Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD HELL  (Read 61290 times)

MBarnum

Re:DVD HELL
« Reply #240 on: March 25, 2006, 09:49:38 PM »

And how was that date with the South Beach guy?

We had a very nice dinner and visit.

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: March 25, 2006, 10:02:31 PM »

Did he wear South Beach Chic

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: March 25, 2006, 10:02:46 PM »

Wasn't that the term FJL?

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: March 25, 2006, 10:03:59 PM »

Man the place is getting crowded! Hope Jose and BK arrive soon

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #244 on: March 25, 2006, 10:28:01 PM »

Still waiting for the broadway.com clip to load... You know there are days I really hate dail up....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #245 on: March 25, 2006, 11:02:37 PM »

Hiya Gang!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #246 on: March 25, 2006, 11:10:01 PM »

Hi Rodzinski!

I'm tired so I'm going to go to futon now.

Bye Rodzinski!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: March 25, 2006, 11:17:11 PM »

Back from a post show supper with Tammy's friend Lauren and her husband and friend.  Tammy, of course, went off to be a "bad" girl at some party.  That's what she does these days.  Not a day goes by that she isn't at some party being a bad girl.  It's a phase, I suppose.

Tonight's show was better - nice crowd, vocal, and I was much more at ease.  I only fumfered on one line (one I've never had a problem with before), and I mis-timed a couple of laughs, but then again, I got several nice laughs in unexpected places.  Best of all, the video worked fine.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2006, 11:17:31 PM »

Happy futon-ing!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2006, 11:28:02 PM »

Back from a post show supper with Tammy's friend Lauren and her husband and friend.  Tammy, of course, went off to be a "bad" girl at some party.  That's what she does these days.  Not a day goes by that she isn't at some party being a bad girl.  It's a phase, I suppose.

Tonight's show was better - nice crowd, vocal, and I was much more at ease.  I only fumfered on one line (one I've never had a problem with before), and I mis-timed a couple of laughs, but then again, I got several nice laughs in unexpected places.  Best of all, the video worked fine.

I am glad to hear that things went well tonight!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #250 on: March 25, 2006, 11:31:23 PM »

And now, I must go to work, after which I'll be ushering for a local semi-professional production of "The Game of Love & Chance!" by Marivaux, translated by Stephen Wadsworth.  It should be quite good.

Until later. :)

It's now later and I'm home.  "The Game of Love & Chance" was very good and had incredible costumes and a wonderful set.  I'd highly recommend it, but tonight was the last performance.  Oh, well.  Anyway, let me just say, "There are a lot[/i] of words in this play!"  The actors also spoke quite quickly, but enunciated and projected so well that nothing was lost or misunderstood.  I can't imagine being in this kind of a play...all those words!  I don't know if I could do it.  I'd certainly love to try, but only if I had an understudy who had done the part already, so that if I couldn't, he could. ;)

It's going to take me a while to catch up on all the posts...I just logged in and I only got to the top of page 3. :)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 12:11:19 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #251 on: March 25, 2006, 11:32:04 PM »

Good news, BK!  It can only get better!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2006, 11:37:53 PM »

Glad to hear it, BK.

TPunk and I went to see a movie today. V FOR VENDETTA. I'll give it credit for being ambiguous, which counts as an achievement in today's cinema. And it was entertaining as well as insightful.  But it also suffered from delusions of grandeur. And a rationale that would really have pleased  Timothy McVeigh.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2006, 11:44:09 PM »

Here's a clichéd set-up from modern movies I can do without: It happens in any movie that is trying to convey some hero/anti-hero's effect on the general public.

You get 3-4 different locations where groups are watching events unfold on TV. The locations are always: A tavern where everyone in the place is watching the TV (looking up over the bar), an old-folks home, a random family at their house....

George

« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2006, 11:54:37 PM »

Hello, all! I've come back under a new name as there was a problem accessing the site with my old moniker....

Welcome back. :)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 11:58:07 PM by George »

George

« Reply #255 on: March 25, 2006, 11:56:19 PM »

Is that low key enough? ;)

George

« Reply #256 on: March 26, 2006, 12:12:15 AM »

I've finally caught up.  That is all. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up