chocolates.  From Petrossian.  Paris.  His father orders them regularly.   I had no idea Petrossian made chocolates.  I only knew of their caviar trade.  Well...  I had two.

Very good chocolates.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2005, 11:43:20 PM »

I have eaten so much left-over candy and fudge and dessert today I am completely and thoroughly nauseated.  I'll probably turn into one big zit tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2005, 11:43:37 PM »

One Big Zit - that's the title of my next novel.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2005, 12:05:12 AM »

My goodness, it hasn't happened in quite some time, but the Merry Searchers returned today, and man, were they searching merrily.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up