Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: EGGPLANT CUTLETS  (Read 20509 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
EGGPLANT CUTLETS
« on: February 21, 2006, 12:09:31 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had Apple Pie Spice and were in a nutshell, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently in a nutshell trying to figure out how in tarnation they GOT there.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 12:09:03 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:EGGPLANT CUTLETS
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 12:10:47 AM »

And the word of the day is: RATIOCINATE!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 12:14:19 AM »

Welll I have the ubiquitous pint of Choco chip cookie dough ice cream for those certain moments!!

Pizza and potato wedges... and a package of hot pockets...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 12:18:16 AM »

Happy Birthday DR Matthew
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 12:18:54 AM »

Excellent news about "STAGES" BK.
I need to modify that to S.T.A.G.E plural !!
A case of semantics!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 12:24:54 AM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 12:20:30 AM »

Not Stages - the STAGE benefits.  Stages is already out :-)

Matthew's birthday was added to the notes instantly.

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 12:21:43 AM »

I don't believe I have ever had a frozen meal (Or a thawed frozen meal)..
Ice-cream Doesn't really fit the bill!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 12:22:54 AM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 12:22:11 AM »

I love the S.T.A.G.E. recordings!!  This is great news!  I have most of the commercially available ones. ;D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR MATTHEW!!

« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 12:22:35 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 12:24:33 AM »

The earliest frozen TV dinners that I can remember eating were salisbury steak.  I haven't had one in quite a few years.  I do have several Lean Cuisine dinners in my freezer, right now.  I like them (I get them at Costco, so they cost less than at regular stores), but they're not the same. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 12:28:40 AM »

I live in a "Fresh food" house. This is even a microwave free house.  Always fresh fruit and vegetables. I have never eaten a so called "T.V. dinner"

We do have some processed foods!
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 12:38:08 AM »

The first frozen dinner I can remember was the late 50s Swanson TV dinners, usually chicken.  We thought they were most amusing, but they were really quite gross.  When Stouffer's debuted, I was very fond of their macaroni and cheese, lasagna, pizza bread, and a few others.  I love Lean Cuisine pizzas - hardly any calories and quite tasty in a frozen sort of way.   I've tried quite a few other frozen dinners, but most of them aren't to my liking, so I'm interested to hear all opinions.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 03:50:15 AM »

Der Brucer and I keep a couple of Stouffer's sides in the freezer at all times - the Spinach Souffle and Harvest Apples - as a back-up for when it's late and we want something on the plate fast.  But we're not into the whole "entire meal" frozen dinner thing.  My cooking is much better, and one of those itty-bitty "meals" simply isn't enough.

As for Lean Cuisine, I'll have you know that my Daddy taught me to stand up straight and tall, shoulders back.  Leaning was simply not part of the program.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 04:08:34 AM »

Good Morning, DR Elmore!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 04:12:55 AM »

Good morning, all!  I couldn't believe 400+ posts when I woke up this morning. Wow!

DRvixmom, BRIDE AND PREJUDICE is based quite closely on PRIDE AND PREJUDICE.  If the vixter enjoys it, I'd rent the 2-disc BBC PRIDE AND PREJUDICE for viewing.  Much as I admire Aldous Huxley's DEVILS OF LOUDON and a lot of the cast, the Greer Garson-Laurence Olivier version of Ms Austen's masterpiece sets my teerth on edge for moving the period from 1812 to the 1830s and totally missing the cruelty under its veneer.  Any adaptation that makes Lady Catherine de Burgh remotely friendly has lost the author's mood.

DRs Jose and Jason, tonight is my monthly music librarians' dinner at 6:30 in the Village.  If you'd like to join us tonight, email me or call me.
I don't know if any of the R&H crew will be there, but it's always festive.

TOD:  frozen foods terrify me and cause flashbacks to my childhood when my Mother went mad and stopped cooking.  I only keep icecubes in the freezer.  And Hagen-Daz.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 04:14:59 AM »

And now it's time for me to dash away again.  Early shift selling frozen dinners to the massive.  Or, if not massive, at least the weighty.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 04:16:36 AM »

Good Morning, DR Elmore!

Woody!  Good morning, dear friend.  I had meant to say hello and to mention Matthew's birthday, but I got so wrapped up in Miss Austen's work, I forgot!  I hope you have a great day today.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DRMATTHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/color][/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 04:18:57 AM »

And hopefully I'll be back later today.  If not, I've been dragooned into ladsitting again.   :-\

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 04:28:28 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR Matthew - I hope you win the cake contest!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 04:39:24 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 04:34:45 AM »

Tuesday greetings!  Back to work for me after a very relaxing 3-day weekend.

TOD - Stouffer's scalloped chicken, corn souffle, apples.  Also, when DS Rob was in elementary school, they had a fundraiser called Market Day.  We ordered frozed foods once a month and picked them up at the school.  My favorites were their frozen corn, apple pie, turkey roasts, and hot dogs.

My favorite frozen food, though, is what I cook in large quantities and freeze in individual portions for later - lasagna, tuna glop (yes, it freezes well), beef stroganoff, vegetable soup, etc.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 04:36:44 AM »

Happy Birthday to Matthew!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 05:00:44 AM »

DR Ben, aren't you the person who first mentioned SLINGS AND ARROWS?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 05:17:09 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. Today I shall attempt to run the newsletter on the new printer. I hope all goes well! (I'm sure it will.)
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ben

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 05:20:06 AM »

Yes, Larry. Anthony's mother recorded it from Sundance Channel and we watched it earlier this year. It was great fun.

Ben

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2006, 05:23:47 AM »

I, like Miss Minoff, have a box of eggplant cutlets in my freezer also. We like them. When defrosted they make a nice, quick meal.

FJL

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 05:34:50 AM »

Lots of great frozen foods, but the Stouffer's line is the best carried in our market.

Uno's Pizzeria sells pizza that you can heat up in the oven (or at least did a few years ago), but I forget whether that was actually frozen or just refrigerated.  Anyway, it was almost as good as getting it piping hot in the restaurant.

FJL

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 05:38:28 AM »

Joan Rivers used to have a joke about a certain actress being "the only person I know who stands in front of the microwave and yells HURRY!!!"

I at one point (in my youth) thought that joke was hilarious, but now that I've gotten older and less patient, I find myself putting a Stouffer's lasagne in the microwave for eleven minutes and indeed thinking - although not yelling - HURRY!!!   :)

FJL

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 05:39:57 AM »

Hi Ben (a FOLLIES reference)

And I am wearing green!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 05:46:23 AM »

Yes, Larry. Anthony's mother recorded it from Sundance Channel and we watched it earlier this year. It was great fun.

I hope she's now recording Season 2 for you.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 06:10:22 AM »

Happy Birthday to you ! Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear reader Matthew
Happy Birthday to YOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!

and many mooooooooooooore!!!!!

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 06:10:57 AM »

I hope your cake is not ruined by a Greek speaking cat!

Since I appear to have put us into wide screen I shall attempt to get us to page two speedily!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 06:12:42 AM by Vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up