Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS  (Read 26204 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2006, 07:35:11 AM »

It rained a-l-l n-i-g-h-t- l-o-n-g here!

It sounded terrific pattering against the skylight in my master bath, but I can't help worrying what it's done to folks living in the hills.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 07:36:19 AM »

I'm up.

I'm a bit better than I was this time yesterday.

I'm certainly more rested.

So..."Heigh-Ho! Heigh-Ho! It's off to work I go!"
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 07:46:52 AM »

Cool here today, but the sun is SHINING.  No mail yet, hoping to receive a thing or two.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2006, 08:18:21 AM »

Penny, here is a re-sized version of the picture. If you right click with your mouse on that picture and choose "Save as..." option you can save the picture as a jpeg anywhere on your computer.

Uh... this "right click" thing... I've heard that before, but I don't know what it means. Something very Not Mac about it...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006, 08:20:22 AM »

But I do appreciate your help... if only I had the tech chops to use it...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2006, 08:22:29 AM »

Hey, WOW! The sun is shining here! It's this wad of yellow light all over the place! Warm, yellow light! Imagine that!!!!! Nice day for a drive - think I'll head over to Riverside to hand-deliver my application!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2006, 08:23:12 AM »

So THAT's what the sky looks like, after days and days of grey and rain... ya mighta thought this was Seattle or something... or Hawaii...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2006, 08:24:12 AM »

Didja read about the truly biblical rains in Hawaii??? Yup - 40 days and 40 nights of rain. The beaches are closed for all the raw sewage, apparently. Oh, well, does ANYONE actually go to Hawaii in March and April??
PennyO

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2006, 08:24:26 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful day here but colder than I was expecting. When I went out to get the newspaper, I had on shorts, and I fear they'll be replaced by sweat pants before too much more of the morning has past.

I got all my chores tended to this morning but I am at least an hour later logging on than usual.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2006, 08:24:30 AM »

A former co-worker sent this along this morning.  I thought it funny, so I'm sharing:

70-year old George went for his annual physical.  All of his tests came back with normal results.  Dr. Smith said, "George, everything looks great physically. How are you doing mentally and emotionally?  Are you at peace with yourself, and do you have a good relationship with God?"

George replied, "God and me are tight. He knows I have poor eyesight, so He's fixed it so that when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom *poof* the light goes on, when I'm done *poof* the light goes off."

"Wow!" commented Dr. Smith, "That's incredible!"
A little later in the day Dr. Smith called George's wife.  "Ethel," he said, "George is doing fine.  Physically he's great.  But, I had to call because I'm in awe of his relationship with God.  Is it true that he gets up during the night and *poof* the light goes on in the bathroom, and then when he is through *poof* the light goes off?"

Ethel exclaimed, "Oh, my God!  He's peeing in the refrigerator again!"

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2006, 08:24:45 AM »

And 5 more posts to 900...
PennyO

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2006, 08:25:28 AM »

I got all my chores tended to this morning but I am at least an hour later logging on than usual.

My best wishes for your coping mechanisim!

:D

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2006, 08:26:16 AM »

Hey, Bruce, as long as it's Ask BK Day... where is the reading of the new musical happening, and can anyone attend??? I'd sure love to hear it on the first bounce... I could say I was there, at the very first read-thru...
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2006, 08:28:55 AM »

To answer DR Ron Pulliam's question fromm last night about MEDIUM:

It's not in any danger of cancellation. NBC has found that it doesn't rerun as strongly as procedurals like LAW & ORDER or CSI. It's odd that it doesn't because the episodes are pretty much self-contained and you can watch them out of order to no detrimental effect.

So, NBC is using that Monday hour to try new things in that time slot to see how they fare against CSI: MIAMI which rules the roost at 10 p.m.

With NBC gaining nighttime pro football next season (which will be shown on Sunday), they've got some major schedule shake-ups to deal with for at least the first half of the season. I am really looking forward to the announcement of their fall schedule which is coming next month at the network upfront meetings.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2006, 08:31:18 AM »

I should be getting my Amazon packages today which means I will be watching BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN this afternoon. THE NUN'S STORY will probably be tomorrow's selection. The Dietrich and West films can wait their turns.

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2006, 08:32:19 AM »

My best wishes for your coping mechanisim!

:D

And I'm glad you're feeling better and can go to work. Well, work is no fun, so I'll just leave it with I'm glad you're feeling better.   :)

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2006, 08:36:06 AM »

I just started a new read yesterday - Natalie Goldberg's WILD MIND, Living the Writer''s Life. She's the lady who wrote WRITING DOWN THE BONES - - I am a fan. I love books about writing... I've read three books by Anne Lamott - she's REAL good... I recommend her so highly. And, of course, Julia Cameron. Anything by her. But I've bought THE ARTIST'S WAY for more than a dozen friends, and insist you check it out of the library to give it a look-see.

These writers are very affirming. Creating art - any kind, writing, painting, singing, anything - for all the zen pleasure and fullfillment, can be isolating, lonely. These writers offer a little companionship on that path. Encouragement. Even a "misery-loves-company" empathy. And they don't stay for dinner, or get offended when you don't get back to them for weeks and weeks, or keep talking when you need silence. Now, there's a perfect friendship for ya.
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2006, 08:37:01 AM »

I read some comments on the IDOL forum at USA TODAY where folks are predicting Taylor is going to be the one leaving tonight after his underwhelming rendition last night.

True, he was not the Taylor of the previous weeks' competitions. He must have been under the weather because he seemed immobile, petrified of the song (which he shouldn't have been), and totally lacking energy or spark or even a smile.

But to be voted off? I don't think so. Besides, as has been the case the last several weeks, his line was busy for a good portion of the voting time. So was Katharine. Ace had a busy signal longer than Elliott did. So, I think just about anyone is vulnerable at this point. I just think Bucky seems the most obvious to leave since he didn't soar during a week that should have been a snap for him, and he has been in the bottom three often (but not last week surprisingly). Ace may be in trouble, too, even though I thought he FAR outshown much better singers last night.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2006, 08:38:13 AM »

Penny, here is a re-sized version of the picture. If you right click with your mouse on that picture and choose "Save as..." option you can save the picture as a jpeg anywhere on your computer. Make sure you remember where you save it. You can save it to your desktop or a specific folder. Then you can go into "Edit Profile" and replace your current picture with the new one (very striking picture I might add).

Who is that beautiful woman?  She looks familiar.

I looked out the window and it's snowing.  Be very careful what you wish for.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2006, 08:41:01 AM »

Another cuppa java and I'll have the mobility and energy to hop in ye olde shower and get on with my day. The drive to Riverside will probably be an hour and a half - if I get lucky and miss traffic. Means I have a whole afternoon, once I get back, to putter around, check out the neighborhood - hit the gym... Yes! this loft comes with free gym privileges!! Huzzah! There's a dog park a block away, too, for when I just need to pet the puppies! Oh, whatta life!
PennyO

Ben

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2006, 08:41:34 AM »

Sorry, Penny. I assumed that you were PC, but you are Mac. I know there are Mac-ers out here. Help Penny! I provided the picture. You provide the instructions  :)

Maybe Bruce can help you now that he's a Mac-o-phile
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 08:42:24 AM by Ben »

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2006, 08:41:36 AM »

Dlmo!! good morning, Dear Boy!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2006, 08:42:20 AM »

Uh, that should be

GOOD MORNING ELMO!!! As in Elmore! L Moore. Elmo!!!!
PennyO

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2006, 08:42:44 AM »

Sorry, Penny. I assumed that you were PC, but you are Mac. I know there are Mac-ers out here. Help Penny! I provided the picture. You provide the instructions  :)

Maybe Bruce can help you now that he's a Mac-o-phile

I just sent her the photo as an attachment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2006, 08:43:26 AM »

Uh, that should be

GOOD MORNING ELMO!!! As in Elmore! L Moore. Elmo!!!!

Howdy, my poor confused li'l darlin'!

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2006, 08:43:45 AM »

Ben, you are so understanding. I am SO helpless with all the tech stuff. For me, a computer is basically a typewriter that somehow gets mail...
PennyO

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2006, 08:44:20 AM »

Ben, you are so understanding. I am SO helpless with all the tech stuff. For me, a computer is basically a typewriter that somehow gets mail...

DR PennyO, check your email.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2006, 08:45:02 AM »

But to be voted off? I don't think so.

I think you're quite right.  But last season, who would have thought Constantine would be voted off when he was?

That one performance in which he wore some makeup to "goth it up" elicited criticism on the boards...and "poof"!  He was gone.

Still, there are better choices to make right now....

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2006, 08:45:25 AM »

Hey, actually I do have that photo on this thing, already. In three different formats. I just can't get it to do anything... I'll have some kind visitor put the thing up at some point.
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2006, 08:45:38 AM »

I have a normal mouse so I can right click despite having a Mac.  I do have a Mac mouse for travel and if I recall correctly you have to push one of the keyboard keys and then click the mouse.

I Have A Normal Mouse - that's the title of my next novel.

I think I managed to sleep another hour, but am not sure.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up