Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FEELING MY OATS  (Read 21764 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:FEELING MY OATS
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2006, 07:23:03 PM »

We also met5 Dr Pogues close and personal friend Mr. Harlan Ellison several times at this affair.  Unfortunately last time he was out he was saying that it was too much of a trip for him to bother with an we have'nt seen him for about three years now.... we sorely miss his presentations.  He would be a member of panel discussions with several other writers but very often he would take over and he would tell wonderful stories.

Vixdad especially misses him.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2006, 07:23:36 PM »

Michael Shayne, did Lois find the right Debby?

vixmom

« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2006, 07:29:43 PM »

Ginny, A friend of our used to work for the company that put on the Star Trek conventions.  

He used to comp us into the conventions at the Pennsylvania Hotel in NYC, over the years we met William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, DeForrest Kelly, Nichelle Nichols, and the guy who played Warf  I can't think of his name right now darn it... I must say he is one handsome man , you would never know it with all that alien makeup on!  

Ginny

« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2006, 07:30:52 PM »

Yes, DR Jose, those parental units can be very unpredictable!  In early 1986, my then-recently-widowed mother went to Phoenix (from her home in Michigan) to visit her brother, bought a condo, and was living there by June.  She stayed 13 years, before moving to a retirement community near here.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2006, 07:32:59 PM »

Vixmom, before they took me to a ST convention, Richard and Rob went to one without me where the featured guest was Marina Sirtes (Deanna Troi).  Rob was especially fascinated by her description of the undergarments she had to wear.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2006, 07:34:10 PM »

Well, lovely people, I'd love to stay and play, but I have 3 more workdays this week and they all start early.  'night!

vixmom

« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2006, 07:37:21 PM »

Oh, and Nichelle Nichols came to the ICON a few times as well so we also met here there as well as Robin Curtis (Saavik), Carel Struycken (he played Mr. Homm and also was Lurch inthe Addams family movies) the last two were there in 2003...

Oh a nd whats her name... Roddenbury's wife, Nurse Chapel in the first  series and  and the empath's mother in the 2nd series... we met her a couple of times too... and and the one who played the empath  oh and the guy who played "Q" ... dang I can't remember anybody's name now...

I think I'll go asked whathisname out there in the livingroom to make me a cup of whatdyacallit....

vixmom

« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2006, 07:42:38 PM »

Marina Sirtes ! That's the empath!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2006, 07:47:29 PM »

Bored?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »

and  the Vixter met Billy Boyd (Pippin from LOTR) one year
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 07:51:26 PM by Vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2006, 07:51:49 PM »

vixmom

« Reply #191 on: March 08, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

Did Ann catch up?  How are Jed and Ann enjoying their new jobs?  And when is moving day?  

Isn't it suspicious TCB's back starting acting up again just when there were all those boxes to move.....

truck backed into him.... hmmmm

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2006, 07:58:25 PM »

Majel Barrett was Roddenberry's wife.

It's time for "American Idol".

Afterward, it's my bedtime.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2006, 08:04:47 PM »

Vixmom, before they took me to a ST convention, Richard and Rob went to one without me where the featured guest was Marina Sirtes (Deanna Troi).  Rob was especially fascinated by her description of the undergarments she had to wear.

INteresting experiences DR Ginny and Vixmom
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: March 08, 2006, 08:05:40 PM »

Oh, and Nichelle Nichols came to the ICON a few times as well so we also met here there as well as Robin Curtis (Saavik), Carel Struycken (he played Mr. Homm and also was Lurch inthe Addams family movies) the last two were there in 2003...

Oh a nd whats her name... Roddenbury's wife, Nurse Chapel in the first  series and  and the empath's mother in the 2nd series... we met her a couple of times too... and and the one who played the empath  oh and the guy who played "Q" ... dang I can't remember anybody's name now...

I think I'll go asked whathisname out there in the livingroom to make me a cup of whatdyacallit....

John deLancie
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #195 on: March 08, 2006, 08:06:28 PM »

Loved the OZ/WICKED cartoon. Thanks for sharing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: March 08, 2006, 08:08:06 PM »

I finished the last 20 minutes of GET BRUCE! which was basically the part I had seen some years ago. Entertaining documentary about him.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #197 on: March 08, 2006, 08:08:50 PM »

Yes, DR Jose, those parental units can be very unpredictable!  In early 1986, my then-recently-widowed mother went to Phoenix (from her home in Michigan) to visit her brother, bought a condo, and was living there by June.  She stayed 13 years, before moving to a retirement community near here.

Well... The last time my parents went looking for a house - and they weren't even looking for themselve, but for my brother - they found the house they're currently in.  They saw it on a Sunday, and signed the paperwork by the end the week.  "Guess what?  We're moving!"

I'm just amazed that my parents are finally considering retirement.  However, it is nice to know that they are looking forward to doing a lot of things that they haven't had the chance to do.  And if they get what they think they can get for this house, then they should both be set up rather well for years to come.  -Especially if they end up in Richmond.  They found that the same house - square footage -  design by the same developer costs about about $150,000 less in Richmond than up here in the DC area.  Again, we'll see what happens.

Alas, they did comment that "You'll have always have a place to live," was not what I wanted to hear from them.  But I know it comes out of love and concern.  Maybe once Lestat gets past opening night they'll realize I'm in this for the long run.  And, hopefully, Lestat, will have a long run.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2006, 08:09:32 PM »

I watched a MURDER SHE WROTE rerun, but this one came from about the middle of the run when Tom Bosley left the show and was replaced by Ron Masak. This was Ron's first episode, and it also had Joan Leslie and Teresa Wright as guest stars. Lots of fun, a sort of variation on the sisters in ARSENIC AND OLD LACE.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #199 on: March 08, 2006, 08:10:25 PM »

As for tonight's "American Idol"....

It really will be interesting to see who will be in the bottom three. There were some very good performances tonight, and some good performances.  No real klinkers, imho.  It's all gonna come down to the "it" quality.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2006, 08:10:52 PM »

As for "Lost"....

Good episode!
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2006, 08:11:33 PM »

Majel Barrett was Roddenberry's wife.

It's time for "American Idol".

Afterward, it's my bedtime.  

Here its Daily Show time  and yes it was Majel Roddenberry we met thanks!!  and Worf was Michael Dorn.... see I just neede a little tea to kickstart the old brain

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2006, 08:11:57 PM »

And as for "Project Runway"...

Why was I under the impression that the winner was going to be announced live tonight?  Guess I was under the wrong impression.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2006, 08:12:01 PM »

vixmom

« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2006, 08:14:07 PM »

Good House Vibes for your folks Jose!!

and i am off to watch the rest of the Daily Show... see you tomorrow!

Matt H.

« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2006, 08:16:26 PM »

As for AMERICAN IDOL contestants - - - - -

My favorite tonight was again Elliott who sang a sincere, heartfelt ballad that wasn't as showy as last week but I liked just as much.

Ace did "Butterflies" in part chest but lots of very strong falsetto that he managed to control very nicely. Unlike Shay who tried falsetto for most of a song three weeks ago, Ace's voice didn't give out and it stayed on pitch. Not my favorite song by a mile but I was impressed with his versatility.

Taylor won the audience over, and I liked Gedeon's "When a Man Loves a Woman" though the judges didn't.

Will's plastic pop rendition of "How Sweet It Is" didn't show off much of his voice, and Kevin did a simple rendition of "Vincent" which Clay Aiken struggled with three years ago because it was handed him at the last minute.

I put in a bunch of calls for Elliott and I got through 95% of the time. I don't know what that means especially since Taylor's line was pretty busy the whole night.

Matt H.

« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2006, 08:18:48 PM »

BONES had a fun episode, and I love this show because it's a forensic procedural that doesn't take itself so seriously. The characters have gelled into a marvelous ensemble that I look forward to seeing every week.

Matt H.

« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2006, 08:20:05 PM »

INVASION was the other show I regularly watch which had a new episode tonight, and it continues on its creepy course to an early conclusion. Is next week the season finale? I think so.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2006, 08:33:16 PM »

Well, I have an early morning in the morning, and I still have a few things to take care of here before heading to bed...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2006, 08:35:27 PM »

Many thanks for the multiplicity of vibes!  The Lovely Wife came through with flying colours.  She and a rather good cast of actors are stranded in a revisionist Earnest that for no apparent good reason and in the face of any logic has moved the play to 1960's England.  Oh, does it have problems.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up