Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: LIKE A WINGED BIRD  (Read 20683 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:LIKE A WINGED BIRD
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2003, 07:59:20 PM »

Ah, yes, the infamous KELLY. They didn't do a cast recording of it, did they?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2003, 08:10:07 PM »

By my calculations Jed (Jugs) should be in his purple tights by now.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 08:12:09 PM by Tom from OZ »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2003, 08:19:45 PM »

Well, I certainly wish him well. What character in purple tights is he playing again? Barney?

j/k, DR Jed. I know it's the Ghost of Christmas Present.

:D

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2003, 08:22:15 PM »

Well, bk has gone for something to eat, and I'm headed for bed. Yep, it's earlier than usual, but I'm going to lunch with friends tomorrow and need to be as rested as possible. Barbs are sure to be flying around the table, and I have to be ready to deflect any that come my way. Good night.

Tomovoz

« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2003, 08:22:57 PM »

Wrapped up like a Christmas Present perhaps!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Laura II

« Reply #215 on: December 05, 2003, 08:29:22 PM »

I hope Jed is breaking a leg at this very moment! :) I can't wait to hear how the show went!
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Jennifer

« Reply #216 on: December 05, 2003, 08:29:30 PM »

I'm still trying to catch up on tonight's posts. But that picture that MattH posted does not look like the Captain Kangeroo I remember.  Oh and thanks for mentioning Mr. Greenjeans. I remember him too.

And I definitely remember Mr. Dressup.

Jennifer

« Reply #217 on: December 05, 2003, 08:32:25 PM »

Ar least, Ron, Jennifer did not say out loud The Name We Dare Not Speak.

Besides, she might have meant a different childhood TV show.  Did Paul Newman ever host a kiddie show?

You're right I did not say the name!  But anyhow it's a compliment, since we all loved him.

Ha, yep it was Paul Newman. Good comeback.

Jennifer

« Reply #218 on: December 05, 2003, 08:45:39 PM »

Michael Shayne wrote:
Canadian Televisions I remember seeing when I lived in Canada. Of course these are just some of them, and there is a lot more. Which I might post at another time

ADVENTURES IN RAINBOW COUNTRY
The Beachcombers
BEYOND REASON
DR SIMON LOCKE
FAMILY COURT
FOREST RANGERS
FRONT PAGE CHALLENGE
HOUSE OF PRIDE
JULIE
KING OF KENSINGTON
QUENTIN DURGENS
THE STARLOST
WOJECK

It's weird but I haven't even heard of most of these. I have heard of the beachcombers and front page challenge. And I did watch King of kensington.  But I don't even know any of the others :(

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #219 on: December 05, 2003, 08:47:47 PM »

Every now and then, friends bring up the Captain.  And I confidently chime in:

"Bob Keeshan's still around.  He does theatre in the Tacoma, Washington area.  I know he's played Horace Vandergelder, and soon he's doing Fagin."

::) And now I learn I was WRONG???
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #220 on: December 05, 2003, 08:48:29 PM »

DR Michael Shayne - a trip down Memory Lane. Literally. KING OF KENSINGTON, of course, changed the course of my life and gave me my writing career. But some of those other shows you listed were ones I worked on as a kid actress (QUENTIN DURGENS, WOJECK, etc.). The last time I visited Toronto, I saw that the site of the original old CBC studio (where I worked on a wonderful non-musical SWEENEY TODD with Barry Morse and JEKYLL AND HYDE with Jack Palance, Billie Whitelaw and Tessie O'Shea, among other things)  - has now been torn down and is the site of a new condo complex. Which reminds me (naturally) of a silly story... My mother tended to get married and married... she finally decided to have a BIG wedding - #3. I was rehearsing JEKYLL AND HYDE the afternoon of the wedding and almost missed it because it ran over and Tessie O'Shea grabbed my taxi. That's how obsessed I was with acting - I would've missed my mother's wedding, if necessary.

Jennifer

« Reply #221 on: December 05, 2003, 08:50:43 PM »

DR Swishy mentioned that she had also not heard of Captain Kangeroo. What year did they stop making shows?  I don't know if they show repeats.  But if they don't show repeats and he ended before you were the right age to watch, then I don't find it that weird that you don't know him.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #222 on: December 05, 2003, 08:52:23 PM »

i realize I'm making myself seem older than I am when I say "kid actress" - as some of those shows are pretty OLD. I was a teenage actress, okay? Not Baby Rose.

Jennifer

« Reply #223 on: December 05, 2003, 08:56:32 PM »

Well I'm off to bed.  DR Andrea it is brrrrr cold out right now (I think they are still saying it is -24C with windchill).

Good vibes to all (btw, I have also never boo'ed anyone intentionally, nor do I plan on it). Good night.

Ben

« Reply #224 on: December 05, 2003, 09:03:44 PM »

Well, I'm up late (for me anway). Ahh, the luxury of vacation. Although I haven't been reading all the posts (sorry to make that confession, but when you have hundreds of posts in a day, and just a little time, sometimes you gotta come in at the end) I haven't heard from our Francophile (can a Frenchman be a Francophile). Ou est François? I will be thinking of our brethren outside the U.S. as we travel over the big pond and land at Heathrow.

As it approaches the hour of midnight on the east coast (with a light blanket of snow) I will now hie myself to bed. Nitol. Anyone remember that "sleep aid" Do they still make Nitol? I will now have to log on tomorrow to see if anyone else remembers it.

Bye for now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: December 05, 2003, 09:04:32 PM »

Had a nice salad for dinner and am feeling cozy.  I think I'd like some more posts to read, though, because that even makes me feel cozier.

Andrea

« Reply #226 on: December 05, 2003, 09:06:19 PM »

Well, it is certainly very cold! I decided to avoid going clubbing tonight (on cresent street) and just went to my friend's (who was one of my debs) 21st birthday. We had a lovely meal at 3 amigos and then I came home to some lovely emails and even lovelier posts. Now I go back to the land of civil war and reconstruction and off to bedy bye!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: December 05, 2003, 09:11:51 PM »

Too early for bed.  Rise and shine, rise and shine.

I'll rise, but I will not shine.

Tomovoz

« Reply #228 on: December 05, 2003, 09:28:05 PM »

For Jose:
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: December 05, 2003, 09:36:30 PM »

I'm soooo tired, but I will be up until the new notes go up at midnight, so post away, post away, for my mental delectation.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #230 on: December 05, 2003, 09:46:05 PM »

DR TFO - You have e-mail!

Well, good understudy rehearsal, good show.

I just wish we had more snow.  I really like snow.  Now it appears our neighbors to the north and northeast will be bearing the brunt of it.  I have some friends who are in NYC this weekend - I hope they remembered their snow clothes.

The one unfortunate thing about the snow here in the DC area tonight was the there were people who left the show at intermission - but better safe than sorry, I guess.  And it really wasn't - and isn't - snowing that hard.  Still more like a really cold, wet rain.  The box office also had a bunch of cancellations and no-shows.  Ah, well... At least "all sales are final".   ;)  -And, more importantly, with the way drivers around here drive - and can't drive - in the snow, at least it took some people off the roads.  We shall see what tomorrow brings, but I'm sure everything will be hunky-dorey by the time I have to head in for the matinee.

-Now I just have to plan what to do with my Sunday afternoon since we only have a show at 6:00 that evening.  Hmm... Shopping?  Movie?  Sleeping?   Laundry?  Christmas Decorating?  Hmmm...  And that also means I'll be back home in Richmond by 11:00! ;D

Well, that's all for now folks...

Oh, I did have some "arts and crafts" fun in the pit today during the show... it's amazing what you can do with a show flyer, scissors, scotch tape and a sense of goofiness...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: December 05, 2003, 09:47:10 PM »

Oh - DR TFO - 45 Grams?  Just how big is that Frog in US?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #232 on: December 05, 2003, 09:52:56 PM »

Exactly the size of the photo Jose. 2 oz. Colin says 3 bites!
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #233 on: December 05, 2003, 10:04:02 PM »

3 bites, Colin (Tom)?  I bet I could do it in ONE!
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #234 on: December 05, 2003, 10:06:07 PM »

I do believe you could. We are planning Orange cake on Thursday for lunch and shall bite into it in memory of your visit. Hope to see you next year too.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #235 on: December 05, 2003, 10:12:18 PM »

You were a teenaged actress, Panni?

Would I have seen any of your work?  Ignorant I am of you other than "Panni"!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #236 on: December 05, 2003, 10:14:59 PM »

DR TomFromOz:  Do you watch morning TV talk/news shows?  I saw a program tonight about naughty international bloopers.  One involved the allegedly most popular Australian morning talk show -- a man and woman co-anchor (he looks a lot like Helena Bonham-Carter's brother who appeared in the BBC's "Pride and Prejudice" as Mr. Bingham).  The female anchor starts to say something, looks down at him and breaks into laughter because his fly is open.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 10:15:36 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #237 on: December 05, 2003, 10:17:33 PM »

DR MattH certainly seems to have quite the active retired social life.  

He goes to a lot of dinners.  So that makes me feel he, too, must do his share of hosting.

I'll bet he lays a great table!

(I'm waiting!)

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #238 on: December 05, 2003, 10:24:24 PM »

Does anyone happen to know the nature of the job that Jason took, and did he give anyone any indication that he was going to be away from his computer for so long?

I know he was very excited, but I didn't get the impression that it was out of town.

Also, does anyone recall DR François saying anything about being away for this weekend?  Uncharacteristic the quiet we are getting from Paris!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #239 on: December 05, 2003, 10:30:05 PM »

Has anyone seen the commercial for Prego Hearty Meat Sauce with a devastatingly beautiful violin playing with orchestra?

It's amazing..........
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up