Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I FELL ON MY ASS  (Read 111410 times)

Cillaliz

Re:I FELL ON MY ASS
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2006, 02:46:46 PM »

DR George, I read many reviews of THE ARISTOCRATS when it came out, and they were all mixed. It's a set up for a host of comedians to complete a joke any way they like and most of them make it the filthiest joke they can. It didn't sound appealing to me when I read the reviews, but I'll be interested in your take on it.

I saw it in Sioux City. It's a horribly filthy joke, but you get desensitized to that after awhile.  I thought it was funny, but I would never let my mother see it

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2006, 02:50:51 PM »

Phantom—The Las Vegas Spectacular Snags Broadway Stars Barrett and Crivello as Two Masked Men

Brent Barrett, the WSMA (World's Sexiest Man Alive in HHW lingo) is playing, in alternating performances with Anthony Crivello, the role of The Phantom in the newly retitled, "Phantom—The Las Vegas Spectacular." ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2006, 02:55:40 PM »

Funny Amazing Race last night.  Interesting challenges....and I am glad they are NOT making people EAT stuff....

Sad to lose the team that was eliminated, but they had a couple of chances to catch up and didn't take advantage of them....of course it didn't help that they had a delay they weren't counting on.

I won't miss them, although they aren't the team I would like to see be eliminated

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2006, 02:59:30 PM »

RE: last night's AMAZING RACE

I loved it. This season is really good.  I am liking the hippies a lot. They are really smart and so funny. Same with the boys.

I didn't care that the danielles lost. They were bugging me.  They were not resourceful, or good at directions. They ended up just following people, which really bugs me (when teams don't think on their own at all).

It was sort of weird that dentist yeller guy yielded them (vs the black team). But it was also sort of weird to me that he helped that team (which i thought was nice). I wonder if he had something against the danis.  

Also what was up with fran being so mean to the dentist yeller guy. Does she just hate him?  I get why she didn't want him and his wife to overhear their earlier flight. But she was quite mean to them. ANd then barry was also really mean to them (dentist guy) at the end. I mean fran and barry (does anyone else think their names are hilarious, think broadway!) were already at the pit stop. Why not be nice and help the team?

It was actually touching to see the team so far behind race ahead and not be eliminated. I did feel a little bad seeing the danis cry. But they should have been gone last week.

I wonder if the show will use more to be continueds vs non-elims. I certainly hope so!

I think Fran and Barry just don't like the way the dentist guy yells so much. (He's really a dentist? I wonder if he's a "Little Show of Horrors" type dentist! ) I don't like them. I'd love to see them eliminated

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2006, 03:02:38 PM »

The hippies are my favorites...BJ and I can't remember the other guy's name.

Hippies, Fran and Barry....

I like almost all of them. I don't like the frat boys or the yeller

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2006, 03:05:52 PM »

Neat?  Did you say "neat"?  Man!  I haven't heard anyone use that word in decades.  

That's a 60s word, isn't it?  Either 60s or 70s?

Of course, these things come and go...just like the people at Grand Hotel....

I say neat, cool, cool beans etc.....I haven't said groovy or far out for many many years

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2006, 03:08:15 PM »

yeppers

fiddlesticks
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2006, 03:08:25 PM »

I did not like TEACHERS at all. Watched about half of it and had to turn it off. I guess having been a teacher made me sensitive to the absurdity of all the stuff that was happening. I won't be watching it any more.

Sort of why I don't watch any of the crime or trial shows. They are all absurd compared to reality

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2006, 03:08:58 PM »

I also use cool beans...

Splendid

Craptastic (esp referring to  a certain daytime program.)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2006, 03:09:38 PM »

THE AMAZIN' RACE

SPOILERS  &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Funny send-off they got from Phil.  In effect, he said that they were the sluttiest women they ever had on the show.

Otherwise, I think it was the best episode in this race so far.  I really like the nail biting final task--wasn't all together sure who was going to be in last place during the last 15 minutes.

Definitely don't like the old folks.  Of all teams to pull attitude!  "Stay back. please!  Don't look at what we are doing!"  "Nope, can't tell you where the clue box is!"  What a couple of jerks!

LOL< I love the old folks!

George

« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2006, 03:10:48 PM »

I think Fran and Barry just don't like the way the dentist guy yells so much. (He's really a dentist? I wonder if he's a "Little Show of Horrors" type dentist! ) I don't like them. I'd love to see them eliminated

Speaking of Little Shop of Horrors, I'm actually going to see a local production, tonight!  I have a couple of friends in the cast and they are fabulous singers.  It should be a very good show. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2006, 03:11:53 PM »

Neat-o-peachy-keen! ;D

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2006, 03:13:33 PM »

Swell!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2006, 03:13:48 PM »

Well...just how OLD are they?  Older than...???????

Fran & Barry have known each other for 45 years and have been married for over 40. The proud parents of two children, this adventure-loving couple makes their home in Summit County, Colorado. Although they travel a lot, the word "vacation" is not a frequently used term in their home. They prefer to refer to their trips around the world as "adventure travel."

Fran, who is 61 years old, is a retired accountant who describes herself as having a positive outlook on life. Fran enjoys skiing, biking, and hiking and has climbed all of Colorado's 54 14ers, which are the Colorado mountain peaks that exceed 14,000 feet. Fran admits that she's running THE AMAZING RACE to show that "old people" can compete just as well as most 25 year olds.

Barry, who is 63 years old, thrives on challenging himself and loves to compete. A retired urologist and former battalion surgeon with the 173rd Airborne Brigade in Vietnam, Barry describes himself as outgoing and dependable. His biggest disappointment with regards to Fran was that she refused to bungee jump from a bridge in New Zealand. Although he does point out that she made good by agreeing to skydive.

Having traveled to more than 45 countries together, these high school sweethearts are hoping their previous traveling experience will give them an advantage over the other Teams.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2006, 03:16:43 PM »

My Arm Is Basically All Better.

Isn't that a play by George Bernard Shaw?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2006, 03:18:15 PM »

Watching LILITH.  Warren Beatty and Jean Seberg are almost unbearably attractive.  And I seem to remember reading years ago that Mr Beatty was sullen and nonresponsive to director Robert Rossen (making his LAST film) and extremely rude to Seberg - for some reason.

It is one STRANGE film to be sure.

THIS SPORTING LIFE is on TCM tonight.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2006, 03:19:14 PM »

My physical therapist told me my left foot has issues...lol, now there's a title for you

Cillaliz

« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2006, 03:20:58 PM »

The Hippies

BJ & Tyler are bohemian best buds who first met four years ago during the Semester at Sea program, where they shared the experience of sailing around the world. One of their most memorable moments was starting a dance party in the streets of downtown Guilin, China, which turned into a mass gathering of hundreds of Chinese men. They have been friends ever since, whether bouncing on trampolines at Burning Man or spontaneously swimming in the San Francisco Bay.

BJ is a graduate of Harvard University, while Tyler graduated from UC Santa Cruz after completing two semesters abroad--one in Hungary, the other in South Africa. Both have traveled the world extensively and speak several languages including Spanish and Japanese.

Both BJ & Tyler share a love of adventure, travel, and good times. After graduating from college, BJ moved to California to pursue surfing, karate and frisbee. Meanwhile, Tyler fell in love with a Japanese girl and decided to impress her by walking the 2000-mile length of Japan.

Their primary motivation for taking part in THE AMAZING RACE is to share in the adventure of racing around the world, meeting new people and, of course, winning $1 million.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2006, 03:21:58 PM »

I have some Irish sayings I use but I will not put then on the board.....a couple of htem are not repeatable in English

I also use 'most excellent'

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2006, 03:22:27 PM »

"I want to be a dentist...."

Lake & Michelle are a close-knit married couple from Hattiesburg, Mississippi. They met as freshmen in college and have been married for 13 years.

Lake is a dentist who has limited traveling experience outside of the United States. While he describes himself as energetic and motivated, Michelle notes that he's your typical Type A personality, very impatient and always looking for ways to do it better.

Michelle is a stay-at-home mother of three who works part-time in Lake's office. She claims that she's much more laid back than her husband and hopes this won't cause friction between the two while taking part on THE AMAZING RACE. Michelle sees herself as being loyal, kind and loving and is running the Race to prove to herself and Lake that she's capable of accomplishing things.

While Lake & Michelle are both aware of their personality differences, they feel they work well together and hope their differences will actually help them as they travel the world on the Race.

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2006, 03:24:17 PM »

The Nerds

David & Lori are a couple from Manhattan, Kansas who have been dating for three years. Although Lori is ready to get married, David would like to get his career off the ground before he ties the knot.

Describing himself as intelligent and compassionate, David has done little traveling, but is eager to explore the world. He received Bachelor's of Arts and Science degrees from Kansas State University. A musician who is very involved with his local underground music scene, David's many bands have released three full length CDs and have played in several local music festivals and venues across the country. His one phobia is heights.

An assistant manager at Pizza Hut, Lori says she is energetic, understanding and willing. She also believes herself to be more spontaneous than her partner, who is more reserved and likes to have a plan. Nevertheless, they look forward to working together as they travel around the world and learn about different cultures on THE AMAZING RACE.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2006, 03:24:21 PM »

you're cruisin' for a bruisin'

sez you!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2006, 03:27:38 PM »

Fran, who is 61 years old,
Barry, who is 63 years old,

And Dan (theMan) is calling them OLD?

:o
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2006, 03:33:12 PM »

Gotta love the hippies. I love their Bowling Moms shirts.. homage to a past TAR team

FJL

« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2006, 03:42:25 PM »

"Fran and Barry" - what those wacky Weisslers won't do to get publicity!

(a reference to very famous and controversial Broadway producers, Fran and Barry Weissler)

MBarnum

« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2006, 03:46:18 PM »

Neat?  Did you say "neat"?  Man!  I haven't heard anyone use that word in decades.  

That's a 60s word, isn't it?  Either 60s or 70s?

Wow, I use "neat" all the time. Maybe it is an still Oregonian thing....or maybe we are behind the times! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2006, 03:46:59 PM »

...or maybe I just never noticed that I am the only one who uses that word ???

MBarnum

« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2006, 03:49:06 PM »

The breakup of a Dean Martin and Jerry Lewistype comedy-music team was used as the basis of this murder story which featured the likes of Steve Lawrence, Buddy Hackett, Patricia Crowley, Sheree North, George Furth, Arte Johnson, AND playing the part of Steve Lawrence's son - George Clooney!

It is actually quite amazing to see the lists of guest stars for this show...especially when you realize how many of them are no longer around.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 04:00:51 PM by MBarnum »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2006, 03:50:59 PM »

Shipped one more package, and tomorrow I have to ship out some larger orders to mail order and online stores.

FJL

« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2006, 03:51:10 PM »

I probably won't end up doing a LESTAT report here from a "quality" perspective, since by committing to not doing one before seeing the show, I won't have to say anything at all if I don't love it.  I'll report back on the experience of seeing it, though.  I am of course rooting for it to have a long life, mainly because of DR Jose, and have heard that lots of good changes have gone in.   We are really looking forward to it, very excited about the show that awaits us in a little over an hour.

Does that make any sense?  :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up