Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TURKEY LURKEY TIME  (Read 20924 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TURKEY LURKEY TIME
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2003, 02:49:28 PM »

Emily, darling, tell the Sultan he is behaving like a poop.  A poop, I say, and I say it snarkily.

I am thankful to have all you wonderful Hainsies/Kimlets out there in the dark - a finer group of people there aren't.

Emily

« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2003, 02:54:26 PM »

BK - Bakalor Effendi is still showing an away message.  I think he is in hiding :)

JENNIFER I HAVE BIG NEWS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000TB01Y/702-8755482-9094442

Believe me... you will like this (especially if you still have that gift certificate lying around :) )
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2003, 02:58:07 PM »

Well, keep on it, Em, for we must have him respond and return, not necessarily in that order.  By the way (BTW, in Internet lingo) he always has his "away" message on, so don't let that fool you.  Also, his e-mail address is at the top of the page.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2003, 03:02:55 PM »

Sorry, I have not time to stay and post, however:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ONE AND ALL!

and TGIF

to our delightful curmudgeon to the far south, Ozzie.

Have a good day.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 03:03:51 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2003, 03:09:15 PM »

Andrea, Emily, you must tell the Sultan he's behaving poorly and must return to the fold before evil befalls him on this Thanksgiving Day.

Are you all having a warm and toasty day, so far?  I went to a local record store and found a used copy of Barbra's Movie Album about which more tomorrow.

I do hope we have some guest posts from Thanksgiving guests tonight - that would be uniquely unique.

Tomovoz

« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2003, 03:11:57 PM »

If only I understood internet acronyms! Have a beautiul day TCB. See you back here soon - and SAFELY.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2003, 03:18:34 PM »

It is always so confusing when an acronym starts with my own initials. Tom Guest's impoverished funds is so much more likely to be used (or in fact not used because they are not there) than Thank God It's Friday. I did think of a few other suggestions but remembered that it is a family friendly site.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Emily

« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2003, 03:19:02 PM »

BK - why don't you just phone Mark and find out what the situation is?

You both live in LA so it won't even be long distance! :D
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2003, 03:21:25 PM »

Because he won't pick up the phone, that's why.  I'm sure he's off at some Thanksgiving function, so e-mail him and tell him to STOP and smell the roses and to come back where he belongs.  I've already apologized for being mistaken (even though I WAS joking - snarky, snarky, snarky) so to stay away is malarky in my book (Chapter Three - Staying Away is Malarky).

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2003, 03:24:10 PM »

TGIF = Thank God It's Friday (where you are!)

TFDWTISTGH == This four-day weekend took its sweet time getting here.

If Buffy Ann Summers were to appear on a Christmas special, would she sing a "slaying" song tonight?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 03:26:10 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2003, 03:34:19 PM »

BOTBIAHOS Ron. I need time to recover from a loud GROAN.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2003, 03:34:20 PM »

Back from my Thanksgiving dinner where I ate and drank far too much but don't care. However, it am having to find some things to do around the house to keep my eyes open with all that grand food and drink, and topped off with luscious pecan pie. Makes my teeth hurt just thinking how sweet and good it was (with fresh whipped cream on top). Those guys know how to cook a marvelous Thanksgiving meal.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 03:35:28 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Danise

« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2003, 04:00:24 PM »

Hey all.  I hope you had a WONDERFUL day!   Mine was GREAT!

I watched some Babylon 5, played some vid games, played with my Photoshop program, took the dogs for a walk, ate some turkey and relaxed!  Whew, I'm tired from doing all of that! ::)

I hope all of you have an equally nice day.

Danise
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2003, 04:04:12 PM »

So the lovely wife Julieanne and I have finished decorating the wrought-iron Christmas tree to the traditional (to us) strains of the best of Gene Pitney (don't ask) and SHE LOVES ME.  I also threw in some Jerry Butler because Only The Strong Survive the Holiday season.  We also imbibed two bottles of champagne (yes, we nibbled and noshed in between so we're only slightly swozzled, not disgustingly blotto).  Julieanne is now preparing (which was greatly prepared last night) the Thanksgiving feast.   God bless her, she has made me deviled eggs.  I love deviled eggs!  We will also be sampling a Beaujolais Nouveau wine with the feast.   Afterwards, if we are not too sleepy or too full or too drunk, we will hie ourselves to a  major motion picture, probably at the Arclight.

The tree looks spectacular!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2003, 04:18:34 PM »

My smoked turkey tastes just wonderful!

I'm only picking...haven't put together a whole meal....sweet potatoes are cooked and will end up in a souffle when I get around to it.

I may open the cranberry sauce tonight...just for fun.

I'm so full from a couple of slices of turkey...and feeling quite naplike, too.

God bless tryptophan...

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2003, 04:19:29 PM »

Called home...just as everyone had sat down for dinner.  Made a few quick comments, passed along greetings that I'd see all in a few weeks, and that ended my "family" Thanksgiving.

And, yes, it was a sufficiency for now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2003, 04:19:40 PM »

We must have meal reports all the livelong night.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2003, 04:20:02 PM »

MattH:  We can wait til 7 PST or you can call at any time.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2003, 04:21:54 PM »

François:  Merry Thanksgiving!  Happy Jeudi!

And a tip of the hat to the French for all their help in making it possible for the United States to become a nation and giving us something else to be thankful for!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2003, 04:24:49 PM »

Oh!  And a special thank you to ComCast Cable for their Thanksgiving suprise:  When I turned on my TV today, I discovered severe ghosting and distortion on all the "local" channels, rendering parades and football unwatchable, which is a blessing of sorts...but one would rather have what one pays for -- clear pictures.    

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2003, 04:31:01 PM »

Jennifer:  Did you notice that John "swore on his grandmother's" something or other at one point last night during their wheeling/dealing over who to vote out?   Sandra gave him a VERY strange look....and it was that point that I thought everything was going to come out.  After all, here's a guy who supposedly just lost his grandmother...and now he's swearing on her (?) life (?) that he's being sincere/truthful.

The power of editing....!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 04:33:14 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2003, 04:39:44 PM »

BK - Bakalor Effendi is still showing an away message.  I think he is in hiding :)

JENNIFER I HAVE BIG NEWS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000TB01Y/702-8755482-9094442

Believe me... you will like this (especially if you still have that gift certificate lying around :) )

Ah merci. I was just thinking of checking again. I wonder if we order now, if it will still take 3-5 weeks. I'm not too happy about those delay times.

I'm not sure if you pay for your amazon stuff with visa. But for amazon.ca (canada) if you use the code mapcanadadec you get $5 off if you use your visa card (they send these offers in the mail with your visa statement).

You can't combine this unfortunately with the other promo code they sent.

So did you order yours yet?

I have not used my other promo coupon. But I will now. Yeah!

Jennifer

« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2003, 04:43:32 PM »

Jennifer:  Did you notice that John "swore on his grandmother's" something or other at one point last night during their wheeling/dealing over who to vote out?   Sandra gave him a VERY strange look....and it was that point that I thought everything was going to come out.  After all, here's a guy who supposedly just lost his grandmother...and now he's swearing on her (?) life (?) that he's being sincere/truthful.

Actually I believe that swearing on his granny's grave was the reason that Sandra agreed to trust him.

The lie didn't seem to have many benefits at the time. But I think it saved Burton's butt.

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2003, 04:44:24 PM »

DR Emily did you also noticed that amazon.ca also finally added Avenue Q.

Jennifer

« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2003, 04:47:11 PM »

DR Emily: Okay this is bizarre. Did you check the waiting time for Boy from Oz. Last week it said like 4 to 6 weeks. Now today it says "24 hours".  Why is amazon.ca so crazy????

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2003, 04:49:01 PM »

Can't you guys order from Amazon.com (U.S.?)  I'm asking because the price is good, and they have 2-day shipping (although I don't know if UPS or FedEx works across the border).  I know that "Wicked" is going to be available Dec. 16th, and I've pre-ordered it for delivery by Dec. 18.  Time will, of course, tell whether that works out.

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »

Do you know I misread this the first time.  He swore on his granny's GRAVE. It was pretty funny too.

My sis called right after the vote and she was like, "why did sandra believe him?" and i said, "well he swore on granny's grave".  He basically said that doing that was serious and he would never lie if he swore on granny.

Oy.

Emily

« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2003, 05:10:53 PM »

Ron - if we bought the cd from amazon.com it will cost us $25.50 CDN including shipping and handling (international rates apply)

If we buy it from amazon.ca it will cost $22 CDN including shipping and handling and with our handy dandy discount.

Without the discount it would be better for us to use amazon.com.  It would mean being less patriotic though :)

Jennifer: I didn't know about that visa code.  Thanks for the info :D  

Jennifer

« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2003, 05:13:37 PM »

Can't you guys order from Amazon.com (U.S.?)  I'm asking because the price is good, and they have 2-day shipping (although I don't know if UPS or FedEx works across the border).  I know that "Wicked" is going to be available Dec. 16th, and I've pre-ordered it for delivery by Dec. 18.  Time will, of course, tell whether that works out.

Yes we can order for amazon.com.  But the shipping is VERY expensive (really ridiculous, probably like $6 US for one cd).  Amazon.com has free shipping over $25, but only if you live in the US. Amazon canada has the same free shipping (if you buy $39). So the shipping really saves us a lot of money.

Also, DR Emily and I have found a way to work around this, but normally if you buy from the US, we get charged lovely taxes, which is incredibly annoying.

If amazon.com gave us free shipping, then I would definitely order from there.  I'm not sure how much Wicked is at amazon.com. But it's 20.99Cdn.

Jennifer

« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2003, 05:16:15 PM »

Ha Emily we both responded at the same time. Are you sure about those prices? I always find shipping charges CRAZY when I order from amazon.com. And it drives me nuts.  They should give us free shipping too. Just make the amount you need to purchase higher.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up