Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I FELL ON MY ASS  (Read 110225 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I FELL ON MY ASS
« on: March 29, 2006, 12:04:06 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know who fell on their ass and why, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they just fell on their collective asses laughing about how you-know-who fell on his.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 12:07:13 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I FELL ON MY ASS
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 12:06:31 AM »

And the word of the day is: HOBBLEDEHOY!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 12:10:19 AM »

fingers are worn out from my posting frenzy... they have fallen asleep on the keyboard!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 12:28:19 AM »

I could always set up antoher photobucket account...

You could do that.  But also, if you find a picture on the internet that you want to use, you can right click (on a PC, I don't know about Macs) and save it somewhere on your computer.  Then when you reply to or quote a message (not in the "Quick-Reply" box at the bottom of a page), just above the "Post - Preview - Reset Form" buttons is a box that's labeled "Attach:" and a "Browse..." button.  Click "Browse" and find the picture file that you've saved, click on that file, then click "Open" and then "Post" your message.  HOWEVER you can't preview with the picture.  You can preview the text all you want but only "Attach" the picture when you're ready to "Post."  The thing that you can't do is make the picture move, like you can with a linked picture from another website.  Make sense?? :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 12:38:34 AM »

General comment - which I guess could be rephrased into a question!

Australians and Brits consider the use of the word "Ass" by Americans as a touch "precious". Does the word have a legitimacy in it's use as a synonym for arse or is it a colloquilism only?

Do Canadians use the term in the same way?

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 04:50:31 AM »

Good morning, all!  DRTomovoz, I hope this will help you out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arse

Today will be my first day back to the recording office, Babes, and Cinderella since Sunday.  We have now begun work on another Victor Herbert show, a version of Cinderella titled THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER, which Charles Dillinghman produced in 1912 with Elsie Janis, and Montgomery & Stone.  I'm trying to learn what I can now about the 1902 WIZARD OF OZ production since Montgomery & Stone became stars playing the Tin Woodman and the Scarecrow, and a lot of their 1912 material has references to Oz.  I've read the wonderful book OZ BEFORE THE RAINBOW several times, but I need to learn more about the score. Oy!

TOD: hmmmm . . .

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 05:24:46 AM »

HOBBLEDEHOY!

I believe it was/is a kids show aired in Canada.
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 06:06:30 AM »

Yesterday, after work, I went out and bought new work clothes, as the pants and shoes I've been buying so desperately needed replacing.

Today, I will show up at work wearing new pants, and new shoes, and a new t-shirt, and even new boxers!  Why, I shall practically feel like a new man!

But I intend to keep der Brucer, in spite of those feelings.

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 06:09:35 AM »

And the word of the day is: HOBBLEDEHOY!
I could swear that hobbledehoy is what they do when a streetwalker has been doing too much business, so they put a device much like a boot on her ankle.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 06:29:13 AM »

Yesterday, DearReaderLaura asked:
I have a question for the rest of the country -- when do you change your clocks? We don't do that here, so I never have to worry about it.
I rarely change my clocks, but have been known to do so when I get sick and tired of the design.

I don't thrown away the old clocks, however.  I keep them safely stored away in the basement.  (This is what is known as saving face.)

::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 06:46:07 AM »

Today is National Lemon Chiffon Cake Day.

Ben

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 06:53:19 AM »

The continent of Europe changed clocks for Daylight Saving this past Saturday, March 25th. We, in New York, change our clocks on Saturday, April 1st.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 07:03:09 AM »

~~~~~~~~~Rapid Recovery Vibes for BK~~~~~~~~~~~~
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 07:29:41 AM »

One method of making slippery walking surfaces less slippery is to sprinkle kitty litter on them.

I came by this information from some of my customers at the store.

There is no data, however, on whether the fresh-scent varieties of litter work better than the el cheapo kind.

(Feel better soon, esteemed BK.)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 07:45:20 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful day here, perfect spring weather with clear blue skies and temperatures in the low 70s. Glorious to be alive! Hope to have a walk later today.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 07:46:42 AM »

DR George, I read many reviews of THE ARISTOCRATS when it came out, and they were all mixed. It's a set up for a host of comedians to complete a joke any way they like and most of them make it the filthiest joke they can. It didn't sound appealing to me when I read the reviews, but I'll be interested in your take on it.

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 07:50:05 AM »

Well, tonight is the first time that I have FOUR (4) shows that I watch and greatly enjoy on at exactly the same time.

At 9 p.m. tonight I have LOST (ABC), LAW & ORDER (NBC), VERONICA MARS (UPN), and the AMERICAN IDOL results show (Fox).

LOST I will watch "live" with the over-the-air high definition signal. My DVR can record L&O and VERONICA MARS simultaneously. The VCR in the bedroom will record the 30 minute IDOL results show.

Whew!

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 07:52:17 AM »

Want to remind folks again that CBS has moved OUT OF PRACTICE and COURTING ALEX to 8-9 p.m. If you like either of these shows at all, you might want to remind yourself to catch them. If the ratings don't improve from last week's fourth place finish in the time slot, the shows will be long gone by fall.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 07:53:04 AM »

Did anyone watch the new sitcom TEACHERS last night? I recorded it and will likely get to it today at some point. It's on NBC.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 07:53:54 AM »

Bruce, non-pain vibes!

Jane

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 07:58:38 AM »

Matt H. one nice feature of TIVO, it catches the changes for us.

Las night we watched the funny opening of THE CLOSER (rerun for us so we turned it off) on TNT’s high definition station.   We didn’t know TNT had an HD channel until yesterday.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 08:00:34 AM »

Good Morning!

...And a Good Morning to newest DR jcollinsnyc.   Well, I guess newest DL - Dear Lurker - for now at least...

Come on!  Post - the water is fine.  If you need help with posting a post, I'm sure I could give you some pointers.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 08:05:54 AM »

Sorry for not posting last night, but I was having internet connection issues - the signal was being very wonky last night.  In any case...

Third preview went well.  And I felt very comfortable last night too - and we had a totally new orchestration for one song too!  Nothing like a group of musicians collectively sight-reading.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 08:07:19 AM »

The Lovely Wife and I started watching the Aristocrats while we were eating dinner  one night.  Very quickly into it we realize this was going to be gross for dinner-time fare and never went back to it.  I was very curious about the film...and get even get into gross upon occasion, but there was just something about this that I felt was going no where and after a couple comedians (Carlin, I think) had told the really foul, gross versions, I just didn't see how this could build anywhere that would actually be funny.  One of these days, I might return to it...but a warning!  This is not for the squeamish.

BK, I LOVE NO WAY TO TREAT A LADY.  But I'm just as crazy for the Kimmel-produced version of the musical No Way To Treat A Lady as well.  Very clever and funny musical.

Jane

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 08:09:33 AM »

Now that I have been to NY I should watch NO WAY TO TREAT A LADY again.  In fact I was thinking that very thought yesterday (not the NY part, just was in the mood to see the movie).

Jane

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2006, 08:11:10 AM »

DakotaCelt I enjoyed your photos, especially the black and white of the trees, the flood photos and the harvesters.

George I have never seen anyone build the balancing stones, cool.  Darn, I wish I could remember what those things are called.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2006, 08:12:47 AM »

Matt H. one nice feature of TIVO, it catches the changes for us.

Las night we watched the funny opening of THE CLOSER (rerun for us so we turned it off) on TNT’s high definition station.   We didn’t know TNT had an HD channel until yesterday.

Yes, my DVR does that, too. Of course, not everyone is fortunate enough to have these devices hence my alert.

That opening of THE CLOSER was priceless (G.W. Bailey was always one of the only bright lights in those awful POLICE ACADEMY movies, so he's been a favorite for a long time.)

Not only are TNT's broadcasts in HD, but on older LAW & ORDER episodes produced before they were filmed in high definition, they have upconverted the film, and it honestly looks as good as the more recent HD broadcasts. Amazing what technology can achieve now!

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2006, 08:17:24 AM »

I see that those sets of classic films by Marlene Dietrich, Mae West, and Carole Lombard are coming out next week, each priced less than $20 for the set! Remarkable bargains and highly recommended!

THE NUN'S STORY, one of my all-time favorites, also comes out next week on DVD. I have watched my full frame laserdisc for many years, so I am chomping at the bit to actually get this mastered in its proper aspect ratio and enhanced for widescreened TVs.

Add BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN and LIZA WITH A 'Z' to the mix, and there's a terrific amount of  great items being released next week. (And I didn't even mention MONA LISA, SHOES OF THE FISHERMAN, NARNIA, etc.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 08:19:45 AM by Matt H. »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 08:18:07 AM »

Since I just watched "American Idol" via the DVR...

Lisa - ugh.
Ace - Stop whining!  *However, his wrap up clip from the rehearsal sounded much better.
Bucky - Better than last week, but still...
Chris - It would be great if he did end up pulling "My Heart Will Go On" out of his sleeve. ;)
Kelly - Boring.
Taylor - Just OK.
Katharine - "Best vocal of the night" - hmm.. ??? :-\
Paris - I liked it, I guess.
Mandisa - Sort of too "easy" for her tonight/last night.
Elliott - :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2006, 08:19:21 AM »

I suspect the TNT HD station is a recent addition for us, hard to imagine I missed it but then anything is possible.

I mistakenly thought company was arriving on Friday instead of Saturday.  Gives me an extra day to get over whatever I have.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up