Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: TURKEY LURKEY TIME  (Read 20750 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TURKEY LURKEY TIME
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2003, 10:04:19 PM »

Hey, it's too early for everyone to be gone.  And not nearly enough food descriptions.  And no Bakalor - I think the girls of HHW need to get on him about this, really I do.

I had a wonderful evening at the Jones's.  We had turkey, and stuffing, and gravy - and delicious rolls with lots of butter, and some homeade cranberries that I totally could not stop eating, plus waldorf salad plus pumpkin pie with whipped cream.   The amazing thing is that for once I didn't eat myself silly.  I was a very good boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2003, 10:06:22 PM »

Ah, five people showed up as I was posting - but what's even more amazing is that there are ten guests perusing this board.

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2003, 10:28:06 PM »

We illegitimate children of the world do not like to be described with "coarse" words. We are the innocent.
That is my text for the week. No I was not offended Jay.
I am always interested to read criticisms of American accents in musicals used on stage in other countries. Australian accents are usually done so badly by American and British actors. Meryl Steep came close with her NZ/OZ mix which was indeed appropriate for the character in "Evil Angels" (or whatever the film was called). I wonder if most American viewers can really tell if a so called "Yorkshire" accent is in fact closer to one from Manchester or Lancastrian rather than the regional one it is supposed to be! It all depends upon who is listening to what where I guess. Are Australian accents ??? used by the Oz characters in "The Boy From OZ"? Now what was the point I was trying to make?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2003, 10:30:14 PM »

Well, gee, Bruce,  in this lull, I guess I could tell you about my latest Christmas decor addition.  It's an 18" Bing Crosby dressed in a Santa suit which when a certain button is pressed plays four songs by Der Bingle himself.  Bing moves his hand holding the microphone and his jaw moves up and down, more or less in time with the music.  It's silly and great.  I picked it up in a post-Christmas sale last year at Penney's for a mere $9.99.  It originally retailed for 40 bucks.  Swell at any price!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2003, 10:32:32 PM »

That is a lovely Christmas decoration, unlike this unlovely Thanksgiving lull.  I'm going to watch a bit more of Tales of Hoffman and I do hope when I return there'll be some more excellent posts.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2003, 10:37:44 PM »

Dinner at my parents' house was nice (me not liking turkey, and all) but the pumpkin cheesecake that I bought was pretty good.  We played "Phase 10" (a real fun card game) and it took less than three hours!  So, I'm now home, full and watching "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on the Oxygen channel.  

I taped (most of) both the NBC and CBS broadcasts of The Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and was I'm pretty sure that I got all the Broadway show scenes that they showed!  The WSMA (World's Sexiest Man Alive in HHW lingo), Mr. Brent Barrett, sang "All I Care About Is Love" from Chicago!  The only thing that I missed was Harvey's Edna/Mrs. Gay Santa Claus song.  Darn!  :'(  
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 10:42:13 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #156 on: November 27, 2003, 10:58:08 PM »

Just got off the phone with DR MattH...we started talking at 7 p.m.  

We laughed and laughed and laughed.  Nothing is more fun than when two southern boys get to jawing about stuff.

Talking to him makes me homesick.

Anyway...I'm still feeling stuffed with smoked turkey.  And there's so much more left....only a partial corpse sitting in the pan on the stove.  Guess I'd better wrap that bad boy up and get him into the refrigerator.

I truly hope everyone who observed Thanksgiving had a good day and good food and good company.  I know I have, even though my company was online here and on the telephone.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2003, 11:07:02 PM »

More hot posts, more hot posts.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up