Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CONNECTING THE DOTS  (Read 59507 times)

Danise

Re:CONNECTING THE DOTS
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2006, 09:05:53 AM »

Vibes for Elmore!  

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Can you at least take it easy the rest of the day? But I bet tomorrow is when your really going to feel it.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2006, 09:09:17 AM »

Page 3 vibes dance for all who need them!!!!!

[move=left,scroll,20,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2006, 09:24:40 AM »

I made my weekly call into the boss to let her know that I'm still kicking.  I told her everything that's happen and she agreed with me that I need to get back to work so I can relax.   :)

I guess I should be grateful that I'm home and can deal with everything.  

I just got the mail and in it was the hosptial bill--wanna know how much my stay was?  $32,978.06!!!!!!!!   :o :-X :P That is one expensive hotel!   It's enough to make someone sick!!  

Thank goodness for insurance.  My part is only $300.00 of which I already paid $200.00 when they thought it was going to be a day surgery.  Whew!   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2006, 09:26:29 AM »

Back from my meeting on Wall Street, which is a bear to get to if you don't know the geography.  I gave myself plenty of time, and I got to the office on Fourteenth Street around 8:05.  Stepping out of a deli, I fell over an empty platform that usually held flowers and landed on my face.  I scratched up the right lens of my glasses, which dug into the bridge of my nose and bled like crazy.  I also skinned up all the knuckles of my left hand.  I am now afloat in Neosporin which has been applied liberally to my injured person and I have just come from the place where I got these new glasses last October to have the lens replaced.  Outside of the fact that I went to the meeting looking like a mugging victim, it went well.

Oy!

~~~Healing Vibes for DR Larry!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2006, 09:26:54 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Seat C 118 (Orchestra) of The Palace Theatre (right off of Times Square).

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2006, 09:29:16 AM »

TOD:
   Un dimanche apres-midi a l'Ile de la Grande Jatte by Seurat

I love this too, or as AltaVista's Babel Fish translates it:

One Sunday afternoon has the Island of the Large Bowl by Seurat

And another picture that I really like is Antonio deVity, Paris Street Scene (at least, that's what the file name is).  I downloaded this somewhere on the Internet and use it frequently as my desktop wallpaper.  I like it a lot! (this is reduced in size for posting purposes):
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2006, 09:32:47 AM »

It actually has been a fun morning at The Palace.  Basically, today was for getting things set up, and making sure everything works.  We did, and it does.  All in all, a very easy morning.

However, getting here was not so easy.  For some unknown reason, the A trains running downtown weren't running.  I waited for almost 25 minutes for a train to show up.  In the meantime, at least four A trains had stopped in the station heading uptown.  So much for trying to get here early.  As it was, I ended up almost 15 minutes late, but due to the structure of the morning, I was "OK".

But it sure is nice to be here.

Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2006, 09:34:09 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Seat C 118 (Orchestra) of The Palace Theatre (right off of Times Square).

DR Jose, I haven't had the chance to tell you how happy and proud I am for you and of you!  I hope the play has a long, long, long run!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2006, 09:35:35 AM »

Page 3 favorite painter Gordon Mitchell dance!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 09:37:46 AM by MBarnum »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2006, 09:35:36 AM »

II just got the mail and in it was the hosptial bill--wanna know how much my stay was?  $32,978.06!!!!!!!!   :o :-X :P That is one expensive hotel!   It's enough to make someone sick!!  

Thank goodness for insurance.  My part is only $300.00 of which I already paid $200.00 when they thought it was going to be a day surgery.  Whew!   :D

Thank goodness, INDEED!

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me feel I should just keep working for the County as long as I can possibly get my butt out of bed and get dressed!

When I broke my arm and had surgery, it cost me $15.  I did get a bill for the ambulance that transported me 1.7 miles from the city street corner near my office to the hospital....and it was over $1,000 (also covered in that $15 I paid).  Still, I could have hopped in a taxi and gotten there on my own for under $15.

I know the anxiety you are feeling about getting back to work (having a routine).  But just BE SURE that when you do go back that your boss is in agreement that you should work only as long as you feel up to it.  For the first week or so, you might consider half-days.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 09:36:41 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2006, 09:36:27 AM »

I'm on lunch break now, and I'll head back up to the seventh floor in a little bit to get some practicing in.  But until then...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2006, 09:37:08 AM »

I just got the mail and in it was the hosptial bill--wanna know how much my stay was?  $32,978.06!!!!!!!!   :o :-X :P That is one expensive hotel!   It's enough to make someone sick!!  

Well, DR Danise, that made me laugh a lot!  Thank you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2006, 09:39:07 AM »

Gordon Mitchell invited me up to his apartment to see his etchings paintings. What a neat guy he was!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2006, 09:40:15 AM »

DR elmore - I'll be giving you a call when I leave here.  If you think you might need something - drug store run, food, etc. - just PM or call me.  Take it easy this afternoon.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2006, 09:40:22 AM »

Here's the Prendergast "Umbrellas in the Rain."  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2006, 09:42:18 AM »

Gordon Mitchell invited me up to his apartment to see his etchings paintings. What a neat guy he was!

In your dreams, maybe!  I hear he brought the etchings down because he was afraid to be alone with you.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2006, 09:42:46 AM »

DR Danise - WOW!  That is one doozy of a bill.  I still remember my one and only emergency room visit - just shy of $800, and they still didn't find out what was wrong with me?!?!?!  -And that was about 10 years ago.  I can't imagine what that would cost now.

*And the kicker was that since I was not admitted to the hospital overnight, my insurance did not cover the ER visit.  -And if I had been admitted and stayed a couple of days, then they would have covered all but $80.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2006, 09:43:24 AM »

And remember, DR Danise - You take it easy today too.

Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2006, 09:43:30 AM »

DR elmore - I'll be giving you a call when I leave here.  If you think you might need something - drug store run, food, etc. - just PM or call me.  Take it easy this afternoon.

DR Jose,  I have to go out again around 5 to hit the Men's Chorus rehearsal around 7.  I have some music to give to the conductor,  I appreciate your offer.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2006, 09:46:52 AM »

Priscilla Gillette, the soprano who starred in THE GOLDEN APPLE and OUT OF THIS WORLD died on Feb 2.  Max Preeo just posted her obituary.

I'll have to listen to "Windflowers" and "Use Your Imagination" in her memory.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2006, 09:52:17 AM »

DR Jose,  I have to go out again around 5 to hit the Men's Chorus rehearsal around 7.  I have some music to give to the conductor,  I appreciate your offer.

OK - But, again... Just in case... You know how to reach me.

*Be sure to get a take out container of rice pudding from Artie's sometime today.

Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2006, 09:53:06 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Finally got a good night's sleep, which I really needed.  As sometimes happens when I sleep nine hours, I have a headache, so I shall go take some Advil or whatever I've got.

Danise

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2006, 09:53:11 AM »

Well, DR Danise, that made me laugh a lot!  Thank you.

Anything to brighten your day, DR Elmore!   :-*

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2006, 09:54:44 AM »

Favorite paintings cover a wide spectrum.  I never really thought of anything as a "favorite," but I confess I enjoy paintings in which I can become lost...

To that end, one that has long fascinated me is the coronation of Napoleon by Louis David.  It's not that I have any admiration at all for the subject matter, but the painting is amazing...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Danise

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2006, 09:55:53 AM »

And remember, DR Danise - You take it easy today too.

I promise to at least try.  I fell asleep in the easy chair yesterday afternoon and didn't wake up until about six PM.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2006, 09:56:24 AM »

The rains are falling heavily as I type this.  The office is cold.

And while lunch is a couple of hours off, one or two have started talking about where it should be taken today.

I vote for some place warm with good soup.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2006, 09:56:28 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Finally got a good night's sleep, which I really needed.  As sometimes happens when I sleep nine hours, I have a headache, so I shall go take some Advil or whatever I've got.

BK - Sounds like you're just dehydrated and/or your blood sugar is low - and after nine hours of sleep, you probably are.  Just have a nice glass of water and a small bite to eat and wait a few minutes.  Then take the Advil.  *And taking Advil on an empty stomach is usually not the best thing to do anyway.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2006, 09:59:09 AM »

Favorite paintings cover a wide spectrum.  I never really thought of anything as a "favorite," but I confess I enjoy paintings in which I can become lost...

To that end, one that has long fascinated me is the coronation of Napoleon by Louis David.  It's not that I have any admiration at all for the subject matter, but the painting is amazing...

There was a wonderful David exhibit up at one of the museums in Williamstown last summer.  Truly stunning work up close.  They had reproduced some of the details from David's large(!) canvases, and it boggles the mind to think just how big the full paintings actually are based on the "excerpts".
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2006, 09:59:39 AM »

I have to admit that I am a not that great when it comes to art.  Those paintings that look like someone just threw the paint and everyone thinks are wonderful just make me scratch my head.

I felt so sorry for that little boy that got is such trouble for putting gum on that painting a few weeks back.  I told Mom that he didn't do it any harm--it didn't look like anything anyway.  I really don't know what the big deal was.

I like a picture to at least look like something.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2006, 10:01:08 AM »

Good grief, DR Elmore!  Just got back from my errands and read of your mishap - take care, please.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up