Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FOOLS RUSH IN  (Read 17698 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:FOOLS RUSH IN
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2006, 02:09:44 AM »

George... I was pulling your leg! <G>
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2006, 02:11:13 AM »

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2006, 02:12:02 AM »

a little draconic song and dance dude
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2006, 02:12:38 AM »

have you met Matt?

Someday I would but with my luck I doubt it will ever happen.

George

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2006, 02:13:32 AM »

I'd never heard of him before BK mentioned that he was cast in "Deceit."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2006, 02:13:54 AM »

George, like the dragon?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2006, 02:14:56 AM »

I'd never heard of him before BK mentioned that he was cast in "Deceit."

I have been a fan of Matts since he was on Search for Tomorrow.

I am a huge fan also of Pierce Brosnan, Liam Neeson and a number of other actors.

George

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2006, 02:17:12 AM »

George, like the dragon?

Very cute! :)

George

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2006, 02:18:36 AM »

Well, we've certainly had a frenzy!  We're on Page 2!!  But I must be going.  Good night, DakotaCelt!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2006, 02:19:14 AM »

Very cute! :)

I thought he was a perfect dragon for using here with it being musical theatre and all.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2006, 02:20:10 AM »

Pleasant dreams George!!

George

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2006, 02:22:08 AM »

You too! 8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2006, 05:37:45 AM »

Congrats to DRGINNY on getting the job she already has!

Sounds like DECEIT had some excitement last night - onstage AND off.  Was la femme intoxique sitting near DR LAURA and DR PENNYO?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2006, 05:37:55 AM »

Heading for working today!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2006, 05:38:34 AM »

Just read the news that FOX has finally admitted that there is a huge fraud problem with the voting on American Idol this season, and they are bringing back all the final 24 to start all over.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2006, 05:38:47 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA.

April Fool!

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2006, 06:31:12 AM »

April Fools' Day greetings!  This morning I'm off with my girlfriends to

Dayton Art Institute

for the Princess Diana exhibit.

I should be able to check back in with y'all between that and going to Franklin High School to see our niece Lauren play Fruma-Sarah in Fiddler on the Roof.

Bye for now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2006, 06:40:03 AM »

Good morning!

Happy April Fool's Day!!!

It rained before I got up this morning (the plastic encasing my newspaper was drenched), but now it looks to be on the way to becoming a beautiful spring day with highs near 80.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2006, 06:41:33 AM »

Just read the news that FOX has finally admitted that there is a huge fraud problem with the voting on American Idol this season, and they are bringing back all the final 24 to start all over.

I knew this was a joke because they'd NEVER admit there was anything wrong with the voting. Never in a zillion years.

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2006, 06:42:48 AM »

I have to admit I had never heard of Matt Ashford either before DECEIT, but I noticed his name in the Soap News section of TV GUIDE the other day saying he was coming back to, I guess, DAYS OF OUR LIVES.

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2006, 06:46:04 AM »

My stock brokerage sent me an updated statement of last year's transactions, so I spent this morning entering the new information and redoing my tax return.

Since I owed some on both federal and state, I hadn't sent anything yet, so no harm, no foul, but I was really angry when that new revised statement came in the mail this week. One reason I held off even working on my taxes was this very reason. Last year, they sent in an update during the first week or March. This year, it was the LAST week of March. Once I do these awful things, I want it to be over and done with, not to have to think about it for another year.

Can't complain too much, however. The revisions meant I owed less money, so I guess it's worth the distress.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2006, 06:48:06 AM »

I still have MY NAME IS EARL from Thursday night to watch today, and the DVR captured THE BEAUTIFUL BLONDE FROM BASHFUL BEND off the Fox Movie Channel this morning. Haven't seen that in decades.

Matt H.

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2006, 06:49:09 AM »

Just a reminder that LIZA WITH A 'Z' comes on SHowtime tonight at 8. If you have cable or satellite at all, you can watch it since this is "free preview" weekend at Showtime, and it's open to all with access to their signal.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2006, 06:50:23 AM »

Oh, that's not an April Fool's Day joke either. Showtime really IS free this weekend.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2006, 07:07:01 AM »

Good morning, all!  After CONVICTION, which has me still unconvinced, I went to bed, only to be awoken by nausea and cramps around midnight.  I spent around a total of 3 hours with all hell erupting and today I feel quite lousy.  Whatever I had for dinner didn't agree with me, sad to say, and I'm staying quite close to home for today, in case it's a virus and not contaminated lettice.

I have no plans, so I'll be a total couch potato, read some more of THE PARTY OF THE CENTURY and MOZART AND HIS OPERAS, and clear out the Netflix titles.

TOD:  I have never, to my faulty memory, played an April Fool's joke, and as for the day itself, I make a fool of myself publicly around 363 days already.  Who needs a special day?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2006, 07:14:16 AM »

Good morning! The girls are still sleeping.  They had a blast last night.  I learned a lot about hot boys and some new teenage lingo and also that when you go through a yellow light you tap the dashboard and hit the inside roof of the car to get "sex points"  good heavens.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2006, 07:15:13 AM »

The cats have thoroughly enjoyed having company. Of course they were doted on and told how beautiful and handsome they are. What's not to like.

Cillaliz

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2006, 07:16:13 AM »

Here's a link to the review of the concert last night. I really do agree with it

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/articles/2006/04/01/entertainment/local/33d9a00783ea5eee86257143001d6cf2.txt

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2006, 07:52:28 AM »

Looks like it might be a pretty day here... somewhat cloudy - big fluffy ones - and patches of blue. Fingers crossed! I move into the loft today, for the whole month of April!!!

Wow, I had a good time at DECEIT last night. Yes, the strange, howling, drunk madwoman was quite near to DR Laura and me. Just to our left. First thing I noticed about her was her VERY resonant voice. It should happen to me!!! Deep, mellow, lustrous, LOUD! Her stage whisper was a locomotive moving through the theater... but her vocalisms! Oh, my, instant envy in my pipsqueak larynx!! You could do outdoor Shakespeare with a stimme like that!

She seemed quite happy. Her laugh was more than melifluous. It required the assistance of two people to walk her outa there.

OK, so tonight I have several friends attending the last show with me. One is my sister Rikki. One is Felice Black, who was the Goatseller in a production of The World of Sholem Aleichem which Bruce was in, over a hundred years ago. You WERE in that show, weren't you, Bruce??? Anyhow, Felice is coming.

And now, to pack...
PennyO

Danise

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2006, 07:59:30 AM »

Morning all.  I'd better say that today because tomorrow at this time it will almost be noon!  

I like the fact that it will be lighter in the evenings but I sure do hate to give up one of my hours on the weekend.

I've never really played an Aprils Fool joke on anyone nor do I remember ever having one played on me.  At least none come to mind.  I also feel I tend to make a fool out of myself without some special day.

The only thing I do know about April Fools was that it used to be the New Year on a calendar until someone switched it to January 1st.  The people who refused to change were dupped "April Fools" and had tricks played on them.  

I'm sure that if I did some internet research, I could come up with the reference but I'm to lazy.  

In the meantime:

« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 08:00:06 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up