Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OPENING NIGHT 2: NIGHT AND DAY  (Read 20841 times)

FJL

Re:OPENING NIGHT 2: NIGHT AND DAY
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2006, 07:54:58 AM »

Hmmm...The See's Chocolate diet.  Like the old seafood diet - I see food, I eat it.  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2006, 07:55:29 AM »

Topic of the Day...

-Meeting Richard Sherman at the opening party of What If? last summer.

-Dishing with Larry Blank - who has another interview up on another website - and Christine Baranski after a performance of Sweeney Todd at the Kennedy Center.

-And, actually, a lot of those post-show gatherings at the Watergate Brasserie were usually quite "informative" and "colorful".  -I'm still amazed we didn't get kicked out after some company members did body shots on the bar.  ;)

And...  Well, I'm still waking up, and I need to hop in the shower and take care of some other stuff before heading in for the matinee... And I have to remember to stop for gas on the way in too... And... And...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2006, 08:12:05 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful day here and should be a bit warmer than yesterday with temps in the mid-50s. It was VERY cold still when I went out this morning to the ATM and grocery store.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2006, 08:28:25 AM »

I really enjoyed meeting and talking with Tony Kushner at the opening night party when Charlotte Rep premiered ANGELS IN AMERICA here about 10 years ago. Because of the controversy surrounding the show which led to the Arts & Science Council in the city removing the Rep from its list of grantees, Tony came down to lend his support for the fund raising that was going on to keep the Rep in the black. Worked great only to go down in flames with bad leadership a few years later.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2006, 08:29:33 AM »

Thanks to DRs George and Jennifer for information about the end of this week's IN JUSTICE. Yes, that guilty party did seem to come out of the blue.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2006, 08:30:43 AM »

Really looking forward to the two hour season premiere of '24' tonight which means the poor DVR will be on overtime recording DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, COLD CASE, and L&O:CI during the same two hour time period.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2006, 08:33:50 AM »

No, Jennifer, I have never watched CLOSE TO HOME. Its original time period was Tuesday at 10 when I was already watching several other shows (including RESCUE ME and now THE SHIELD on F/X, QUEER EYE on Bravo, and SVU on NBC and even occasionally BOSTON LOGAL on ABC).

Even though it's moved now, I just haven't gotten in the habit of watching. I'm glad it's doing well in its new time period, and it looks like it and GHOST WHISPERER make a very compatible two hour Friday night block for CBS. But I think I watch enough procedurals for the moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2006, 08:35:06 AM »

Hmm... The See's Chocolate Diet.  Sounds good to me!

;D

It works for me all the time.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2006, 08:35:29 AM »

I still have Wednesday night's CSI: NY to watch from the DVR and I'll probably go back and rewatch one or two of the long programs from last night's skating: Kimmie Meisner's and Sasha Cohen's more than likely.

Then, on to a DVD before this long battery of TV shows this evening.

Jane

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2006, 08:36:42 AM »

Jason welcome back.  I’m sorry I just missed you.

Elmore-LOL we were only 20 minutes sorry, at which time we turned BROTHERS GRIMM off.  The advantages of a DVD.  

Rodzinsky how can something with beer in it taste like a milkshake!

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2006, 08:38:26 AM »

Time to start prepping lunch.

WBBL.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2006, 08:40:05 AM »

It is beautiful here this morning having snowed during the night.  Now if it will only melt off the driveway before we have to shovel.  Thank goodness our driveway was repaired on Wednesday or it might have collapsed with the rain and snow we have been having.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2006, 08:43:37 AM »

Bruce congratulations on last night’s show and may today’s matinee be just as wonderful.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 08:44:57 AM by Jane »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2006, 09:43:50 AM »

Well, the new GOLDEN APPLE vocal score is finally corrected, up-to-date, and ready for the printer.  The new vocal-choral book needs a teensy bit of work and it, too, will be fine.  On Tuesday, I'll go to Tams-Witmark and make fixes in the masters of the orchestra parts, and I can consider this turkey frozen.  Now I have to win ther lottery to pay for a complete recording of this amazing show.

Shortly I leave to meet DR TPunk, whom I'm taking for her birthday to the movies.  I come back for an hour and head out for a date with my goddaughter.  Such a day!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2006, 09:47:38 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Well, the LA weathermen have done it again - one of the biggest storms turned out to be rain for an hour yesterday.  Today, the sun is shining, the skies are blue, and the storm was a figment of their collective imaginations.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2006, 09:51:09 AM »

When I was doing Forget-Me-Not Lane at the Taper, we always had incredible people backstage - I met Groucho, Steve Allen and Jayne Meadows, Christopher Isherwood and Don Bachardy, Elsa Lanchester (the latter three people I saw many times over the next year, as I brunched regularly at Elsa's beach house, which was next door to the Isherwood/Bachardy house), Ray Bradbury, Julie Harris, and many, many others.

I loved meeting Rosemary Harris when I went backstage to see Crista Moore - I almost convinced her to sing Send In The Clowns on the Sondheim album.  Marian Seldes was a treat, too.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2006, 09:55:10 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Well, the LA weathermen have done it again - one of the biggest storms turned out to be rain for an hour yesterday.  Today, the sun is shining, the skies are blue, and the storm was a figment of their collective imaginations.

I always get a kick out of the weathermen in ND... They claim for days and days about a huge storm and we get snow flurries.....

BTW: Continued broken leg vibes to you and the cast for today's premiere!!  
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2006, 09:58:02 AM »

One of the most entertaining after-show party was one that my alma mater had after they premiered the musical Grease....

It was a hoot watching one of the US Senators from MN and the mayor of Moorhead doing the Shag to a 50s tune in a three-piece suit.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2006, 09:58:27 AM »

Thanks to Elmore, I enjoyed meeting the luminous Rebecca Luker after DARLING OF THE DAY.

TPunk is on her way, Elmore, and now I shall go into a Colts football trance.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2006, 10:01:01 AM »

Jason welcome back.  I’m sorry I just missed you.

Elmore-LOL we were only 20 minutes sorry, at which time we turned BROTHERS GRIMM off.  The advantages of a DVD.  

Rodzinsky how can something with beer in it taste like a milkshake!

Jane, I was wondering the same thing what what Rodzinski said.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 10:07:22 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2006, 10:03:58 AM »

It works for me all the time.

DR Jane, any diet that has chocolate is good!! Chocolate is a food group!

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2006, 10:19:08 AM »

Sunday greetings!  Today is full of packing and other NYC preparations.  Here's a flash:

Last night I cancelled the hotel reservations I had made months ago...

...but only after DH Richard had made a new one at a much lower rate for the same accommodations, same number of nights, same hotel.  Go figure.  What that tells me is to keep checking online until the last possible moment.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2006, 10:24:50 AM »

And the word of the day is: DELIRIOUS!
Delirious been replaced by de Euro.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2006, 10:39:08 AM »

Fletcher sends his thanks to all for the vibes.  His ear looks much better than it did this time yesterday - the vet did a marvelous job of stitching it back together.  Right now, he's sleeping on an old bean-bag chair right behind where I'm sitting, one of his favorite places
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2006, 11:00:39 AM »

Might I just ask where in tarnation IS everyone?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2006, 11:37:32 AM »

I'm here, taking a break from cleaning, cooking and watching a repeat on ESPN of the Ladies' Figure Skating short program competition.

Now Cooking:  In my crockpot is a chicken-and-garlic stew.

In my pressure cooker is a pork loin roast which I am going to pull apart for BBQ purposes.

In my washing machine:  Sheets.

It's a glorious day here in the Bay Area...crisp and fresh...makes one glad to be alive!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 11:37:57 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2006, 11:45:24 AM »

Might I just ask where in tarnation IS everyone?

Been busy working on some genealogy research for a freind whose sight is impaired....

I may have to call for Francois's help. I am having trouble with a word and after I translated it does not make sense but when I go with a different tense it does. It is a letter a person got from relatives back in the 1880s from the Breton region.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2006, 11:50:49 AM »

I'm here, taking a break from cleaning, cooking and watching a repeat on ESPN of the Ladies' Figure Skating short program competition.

Now Cooking:  In my crockpot is a chicken-and-garlic stew.

In my pressure cooker is a pork loin roast which I am going to pull apart for BBQ purposes.

In my washing machine:  Sheets.

It's a glorious day here in the Bay Area...crisp and fresh...makes one glad to be alive!!!

Sounds good Ron!

I just pulled out some chicken breasts to thaw for supper. I have a recipe I want to try called Apricot Chicken breasts.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2006, 12:22:07 PM »

I shall now be on my way to the theater.  Pray for Rosemary's Baby.

FJL

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2006, 01:01:06 PM »

Hey, didn't Rosemary's Baby take place in the Dakota?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up