Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CHICKEN TENDERS  (Read 61429 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:CHICKEN TENDERS
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2006, 11:11:45 AM »

'Morning all!

We already got the mail for today.  I received my copies of The Frisco Kid and the “Special Edition” of Pride and Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth).  I know, I already have that one but it wasn’t the SE and I wanted it.  

I’m really looking forward to watching The Frisco Kid as it is one of my all time favorite movies.  So many great lines…..  

Can’t say that I’m all that crazy about the cover picture.  Harrison was so handsome when he was dressed up at the end of the movie.  Why they didn’t pick something from that section to use is beyond me.  

I’m just so glad that it was FINELY released to a legal copy.  I was sure tempted to buy that one that was on Ebay sometime back, now I’m glad I waited....

My sister loves this movie, too!  I remember that I liked it a lot but haven't seen it in years.  I'm really looking forward to getting this DVD!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2006, 11:26:00 AM »

For all:

What TV shows would you like to see on DVD?

QUARK! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2006, 11:29:15 AM »

I have just arranged totake thenxt two days off from work.  The school called and sent the Vixter home sick.  Fortunatley my mom was able to collect her and bring her to her house until Vixdad or I get home.  I'll stay home with her then couple of days til she's all better poor baby..

This is ICON weekend as well, an event she looks forward to all year  I ned to get her better by Friday night!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2006, 11:30:49 AM »

I am sure I have a myriad of answers for DakotaCelt's TV question but I cannot think of any at the moment

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2006, 11:30:50 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO STEPHEN SONDHEIM!!

and i guess while we're at it happy birthday to sir andrew lloyd weber!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2006, 11:32:30 AM »

For all:

I wouldn't mind seeing DVD sets of RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, an NBC show from the mid 60s starring Ben Gazzara.  Lots of interesting guest stars on this one.  I barely remember it myself (it was on past my bedtime), but I would like to see it.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2006, 11:35:41 AM »

And I'd be appreciative for anything they might give us of "People's Choice", "I Married Joan" and "December Bride."

DR Ron, I MARRIED JOAN is available on DVD:

I MARRIED JOAN
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2006, 11:38:21 AM »

Nice If It Works Dept

OTTAWA - A bored Canadian bureaucrat fed up with office drudgery is seeking C$1 million ($860,000) in donations so he can quit his job and "do something that makes a difference in my life and the lives of others".

The unnamed man, who claims to have worked for a large civil service organization for over 10 years, has set up a Web site — saveabureaucrat.com — on which he explains he is desperate to escape his job.

"After a while it starts to sap the energy and soul out of you and you realize that you have become a true bureaucrat ... I feel like an old curmudgeon frustrated by having to deal with paper being passed around at a snail's pace," he writes.

"Retirement will free up my time for volunteer activities such as tutoring children and counseling people who are going through rough patches in their life. On a daily basis I will be a much more pleasant person to be around," he adds.

Despite promising not to spend donations on "Rolls-Royce cars, 10 bedroom houses, airplanes", the bored civil servant has quite a way to go.

As of Wednesday morning, five sympathetic souls had sent in a total of just C$59.26.

vixmom

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2006, 11:39:18 AM »

Happy Birthday to Steve and Andy

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

I would like to see the Bob Newhart show -- the one where he was a psychologist in Chicago.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2006, 11:58:23 AM »

Get well vibes for Vixter!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2006, 12:06:41 PM »

I would like to see the Bob Newhart show -- the one where he was a psychologist in Chicago.

This is also on DVD, DR Laura:

The Bob Newhart Show
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2006, 12:07:05 PM »

I would like to see the rest of the Adam-12 seasons release on DVD. Also FLIPPER and SURFSIDE 6 to name a few.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2006, 12:23:58 PM »

DR Jose!!!--What a terrific Sparkling Prize package!!!   :o

Thank you, very, very, very (that's three verys!) much!   :D
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2006, 12:33:52 PM »

I had been worried that they had discontinued the season set releases of NORTHERN EXPOSURE.  The last set was released early last year.  Now I see that the fourth season is due next week.  Hoo and Ray!
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2006, 12:36:11 PM »

RE: last night's AMAZING RACE.

SPOILER.

SPOILER.

SPOILER.

After last night's show, it became so clear to me that either the frat boys or the hippies are the sure winners of this race.  They are the only teams that exhibited no signs of fatigue after this particularly grueling leg of the race.  Barring any huge boneheaded mistake (and we've seen those occur many a time) or some huge stroke of bad luck, I'm willing to bet that these two teams will win all of the race legs and that they will place first and second at the finale.  I'll be rooting for the hippies.  They are now my favorite team.

I'm also willing to bet that the next race in which the old folks come in last, it will be a non-elimination round.  Doesn't it always go that way?

DR DakatoCelt yah the show we're talking about (The Amazing Race) is on CBS.

I would tend to agree that the boys or the hippies have a good chance to win. Oh my gosh these teams are so funny.  But you can't be sure.  There will be some teams that will continually improve (maybe mojo or the daters). These teams are good and have not made mistakes. They've just been a bit unlucky (like the cab getting lost).

There are some teams that you just know won't win (fran and barry, the dannis) because they are so awful and make so many mistakes.  But it's hard to predict the winner.  There will be some legs with not as much to do.  And there will be bunching.  And of course it's easy to have some bad luck (can't find a gnome or the bottle with the clue). So while these 2 teams are so strong, you can never be convinced they will win.  BUt it's great to have 2 such strong teams!

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2006, 12:38:15 PM »

Interestingly enough both LOST and AMERICAN IDOL are on the same Canadian channel (CTV). So since AI is live, they are putting LOST at 8pm. I won't be here to see it then. But i'd rather have it on earlier. Should be a good one.

vixmom

« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »

DR Jose!!!--What a terrific Sparkling Prize package!!!   :o

Thank you, very, very, very (that's three verys!) much!   :D

Will you tell us what you've won? (So we can vicariously share in your enjoyment?)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2006, 01:08:30 PM »

For all:

NOW AND AGAIN with Eric Close and Margaret Colin
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2006, 01:09:30 PM »

I would like to see the rest of the Adam-12 seasons release on DVD. Also FLIPPER and SURFSIDE 6 to name a few.

Now you're talkin'!  I remember an "Adam-12" episode called "Elegy for  Pig"....really packed a wallop!

And while we're in the "Surfside 6" mode, let's do "The Roaring 20s" and "Hawaiian Eye"!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »

My absolute #1 most desired TV show on DVD would be ELLERY QUEEN with Jim Hutton. It only ran one season, but the mysteries were terrific and Hutton and David Wayne playing his father were just super together.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2006, 01:11:08 PM »

Whew!  Back from lunch at Richie's (the local dim sum place).

What a feast!  I'm full, full, full!  It's the first time there in a couple of months.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2006, 01:11:17 PM »

And my next most desired TV show on DVD is also a mystery series: THE SNOOP SISTERS with Helen Hayes and Mildred Natwick. They only made 6 90 minute shows, and at 90 minutes, the mysteries probably weren't sophisticated enough to fill that time adequately, but the two leading ladies were SO entertaining. Mildred Natwick won an Emmy for her work on the series.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2006, 01:14:59 PM »

Started my afternoon viewing off with a MURDER SHE WROTE repeat from the Biography Channel. This one had Elliott Gould as a police captain in Palm Springs investigating two murders. Barbara Parkins and Susan Blakeley were also guest stars.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »

Next came last night's SCRUBS, another sporadically funny episode not as nutty as some but with some silliness and some poignancy, a SCRUBS trademark.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2006, 01:17:40 PM »

Then came LAW & ORDER: SVU, a neat story of a college student who was killed under mysterious circumstances. She had thousands of dollars in her dorm room. Was she a hooker, a blackmailer, a cheater? Interesting story.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2006, 01:19:53 PM »

And then I watched the last FIREFLY episode in the boxed set. Sad to say, not as good as some of the others, but since it was the last one, I'm playing it back to hear creator, producer, writer, and director Joss Whedon's commentary on this last show.

When I'm finished listening to his commentary, FIREFLY will go on the shelf and Season 3 of MURDER SHE WROTE will be loaded and ready for watching.

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2006, 01:23:26 PM »

I just read that NBC has canceled FOUR KINGS after seven episodes have aired. Not a great show by any means, but Seth Green's character was growing on me and consistently made me laugh.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2006, 01:23:43 PM »

Good Afternoon!

-I've escaped for a bit from my seventh floor perch in The Palace.  We got a lot of work done this morning, and some new parts, which means I have to head back in in a little bit and do some more wood-shedding.  I actually have to practice this book!  ;)  But it will all be worth come April 25th and beyond... and so on... and so on... and so on...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2006, 01:24:36 PM »

Also just read this on the internet:

- Former American Idol contestant Constantine Maroulis splitting from his band, Pray for the Soul of Betty, People reports.  -

I'm sure all who watched last night saw him in the audience for IDOL. Be interesting to see what kind of career in the business he wants.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up