Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FEELING MY OATS  (Read 21732 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:FEELING MY OATS
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2006, 01:44:12 PM »

Seriously...

DR elmore - I'll have to check my list.  I've already parceled out a bunch of my usual summer gigs, and I'm not sure I have anyone left who may be available.  But I'll see who might still be available.  Do you have the dates for the workshop?

I believe it's the month of August.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2006, 01:45:21 PM »

~~~ VIBES ALL AROUND!! ~~~

(whether you need them or not ;))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2006, 01:51:27 PM »

Wednesday greetings!

Break-a-leg vibes to the Lovely Wife of DR Charles Pogue.

Feel better vibes to DRs Danise, TCB, RonPulliam, Jose, and any others who need them.

DR Danise - I remember, from way back when I was a little girl, a family friend who was a physician telling my mom that you could go into the hospital, have a general anesthetic, have nothing else done, and it would still take 6 months to fully recover.  That anesthesia is strong stuff!  Take it easy!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2006, 01:53:21 PM »

I believe it's the month of August.

OK.  I'll get the rest of the details from you off-board.

Maybe DR Matthew would like to come east for a couple of weeks?

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2006, 01:55:43 PM »

Time to get the Vixter.... laters
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2006, 01:59:59 PM »

Vibes for Ginny on getting through her bureaucratic madness.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2006, 02:01:48 PM »

And to Lady Pogue for matters theatrical.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2006, 02:04:21 PM »

Question for BK-

Not counting more recent movies, do you have a movie score that stands out to you as utterly inappropriate? In other words, the music does not match the images at all. What is your most egregious example of this?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2006, 02:30:32 PM »

One nice thing about the lack of totally new programming on tonight is that I can make a serious dent in the rest of the things that are being stored on the DVR. Apart from GET BRUCE! which I still have a half hour of to watch, I still have THE SINGING DETECTIVE that I've never gotten to. With my not recording anything tonight and apparently the HARRY POTTER movie from Amazon nowhere in sight for me, I may actually get to the Robert Downey Jr. movie tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2006, 02:32:58 PM »

Question for BK-

Not counting more recent movies, do you have a movie score that stands out to you as utterly inappropriate? In other words, the music does not match the images at all. What is your most egregious example of this?

The 1980s release of "Metropolis" with the rock score...absolutely horrible! :P (even if there were a couple of songs that I liked.)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2006, 02:40:26 PM »

Question for BK-

Well.. If I can go "recent"... The "Living In America" sequence from "Rent"... Well... Actually, the whole movie.  ;) -Well, except for "Tango Maureen".

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2006, 02:41:15 PM »

OK.  I'll get the rest of the details from you off-board.

Maybe DR Matthew would like to come east for a couple of weeks?

:)

July 30-Aug 26, I believe I was just told.  The musical is based on Robin Hood and Marian, book and lyrics by Adrian Mitchell, who did the lyrics for Peter Brook's MARAT/SADE production.  Adrian's a lovely man.  It will be high school and college students.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2006, 02:43:38 PM »

Heading down now for usual household chores before settling in with the remainder of GET BRUCE!

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2006, 02:44:13 PM »

Interesting line-up of guests Vixmom! I don't see anyone that I want to interview (only because they have already been interviewed before) but you can feel free to give Mark Goddard and Richard Hatch a nice squeeze for me! LOL!  8)

And one of the guests, Ms. Debbie Rochon, actually co-starred with our own DR Rodzinski in the films BEYOND THE LOST WORLD: ALIEN CONSPIRACY III (2001) and RAGE OF THE WEREWOLF (1999).

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2006, 03:15:15 PM »

Hi Everyone, I made it through the job fair! It went pretty well, although I feel it was a bit disorganized- and a fellow stipend intern told me she had received an email from our group leader saying that we didn't need to be there, that we would hand in our resumes and coordinate interviews through her.  I didn't get any such email, but I don't doubt that it was sent, that's just the way things work there sometimes. Anyway, the "mini interview" portion at the end of the hour went really well.  I have no idea whether I actually needed to be there or not, but it was good practice, and I suppose it's good to get as many different feet in the door in as many different ways as possible.

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2006, 03:17:29 PM »

Hi Everyone, I made it through the job fair! It went pretty well, although I feel it was a bit disorganized- and a fellow stipend intern told me she had received an email from our group leader saying that we didn't need to be there, that we would hand in our resumes and coordinate interviews through her.  I didn't get any such email, but I don't doubt that it was sent, that's just the way things work there sometimes. Anyway, the "mini interview" portion at the end of the hour went really well.  I have no idea whether I actually needed to be there or not, but it was good practice, and I suppose it's good to get as many different feet in the door in as many different ways as possible.

Inquiring minds want to know:

What did you wear?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2006, 03:19:56 PM »

One nice thing about the lack of totally new programming on tonight is that I can make a serious dent in the rest of the things that are being stored on the DVR.

Everything I've looked at says tonight's "Invasion" is a new episode.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2006, 03:21:02 PM »

Heading down now for usual household chores before settling in with the remainder of GET BRUCE!

WBBL.

I saw this five years ago.  He dies at the end.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2006, 03:22:04 PM »

Congratulations!  I'm sure you were prepped.  Or preppie?  Or peppy?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2006, 03:28:28 PM »

I saw this five years ago.  He dies at the end.

Evil, Larry!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2006, 03:33:36 PM »

Inquiring minds want to know:

What did you wear?

Yes, we need photographic documentation...come on TPUnk, we need a fashion show!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2006, 03:49:43 PM »

Wasn't our DR Jose heading back up to NYC today?  Or is he pulling another midnight ride of Paul Revere?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2006, 04:03:30 PM »

Question for Ask BK Day -

Do people here prefer to discuss business by email or phone?  

People where?  In LA?  On haineshisway.com?  In NY?  I'm finding everyone in LA would rather deal via e-mail - weird

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2006, 04:04:15 PM »

Wasn't our DR Jose heading back up to NYC today?  Or is he pulling another midnight ride of Paul Revere?

Well... It looks like I may be helping my parents out with a special project/search tomorrow so...  Friday at the latest.  I want to be back up for the final run-thrus in the rehearsal hall for Lestat.

I know, I know... Excuses, excuses...  But I'm booked all next week for various projects - besides Lestat.  So, once I'm back, I'm back.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2006, 04:05:57 PM »

Question for Ask BK and Ask DR Day....

Since I'm currently watching "Oprah", and she's showing clips from interviews of inter-racial couples in conjunction with the new movie, "Something New"... Who seem to be sharing some intimate details of their relationships...

Would you, could you ever go on a talk show and share the details of your personal life and relationships?  On national TV?

Depends what they were asking - I obviously wouldn't share names, dates, places - but perhaps an overview of things.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2006, 04:08:04 PM »

Question for BK-

Ryan's Daughter comes to mind.  Some of the original Amfitheatrof score to Major Dundee comes to mind.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2006, 04:08:28 PM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones to Julieanne, and we'll want a full report.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2006, 04:08:54 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2006, 04:23:15 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?

It's a wuss-out day, fer sure!

Me...I'm ready to crash.  My brain has already crashed, and my body won't be far behind.

Hopefully, I'll get home first.

I need some sleep tonight!!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2006, 04:29:47 PM »

It's a wuss-out day, fer sure!

Me...I'm ready to crash.  My brain has already crashed, and my body won't be far behind.

Hopefully, I'll get home first.

I need some sleep tonight!!!!

Maybe a stop in Chinatown might help.  I'm sure there's some specially formulated tea to help ease your unease.  -I still use a boxed tea - comes in a green and white container - that was recommended to me a couple of years ago.  Always seems to work for me when everything else hasn't.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up