News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OUTRE  (Read 23291 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
OUTRE
« on: February 18, 2006, 12:10:56 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were wild and wooly and outre, and now it's time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently doing the Lambada (The Forbidden Dance).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 12:21:33 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:OUTRE
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 12:11:31 AM »

And the word of the day is: STENTORIAN!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 05:11:43 AM »

Where is everybody?  I sound like Rise Stevens on the old LADY IN THE DARK recording.  I cannot believe I'm post #3.

Good morning, all!  DR TCB, I prefer to work the morning shift!

I have nothing to report and very little to read this morning.  I'm off to edit some Toyland music, and then I needs must hie me home for some NYCGMC and Karen Ziemba work.

TOD:  I decided around 2004, after a horrifyingly disastrous attempt at romance to never go there again.  I won't dance, don't ask me and I'll never fall in love again.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 05:28:30 AM »

'morning, DR elmore.  Can't have you sitting here all by yourself, now can we?

DH Richard left quietly for his shape-note day, and I slept in until about 8:20.  Today, I'm going to sort books for the AAUW sale and have my hair cut.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 05:56:21 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up... I'm up... And I really don't have to be...  So... I may head back to bed for another hour or so since I still feel just a tad bit not-fully-rested... Or I may have some green tea and proceed from there...

*However, I guess my body and my mind are gearing up for the Lestat orchestra rehearsals in a few weeks.  The first couple of them start at 9:00AM.  9:00AM!?!?!?!  -And they're being held over at a place in midtown... Which is all the way over on 12th Ave... So, I'll have to leave a good bit of lead time for the walk over from 8th Avenue since those will be the long blocks.

19 musicians up at 9:00AM on a Saturday?!??!?

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 05:58:43 AM »

Good Morning, DR Ginny.

Ooh... Are the arrangements for the "Christmas Gift" working out?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 06:02:57 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

"This Time the Dream's On Me" - sung by Ella Fitzgerald from her Harold Arlen Songbook.

...I still remember coming home from work one day... Steve was at his computer... And I just started rushing around, trying to find my box set of "The Songbooks"...  I found it, put the Arlen disc in the CD player... Found the track...  Pushed play... And we started slow-dancing in the kitchen.

:)

Ain't I romantic?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 06:04:16 AM »

Oh...

And I'm also really fond of any of the tracks on Nancy LaMott's "Beautiful Baby" album...  Well, any Nancy LaMott recording/rendition.  -She is missed.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 06:06:51 AM »

As for the snowboarding...

I actually think the Snow-Cross - or whatever they call it - is kind of cool.  Not strange at all.  It's an actual race against each other, rather than a race against the clock.  It's just like a track and field event in the snow.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 06:18:29 AM »

Good Morning, DR Ginny.

Ooh... Are the arrangements for the "Christmas Gift" working out?

Um, DR Jose, I've been meaning to email you about it.  I haven't heard anything since emailing the third party on Feb. 1, nor seen any evidence that I've been charged.  Should I be concerned?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 06:20:37 AM »

TOD:  I decided around 2004, after a horrifyingly disastrous attempt at romance to never go there again.  I won't dance, don't ask me and I'll never fall in love again.

Boy, can I relate to that statement.  Every time I convince myself that romance is a good thing, I'm sorry about it.  The longer I go without a significant other the happier I am. Hmmm.....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 06:25:30 AM »

Um, DR Jose, I've been meaning to email you about it.  I haven't heard anything since emailing the third party on Feb. 1, nor seen any evidence that I've been charged.  Should I be concerned?

No.  Sometimes the requests take some time to process.  However, if you want to e-mail the third party again just to confirm that your first e-mail was received, then go ahead.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 06:26:59 AM »

I am, however, very pleased with my furniture delivery men. They said 7:30-8:00 and were here at 7:25!  Hoo and Ray...no waiting on aisle 3.  

Anyway, I love the new sofa and chair - it's SOOO much better than the enormous sofa and chair (What was I thinking) ...although one leg on the chair is a little short, they are going to check and probably will get a replacement for me...which means if I decide to get the area rug that looks way cool with the set, I can get free delivery when they replace the chair!  The area rug is on sale...I may have to make a trip to the furniture store.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 06:29:47 AM »

My mother keeps making suggestions on decorating my house...the scary thing is I agree with her!   Oh dear, what does that mean????  My mother does have good taste, maybe that's it..yeah, yeah, that's got to be it

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 06:31:03 AM »

My mother keeps making suggestions on decorating my house...the scary thing is I agree with her!   Oh dear, what does that mean????  My mother does have good taste, maybe that's it..yeah, yeah, that's got to be it

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 06:34:36 AM »

Well, think I'm going to bundle up and head to the market for breakfast. It used to be called the Organic Market, now it's the Local Foods Market, hmm wonder if that means it's not all organic anymore.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 06:34:39 AM »

Elmore, I HAVE that old Rise Stevens LADY IN THE DARK recording. She sure can't act!  Hey...Boss Lady....

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 06:43:36 AM »

DR Cillaliz - go for the area rug!  It sounds like you're having a lot of fun putting your new home together.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 06:49:21 AM »

DR Rodzinski - I clearly remember that 101 Strings album in my parents' record collection.  They had a lot of 101 Strings, as well as the Mantovani Strings too.  The one cover that sticks in my mind was for a box set entitled, "The Look of Love", I believe... very alluring set of eyes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 06:50:03 AM »

Hmm....

Who knews?

All Things Mantovani
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2006, 06:51:57 AM »

Oohhh...

And here's a Strings Group primer from one of my favorite online radio stations, spaceagepop.com

http://www.spaceagepop.com/strings.htm
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2006, 06:53:26 AM »

Well... I do believe I shall get another couple of minutes of shut-eye...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 07:29:36 AM »

Good morning!

Yes, our spring weather in gone, but the temps haven't totally plunged into the freezer yet. It was still tolerable outside this morning, but the temps are supposed to drop during the day leading to a possibility of sleet later.

Well, it IS February, after all!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2006, 07:30:58 AM »

Last night, DR MBarnum wrote:

"And BK have you heard anything about the region 2 release of THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN?

I am trying to decide if I should buy it or wait and see if Universal ever decideds to release it in the U.S. during my lifetime."

That's why I burned a DVD copy of it the last time TCM showed it. I got tired of waiting. I'm sure it'll be released eventually, but I like to watch it once or twice a year and can't wait for its infrequent TV showings.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2006, 07:32:12 AM »

And thanks, DR MBarnum, for the heads up on THE GREAT WALTZ.

But we can get this TV spectacular, and we can't get WONDERFUL TOWN, KISS ME KATE, or BLOOMER GIRL from their 50s showings? Irritating!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2006, 07:32:20 AM »

I am, however, very pleased with my furniture delivery men.
And they say romance is dead...or is this cruising?   ;)

...which means if I decide to get the area rug that looks way cool with the set, I can get free delivery when they replace the chair!  The area rug is on sale...I may have to make a trip to the furniture store.  
Yep, definitely cruising.   ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2006, 07:38:43 AM »

The most romantic music I can think of is the score for Sunday In the Park With George.

Sweeny Todd, on the other hand, isn't all that romantic.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2006, 07:43:38 AM »

Patrice Munsel and Debbie Reynolds....  Both mentioned at HHW in the last 24 hours....and now twice!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2006, 07:44:15 AM »

It is 10 whole degrees here, and I am on my way to work.

Everyone have a great Saturday!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2006, 08:12:29 AM »

Jose- It isn't that snowboard cross is strange. It was the specific thing that happened yesterday. A girl was in the clear for the Gold medal, nobody near her, and she did a little hotdog showboat move near the finish line, fell, and was passed by someone who was light years back.

Interesting about the Look of Love. That one I posted is called The SOUND of Love. Which sounds like a moaning woman.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up