Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OUTRE  (Read 23283 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:OUTRE
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2006, 08:43:33 AM »

Romantic songs for me:

"Smoke Gets in Your Eyes," "Unchained Melody," "Goin' Out of My Head."
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2006, 08:46:10 AM »

Page Two Mowgli and Baloo Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2006, 08:47:59 AM »

I won't knock that Rise Stevens/LADY IN THE DARK album. For years, it was the only near-complete version of the score, so I became rather fond of it. Of course, with the Maria Friedman version available, it's rather obsolete now.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2006, 08:51:23 AM »

A GOLDEN BOY question:

I never got the original Sammy Davis Jr. version with his strained vocals. My LP (and of course the CD) contains his redone recordings on four numbers.

Is his voice really raw and unlistenable on the original cuts? I can hear some of the raspiness in some group numbers that are still on the released CD version (and on the LP I still have), but were his solos really THAT bad or did the rawness give some depth to his character rather than being that of a crooner trying to play a serious role?

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 08:52:33 AM »

I'm asking because I almost bought what looked like the original GOLDEN BOY LP off Ebay last night but decided against it.

Still can't believe Broadway Angel didn't include those original vocals as bonus tracks when they released the CD.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2006, 08:54:12 AM »

There were four people here when I arrived and now I'm all alone.

Hey, I did use deodorant this morning!

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2006, 09:03:15 AM »

Guess I'll head down now and start prepping lunch.

WBBL.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2006, 09:11:14 AM »

Good morning all.
Not sure if I ever got around to sharing this, but my hardrive died a painful death last week.  After getting a new one installed in my laptop (thank you, dad) I'm now attempting to rebuild my life on here.  All of my important files and hundreds of pictures are gone and can't be replaced.  But because I had all my music on my ipod, I can theoretically transfer all of it back on to the computer.  If done wrong, however, it will delete all the files off of the ipod.  But I've got to try...so here goes.

To all Oregon HHW folk, if you hear cries of anguish and pain from the north, don't worry, it'll just be me mourning the loss of 1000 song files, should I do this wrong.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2006, 10:03:07 AM »

Elmore, I HAVE that old Rise Stevens LADY IN THE DARK recording. She sure can't act!  Hey...Boss Lady....

Tommy Krasker and I used to call each other just do do Rise's lines "Alison! Where is everybody?"  She's so much better in GOING MY WAY than on disc.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2006, 10:03:22 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, after a really good sleep with really fun dreams (my favorite kind - where I've gone back in time and am in LA in the 50s - and I know exactly why I dreamed it).

MBarnum: The Incredible Shrinking Man is on its way to me.  I saw some screencaps from it and it looks great - why wait?  IF Universal gets around to it later this year it will be the exact same transfer anyway.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2006, 10:03:55 AM »

And the new region 2 Godzilla from BFI also looks incredible.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2006, 10:24:51 AM »

Romantic songs. For starters:
Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2006, 10:31:07 AM »

Boy, can I relate to that statement.  Every time I convince myself that romance is a good thing, I'm sorry about it.  The longer I go without a significant other the happier I am. Hmmm.....

At one time I was a romantic, but no longer... Been by myself for a very long time. Not many want to associate with HOH anyways in this area.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2006, 10:32:29 AM »

I just looked at my profile to see when I joined up here, because I figured my one-year anniversary was coming up. Well, I joined Feb 1!

All I can say is, what a great thing it was to log in and join up. Great site and people. This place has made my last year (and 17 days).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2006, 10:36:41 AM »

I just looked at my profile to see when I joined up here, because I figured my one-year anniversary was coming up. Well, I joined Feb 1!

All I can say is, what a great thing it was to log in and join up. Great site and people. This place has made my last year (and 17 days).

I feel like I've known you for years!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2006, 10:42:59 AM »

Good Afternoon!

...Three hours later...

-I guess I did need a little more sleep.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2006, 10:47:56 AM »

Jose- It isn't that snowboard cross is strange. It was the specific thing that happened yesterday. A girl was in the clear for the Gold medal, nobody near her, and she did a little hotdog showboat move near the finish line, fell, and was passed by someone who was light years back.

Interesting about the Look of Love. That one I posted is called The SOUND of Love. Which sounds like a moaning woman.

Actually, my "strange" comment was in regards to DR Jennifer's comment about the event in general earlier in the day.

However, I did catch the interview with Bob Costas last night, and she seemed OK.  She knew what she did, and, yes, it cost her the gold, but she still ended up on the Olympic podium. I have a sense all the brou-ha-ha over this will die down faster than people think.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2006, 10:49:33 AM »

My mother keeps making suggestions on decorating my house...the scary thing is I agree with her!   Oh dear, what does that mean????  My mother does have good taste, maybe that's it..yeah, yeah, that's got to be it

My sister has a coffee mug that has a picture of a woman on it with the caption, "It's official.  I've become my mother." ;)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 10:50:42 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2006, 10:52:09 AM »

Good morning all.
Not sure if I ever got around to sharing this, but my hardrive died a painful death last week.  After getting a new one installed in my laptop (thank you, dad) I'm now attempting to rebuild my life on here.  All of my important files and hundreds of pictures are gone and can't be replaced.  But because I had all my music on my ipod, I can theoretically transfer all of it back on to the computer.  If done wrong, however, it will delete all the files off of the ipod.  But I've got to try...so here goes.

To all Oregon HHW folk, if you hear cries of anguish and pain from the north, don't worry, it'll just be me mourning the loss of 1000 song files, should I do this wrong.  

Ann, I know exactly what you're going through!  About two years ago, my computer completely died.  I had two hardrives and both were lost.  I, too, lost over 1000 MP3 files (and a couple of full-length movies ;))...and a ton of e-mails going back several years...and lots of pictures.  I didn't have anything backed up.  I didn't (and don't) have an iPod, or anything like it.  I feel your pain!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2006, 10:53:43 AM »

Romantic songs:

"Just the Way You Look Tonight"
"When I Fall In Love"

This is all I can think of right now.  I have to go to work, now.  Have a good day, all! ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2006, 11:05:31 AM »

Is this a slow news day or what?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2006, 11:06:16 AM »

Hmm...

So... Do I drive back to DC tonight, or tomorrow morning... Hmm...

-Don't worry, I'll be back Tuesday.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2006, 11:07:53 AM »

Well... I need to get ready to head into midtown for a bit...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2006, 11:14:52 AM »

Ann, I know exactly what you're going through!  About two years ago, my computer completely died.  I had two hardrives and both were lost.  I, too, lost over 1000 MP3 files (and a couple of full-length movies ;))...and a ton of e-mails going back several years...and lots of pictures.  I didn't have anything backed up.  I didn't (and don't) have an iPod, or anything like it.  I feel your pain!

that's awful, George!  I did lose all my files and pictures and such, but at least I had my ipod to preserve my song files.  I would have been a mess if I'd lost all my precious music...

François de Paris

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2006, 11:47:04 AM »

Romantic songs:

You'll Never Know

All The Things You Are

François de Paris

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2006, 11:47:55 AM »

Is this a slow news day or what?

It's just "what"! ;D

François de Paris

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2006, 11:48:25 AM »

You know.... "What" Is This Thing Called Love!! ;-)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2006, 12:05:39 PM »

Congrats on being a here a year Rodz...

I have only been here barely a month...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2006, 12:05:54 PM »

Jose- It isn't that snowboard cross is strange. It was the specific thing that happened yesterday. A girl was in the clear for the Gold medal, nobody near her, and she did a little hotdog showboat move near the finish line, fell, and was passed by someone who was light years back.

Interesting about the Look of Love. That one I posted is called The SOUND of Love. Which sounds like a moaning woman.

Then I would guess that it is, probably, a moaning woman.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2006, 12:15:02 PM »

DR Cillaliz - go for the area rug!  It sounds like you're having a lot of fun putting your new home together.

I went in, but the colors aren't quite right, so I'm going to keep looking. I think the searching for the perfect rug is a lot of fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up