Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: FIRMLY ENSCONCED  (Read 94794 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:FIRMLY ENSCONCED
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2006, 08:27:46 PM »

Well, the Trio cable channel is no more, and my cable company lost no time sticking the new channel "Sleuth" into the spot on the dial. So, far I've seen them showing episodes of THE 'A' TEAM, MIAMI VICE, and the remake of DRAGNET from a couple of seasons ago.

But I was hoping for COLUMBO, THE SNOOP SISTERS, ELLERY QUEEN. I guess those shows are TOO old.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2006, 08:31:49 PM »

Page Seven Lucy and Ethel Convertible Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2006, 08:40:22 PM »

I guess I'll be heading down to bed now.

Good night, everyone!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2006, 08:48:18 PM »

I watched some varied things on TV and DVD tonight.

First up was the Bob Fosse biography recorded from, what else, the Biography Channel. A fairly cursory look at his life and career, and once he won the triple crown of director awards in 1973, they zoomed through the remaining 13 years of his life in less than 10 minutes. That meant a lot of really fine work - like directing LENNY on film - didn't even get mentioned. And even though ALL THAT JAZZ did get mentioned, its Cannes Palme d'Or wasn't mentioned. STAR 80 never got mentioned either.

Not a very satisfying biography when all was said and done.

They obviously needed a better archivist.    8)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2006, 09:39:24 PM »

I came home from dinner at my parents' and watched "Surface" and am now watching "Las Vegas" (guilty pleasure).  Next will be "Medium."  Then well be bed, since I have to go to work in the morning and I don't want to start off the new year by coming in late.  So, there. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2006, 10:10:12 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... What a day this has been...  Of course, I'm not really sure what type of day this day has been...

::)

I'm actually sleepy right now, which is a good thing.  I need to get to bed, and I need sleep.  And, most importantly, I need to get up and out of bed before 9:00.  -Preferably at 8:00.  All my little projects kick in tomorrow, and I'll need the extra waking hours to make sure they're accomplished without having to rush through them (since I slept through most of the day).

But before I go...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2006, 10:10:17 PM »

Re: the BARRA MACNEILS cds/dvds you might be able to find them cheaper at amazon.ca.  Not sure.

Thanks.  I hadn't thought about amazon.ca.  I searched, but their Christmas album is no longer available through amazon.ca and their DVD wasn't even listed.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2006, 10:12:27 PM »

When I was out earlier, I noticed the signs indicating the HOV regulations on I-66 read as follows:

NO HOV
MON-02-2006

-I mean, I understood it, but...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2006, 10:14:29 PM »

And... well, that's all for me today...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2006, 10:26:01 PM »

OH!

And as one of my computer-savvy brothers just reminded me via an e-mail...

Be VERY careful opening up suspicious looking e-mails this week... Especially on January 5.  The latest variant of the "SOBER" virus is due to strike, and cause major amounts of havoc.  Beware, in particular, of e-mails supposedly coming from the IRS and FBI.

It will mainly affect Windows-based computers, but Macs could be affected indirectly due to the amount of spam e-mails generated by the virus and causing logjams on the WWW.

So, if you haven't scanned your computer lately for viruses, now would be a good time.  And if you don't have an anti-virus program, get one.

*Just Google "sober computer virus" for more info.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2006, 10:44:22 PM »

Back from an interesting rehearsal.  Act one played very well indeed, albeit with too low an energy level and some fumfers.  We had our stage manager and the ASM there, and that gave a nice energy to the room.  The second act was a big, giant turd, and we have a LOT of work to do.  The staging is fine, but no one is doing well at this point, and they need to get the lines down better, and then start understanding what my notes mean.  I gave very long and very detailed notes tonight, so hopefully they'll make a difference tomorrow night.  We also hadn't run the second act in six days, so I'm sure that had something to do with it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up