Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I FELL ON MY ASS  (Read 110275 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:I FELL ON MY ASS
« Reply #270 on: March 29, 2006, 08:13:37 PM »

Anybody heard of the telly series called "Moccasin Flats"?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #271 on: March 29, 2006, 08:13:57 PM »

Page 10 Dance!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #272 on: March 29, 2006, 08:51:23 PM »

We are also fans of BOSTON LEGAL.  The show is very funny.

Last year, BOSTON LEGAL was entered in the dramatic categories at the Emmys where Spader and Shatner both won in their respective categories. I read that this year, producer David E. Kelley is planning to submit the show in the comedy categories instead since there are many fewer competing shows. It should do very well this year with the nominating committees.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #273 on: March 29, 2006, 08:54:40 PM »

For some reason tonight, I put in the DVD of MY FAIR LADY and watched various musical numbers while waiting for network TV to begin. Maybe I just never paid much attention before, but the sound is a real mess on the new DVD issue. You've got all this echo coming our of the rear channels. In their efforts to give this a Dolby 5.1 soundtrack, it's just not very well done. I might need to take out my laserdisc and see if the Dolby Prologic track is similar.

Matt H.

« Reply #274 on: March 29, 2006, 08:56:06 PM »

Enjoyed BONES tonight. As they've been doing for several episodes now, we're getting bits and pieces of backstories on the lab assistants during the show, and I'm enjoying getting to know them in more depth.

Matt H.

« Reply #275 on: March 29, 2006, 08:57:19 PM »

LOST had a superb episode full of breathtaking tension, some laughs, and the fascinating continuing story of John Locke. Such an amazing show!

Matt H.

« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2006, 08:58:32 PM »

THE EVIDENCE had a surprising episode that included some gay themes within the context of the show. Really came out of nowhere and greatly surprised (and delighted) me. I enjoyed the show quite a bit tonight, more so than last week's pilot episode.

FJL

« Reply #277 on: March 29, 2006, 09:00:17 PM »

Quite a day at the theater seeing THREEPENNY OPERA in the afternoon and LESTAT in the evening.  But the true highlight of the day had to be seeing DR Jose in a real Broadway orchestra pit, to which he came down to say hi to Skip and me at intermission.  (Just happened that one of Jose's colleagues, to whom Jose introduced us, had played for Skip's TIME AND AGAIN in San Diego, so that was fun as well.)  

OK, I said I won't say anything from a "quality" perspective about LESTAT, but I will say that i just looked back at some of LESTAT's San Francisco reviews, and from what's on the stage at the Palace now, you'd never believe that this show (2 hours and 35 minutes, but which breezed along like a show under 2 hours) was the same basic piece as the one that got the San Franscisco reviews - in fact, they seem to have taken some of the major reviews to heart and used the tryout reviews the way MOVIN' OUT had apparently used their out-of-town reviews, as a constructive springboard to create a show that could well be a success.  My only concerns are (a) that Bernie Taupin's totally intentional (and not even remotely lazy) use of pop near-rhymes might come under criticism, as ear-tickling as they are and (b) well, how can I put this delicately - the show's content is extremely gay-friendly, and some people in our vicinity were heard to go "ewww" at the sight of two men kissing - I had to check my Playbill to asusure myself that this was New York and this was 2006.  As to clarity of the show, there were only two plot points I didn't follow, and I had them explained to me, but otherwise not knowing the novels was not a detriment.     A lovely evening, and both of us can't wait to see it again in a few weeks!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 09:04:15 PM by FJL »

Matt H.

« Reply #278 on: March 29, 2006, 09:01:20 PM »

As for IDOL, the person who went home needed to go home. The wake-up call for the fans of the next-to-the-bottom finisher couldn't be clearer. Sad to say, the person who finished third from the bottom actually seemed resigned to leaving and will in all likelihood be next.

Matt H.

« Reply #279 on: March 29, 2006, 09:03:38 PM »

Nice to read, DR FJL, that work has taken place on LESTAT. When hit musicals open and run, it gives many of us who love them reason to come back to the city to see them.

MBarnum

« Reply #280 on: March 29, 2006, 09:23:46 PM »

Just finished watching a very scary movie called MUTE WITNESS (1994).  Not the sort of film I normally watch but this one happens to star my interviewee Diana Darrin's son, Evan Richards. Evan will be in Portland in two weeks showing his movie (he is now an independent filmmaker) at a film festival at the old Laurelhurst Theater.

Of course Diana Darrin has become a dear, sweet friend and I am excited to be able to finally meet her son...he was a kid actor back in the 80s (Mama Malone TV series, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure TV series, DOWN AND OUT IN BEVERLY HILLS movie and TV series).

Anyway, I had never seen any of Evan's films and thought I should view a few of them....he is one heck of a funny actor...and I mean that in a good way...and although this movie scared the bejeebers out of me, it was very entertaining!

MBarnum

« Reply #281 on: March 29, 2006, 09:25:03 PM »

I have DOWN AND OUT IN BEVERLY HILLS coming to me via Netflix.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #282 on: March 29, 2006, 09:27:08 PM »

Good Evening!

DR FJL - :)

And it was a pleasure seeing you and Skip again too.

Btw, it was a really good audience tonight - at least "you" sounded good through the house feed.  You got the humor and knew that it was OK to laugh.

*Now we just need to "fix" the wine bottle.  Let's just say, that, thankfully, no instrumentalists nor instruments were hurt/damaged.  Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #283 on: March 29, 2006, 09:29:46 PM »

Well...  I'm actually a bit sleepy already, so...  Off to the Land of the Wussburgers I go....

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #284 on: March 29, 2006, 09:29:55 PM »

Headed downstairs now for bed.

Enjoy the rest of the evening!

Good night, all!

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #285 on: March 29, 2006, 10:17:32 PM »

Just caught up with the posts. Congrats on the **record breaking month**! Glad to have been a small part of it.

Skamen! I'll be missing the HHW Deceit gathering on Friday. I'm set to attend on Saturday. Close but no cigar. However, I was there for the opening on Friday the 13th. It's only fitting that I should be there for the closing on April Fools Day. Looking forward to it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #286 on: March 29, 2006, 10:27:11 PM »

Finished King Kong, Peter Jackson style.  There are two things that work in this film: Naomi Watts and Mr. Kong.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #287 on: March 29, 2006, 10:42:25 PM »

Found another movie for my paper: Dreamkeeper..... Have to go talk nice tomorrow to the public library...

They do not like people from the academic library....
I will put on my best charm!!

I send good technology vibes for tomorrow bk!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #288 on: March 29, 2006, 11:01:38 PM »

Little Shop of Horrors was quite good tonight.  My friends Raney played Audrey and Melissa played one of the urchins.  They both have kick-ass voices and are wonderful actors. ;D The guy playing Seymour was appropriately "stylized," funny and touching.  Mushnik was okay and the guy playing Orin, et. al., is a Playhouse regular and was pretty good, but not quite as good as the part requires.  The rest of the production was pretty good, too.  The next show that they do is Urinetown.  THAT will be interesting. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #289 on: March 29, 2006, 11:11:10 PM »

Someday I would like to see the theatrical version of it. I have seen the film.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #290 on: March 29, 2006, 11:16:21 PM »

In doing my research, soem things have baffled me....

1. The fact that I live in ND and we have a sizeable Native American population, material is sometimes hard to come by, at least timely stuff concerning film, education and health. Lots of historical material but not a lot of current material is readily available. I have had to order a lot through ILL..

2. LOTS of stuff on the Metis, Ojibwa and The affiliated tribes but limited info on the Sioux. Very Ironic!!

George

« Reply #291 on: March 29, 2006, 11:20:09 PM »

Someday I would like to see the theatrical version of it. I have seen the film.

Have you ever seen the original Roger Corman 1960s movie?  It's pretty bad, but in a cheezy, "I like it that way" kind of way. ;)  

Anyway, the stage production is based on the original Roger Corman movie...and has the same ending as the original Roger Corman movie.  In other words, the movie musical has a "happy ending" that was changed from the stage version.  Just be prepared. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #292 on: March 29, 2006, 11:25:17 PM »

Well, I have to go now.  At work, we have a staff meeting in the morning, at a time when I'm usually asleep, so I need to sleep now.  Goodnight, DakotaCelt. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #293 on: March 29, 2006, 11:31:31 PM »

Have you ever seen the original Roger Corman 1960s movie?  It's pretty bad, but in a cheezy, "I like it that way" kind of way. ;)  

Anyway, the stage production is based on the original Roger Corman movie...and has the same ending as the original Roger Corman movie.  In other words, the movie musical has a "happy ending" that was changed from the stage version.  Just be prepared. ;D

No, i have not seen that one. I saw the version iwth Martin Short (I think that was his name) it was back in the 80s.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #294 on: March 29, 2006, 11:35:19 PM »

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0091419/

This is the version i have seen... It came out in 86?  That was 20 yrs ago... and I saw it in the theatre then!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #295 on: March 29, 2006, 11:35:51 PM »

Niters George!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #296 on: March 29, 2006, 11:53:45 PM »

I'm the only one in the jernt?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #297 on: March 29, 2006, 11:54:04 PM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #298 on: March 29, 2006, 11:54:30 PM »

It would be unseemly to be this close to 300 postings and not get there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #299 on: March 29, 2006, 11:54:50 PM »

Hence, I shall take it upon myself to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up