Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS  (Read 26129 times)

Jennifer

Re:A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2006, 08:46:47 AM »

DR George, we don't get HBO in Canada or I would tape the Rosie cruise movie for you.  However, if DR MattH cannot record it, let me know.  It is playing on the movie channel next week and I can have my sister tape it (probably).

Btw, TAR is on tonight at 8pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2006, 08:48:42 AM »

Besides, as has been the case the last several weeks, his line was busy for a good portion of the voting time. So was Katharine. Ace had a busy signal longer than Elliott did. So, I think just about anyone is vulnerable at this point.

I'm kinda perplexed why folks are so certain busy signals mean a lot.  I guess, overall, they might give an indication of who is getting the votes....but I rather suspect the folks using phones are fewer than the folks text messaging...at least...the number of votes being text-messaged are probably greater than the number of votes being phoned in.

By phone, I had to satisfy myself voting a few times for my favorite in years past.

With text-messaging, I cast 110 votes last night...in about one-half hour.  And Cingular to Cingular, it cost me nothing.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2006, 08:50:26 AM »

DR George, we don't get HBO in Canada or I would tape the Rosie cruise movie for you.  

I suddenly had strange images flash through my mind as I read the words "Rosie cruise"....it reminded me of the fits Rosie used to pitch on her show over her infatuation for Tom Cruise (and dontcha just WONder what THAT was all about?).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2006, 08:50:45 AM »

Wednesday it's-still-morning greetings!  I'm at work a little early because I had several stops to make on the way and didn't know how long they would take.  One of them was Target to purchase the Liza with a Z DVD, with which I got a $5 gift card for future use.

DR PennyO - I think Command (the Apple squiggle)-Shift-Click does on a Mac what right click does on a PC.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2006, 08:51:24 AM »

Re: last night's american idol.

I hope it's bucky that goes, since he is my least favorite of those who remain. My first instincts are that it could be ace, bucky and mandissa in the bottom 3. I would be surprised if bucky was not in the bottom 3. I would also be surprised (shocked) if taylor went home.

I think chris and kellie are popular enough to be safe. But i do think we will see at least one surprise in the bottom 3. There just has to be with only 9 left.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2006, 08:52:48 AM »

I think you're quite right.  But last season, who would have thought Constantine would be voted off when he was?

That one performance in which he wore some makeup to "goth it up" elicited criticism on the boards...and "poof"!  He was gone.

Still, there are better choices to make right now....

I agree; that was probably the biggest shock of the competition last year. He looked weird but sang just fine. He was voted against for a make-up choice. Stupid. (I'm not sure he had ever even been in the bottom three up to that point.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2006, 08:53:06 AM »

DR RonP do you really think more people text in their votes (vs phone). I thought the number of phone calls would far outweigh the text votes. Although i guess if it were free then i would surely text (assuming i was allowed to vote).

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2006, 08:55:14 AM »

I'm kinda perplexed why folks are so certain busy signals mean a lot.  I guess, overall, they might give an indication of who is getting the votes....but I rather suspect the folks using phones are fewer than the folks text messaging...at least...the number of votes being text-messaged are probably greater than the number of votes being phoned in.

By phone, I had to satisfy myself voting a few times for my favorite in years past.

With text-messaging, I cast 110 votes last night...in about one-half hour.  And Cingular to Cingular, it cost me nothing.

Here's something else I tried last night. I tried calling the numbers on my cellphone during one of the breaks, and on that service, most everyone had a busy signal. I got through to Bucky and Paris using the cellphone, but no one else. During that same commercial break, I used my land line and only Taylor and Katharine had busy signals.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2006, 08:57:14 AM »

I suddenly had strange images flash through my mind as I read the words "Rosie cruise"....it reminded me of the fits Rosie used to pitch on her show over her infatuation for Tom Cruise (and dontcha just WONder what THAT was all about?).

After she came out as a lesbian, she claimed those feelings for Tom were genuine fan adulation not a put-on to hide behind him as her having a crush on a man, but I didn't quite buy her story.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2006, 08:57:43 AM »

There's a wonderful interview with Rosie in the new NEW YORK magazine that hit the stands on Monday.  She talks about Mr Cruise's behavior.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2006, 09:01:13 AM »

Well, I'm heading down now to get some lunch fixed and then settle in with some DVD watching.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2006, 09:11:30 AM »

DR RonP do you really think more people text in their votes (vs phone). I thought the number of phone calls would far outweigh the text votes. Although i guess if it were free then i would surely text (assuming i was allowed to vote).

One reason I think text-messaging might be more significant than call-in is that on the IdolonFox boards, someone is always posting something about some site where the latest telephone results are posted.....and the total numbers the so-called telephonic results add up to are generally well below half of the total votes Ryan says were cast.

Mind you, no one has ever posted a link to where they get those telephone call-in numbers, so it may be something someone is making up.

But...since most voters are teens...and most teens have cell phones...and since it's far easier to text-message than it is to dial a 1-866 number and cast a vote...I wouldn't be a bit surprised if text-messaged votes weren't a significant factor in the totals.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2006, 09:13:32 AM »

There's a wonderful interview with Rosie in the new NEW YORK magazine that hit the stands on Monday.  She talks about Mr Cruise's behavior.

That ought to be rich!   I don't suppose she talks about that hair style she sported after her TV talk show ended?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2006, 09:25:18 AM »

I think I am going to scan some things.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2006, 09:45:43 AM »

Dan - Thanks for the Philly weather report.  I'm off to Philly for the day in a few hours and will bring appropriate attire for the weather.

It's c-o-o-o-o-o-l-l-l-l-d here!  I was out for lunch and I froze.  

Of course, it didn't help that over the weekend I took the thermal lining out of my jacket.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2006, 09:52:34 AM »

Sorry, Penny. I assumed that you were PC, but you are Mac. I know there are Mac-ers out here. Help Penny! I provided the picture. You provide the instructions  :)

Maybe Bruce can help you now that he's a Mac-o-phile

Ben, you (or any PC user here) can add the pic.  Then, DR PennyO, you can select it as your avatar, should you so wish.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2006, 09:58:01 AM »

Thanks for the information Dan. I didn't know that. Do you just click on "Upload own picture" and then it's put in the file of available jpgs?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2006, 10:00:42 AM »

Thanks for the information Dan. I didn't know that. Do you just click on "Upload own picture" and then it's put in the file of available jpgs?

Yep.  And then DR PennyO can select it.  We can all use whatever pic is in that list.  You can be me and I can be you and we can all be each other and we are all together.  

Coo coo cah-choo.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2006, 10:05:14 AM »

I just had Chinese food for lunch. My fortune cookie says:  

"You are gifted in many ways."

My lucky numbers are:

19  6  43  38  27  44
-- Anaïs Nin

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2006, 10:08:49 AM »

Good morning/afternoon. The sun was out for an hour or two - and luckily I did my morning walk during that time. Now it's dark and raining again.

Had a lovely dinner last night at the neighborhood French joint. Excellent salad, followed by delish French onion soup with a glass of Chardonnay. (A light meal as my tummy was acting up from too much coffee during the day.) Good unobtrusive service. The waiter was there if we needed him, but wasn't checking in every 5 minutes to interrupt conversation with "Is everything okay here?" Can't stand that! We closed the place down. (In LA that means 10 PM. An early town.) Will visit again for more substantial fare.

RE DTM's jingle question: My ex-husband was a jingle doctor, among other things. He'd come in and do emergency surgery on jingles that weren't quite working. Our piano was jingle central. He and Tommy Ambrose (some of the Canadians may know him) were responsible for a lot of jingles in the 80's. One of my faves of theirs was an instant iced tea campaign that used to appear on TV and on buses and benches with a picture of a tall glass of iced tea and the logo - "Cooling summer down"... I just thought that simple phrase was very evocative. Especially during the humid Toronto summers.

Okay - I'm locking myself in to write. Want to complete what I'm doing before going to NY on Saturday. Writing vibes much appreciated.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2006, 10:20:34 AM »

I just had Chinese food for lunch. My fortune cookie says:  

"You are gifted in many ways."

My lucky numbers are:

19  6  43  38  27  44

Let's ALL play these numbers in this week's lottery!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2006, 10:23:26 AM »

Question for BK (and all):

What's your favorite advertising jingle?

"That's a mighty spicy meatball"
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2006, 10:27:53 AM »

Ben, that is a lovely picture of Penny...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2006, 10:28:54 AM »

"That's a mighty spicy meatball"

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2006, 10:29:17 AM »

PennyO  I love your new look!!

vixmom

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2006, 10:29:56 AM »

Maria congratulations on DD's great college acceptance!!

vixmom

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2006, 10:30:10 AM »

Glad your;re feeling better Ron!!!

vixmom

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2006, 10:31:06 AM »

It is snowing here on the Island of Long.  We had big fluffy flakes a while ago but now it's more of a rain/snow mix

vixmom

« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2006, 10:32:18 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~PHILLY TRAVEL VIBES FOR FJL~~~~~~[/move][/color]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 11:37:23 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2006, 10:32:57 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~TRAVEL VIBES FOR PENNY O~~~~~~[/move]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 11:38:07 AM by vixmom »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up