Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GENERAL UNEASE  (Read 15089 times)

Ginny

Re:GENERAL UNEASE
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2006, 10:40:38 AM »

G & S:  My intro was attending productions of the Ann Arbor (MI) G & S Society when I was a student.  The ones I remember were Pirates of Penzance and Princess Ida.

In my community theater days here in Middletown, I got to be a bridesmaid in Trial by Jury, directed by our very own DR Elmore.  It was so-o-o-o much fun!

The now-dormant Sorg Opera Company here in town did HMS Pinafore and The Mikado, which DH Richard and I enjoyed.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 11:24:02 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »

Out of bed at last.  A bit mopy...and not looking forward to the wrangle with IRS and California tax forms.  But...whachagonnado!

I've been enjoying the USA Network promos for their upcoming airings of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

The first promo is hysterical inasmuch as it shows how many falls, plunges, knockdowns, attacks Frodo endures....a whole lot...and that's just in the first movie.

The outro line:

"'It sucks being Frodo'....all next week.'

:D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:42:14 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2006, 10:46:32 AM »

Cillaliz, at first I thought Nilla had already had the surgery and was having a reaction to the anesthetic.  This is very strange behavior and I agree, something is wrong with him.

After reading your second description of his behavior I agree he was just trying to convey something is wrong and not to hurt you.

Good vibes all is well when he returns-it should be, or if not immediately, it will be.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2006, 10:55:30 AM »

I had breakfast with Paul this morning.  I told him I really didn't need all that to happen right now, while I'm prepping for a trial.  He said  "So when exactly is a good time to be attacked by a cat?"   LOL, he did make me laugh.   Sort of like people saying they didn't need to get hit by a tornado today.  There never is a good day for that either

I've just caught up and GOLLY!  

I had a kitten who acted in a similar way once...although with differences.  He was hissing and pooping and peeing and throwing a fit and hiding from me because I was trying to get him and hold him....and -- after about 10 minutes -- suddenly just snapped out of it and looked around as if to say, "What was that?"

After I thought about it for a while, I realized it was shock.  Earlier that afternoon, my kitty had encountered -- for the first time -- a much bigger cat in our yard.  My little "Dickens" was the master of his domain and tried to defend his turf. I'm positive the other cat, a bit startled, just swatted him away.  Dickens was ready to come in when I went out to investigate his cat-erwauling.  

It was suppertime, anyway, so I put out a dish of food...and several minutes later, his little "hissing fit" started.  I'm thinking he was reliving it in his little head and possibly thinking of what he "might" have done.

Once he snapped out of it, though, he was fine...and ready for lots of schmoozing and cuddling and an early bedtime.

I'm thinking that your Nilla, Cillaliz, must have been enduring some sort of trauma...and that the dental pain is probably what sent Nilla over the edge.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:59:52 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2006, 10:56:41 AM »

I also had a cat bite once.  Finger swelled up to more than twice its size...I was hospitalized and put on IV for several days.  When that didn't work, the finger was cut open and cleaned out.  I was bitten on a Sunday afternoon and didn't seek help until the next morning.  BIG mistake.  Doctor told me the first thing I should have done was to take a bottle of saline solution (the kind you use for contact lenses) and direct the stream into the bite....and to use the whole bottle to ensure the wound was cleaned out...and THEN get to a doctor to make sure.

Cat bites are exceedingly dangerous.  Seek medical attention immediately.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 11:04:06 AM by Ron Pulliam »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2006, 11:05:33 AM »

DR Penny, lovely memories...

DR Elmore, it sounds like you had a lovely brunch with Maria and Jose. Glad it is lovely day in NYC...

We may actually approach 70 here today..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2006, 11:07:44 AM »

Penny, my Sunday memories changed over the years.  The ones yours triggered are slightly reversed, reading the comics in bed before going to the bakery and deli with my father.  He always let me have extra treats at the bakery but I had to wait until dessert for the halvah.  Brunch was a big affair eaten around the dinning table-mustn’t leave out my mother’s perfect scrambled eggs.  After the dishes were done my mother stayed home while the rest of us walked to the tennis courts at Rancho Park.  How we could play tennis after all that food amazes me.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2006, 11:10:06 AM »

Cat bites are exceedingly dangerous.  Seek medical attention immediately.

Any bite is and the hand is especially prone to infections from bites.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2006, 11:10:27 AM »

DakotaCelt enjoyed the pictures (my favorite might be the small “cute” one, not that I would call it cute.) but the Van Gogh one is creepy. ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2006, 11:20:50 AM »

Thanks again for the advice on Nilla. I am feeling pretty down and worried about it.  I drove past the vet hospital hoping I may catch the vet doing his rounds, but no such luck so I went to Dairy Queen

I'm really afraid nilla has something fairly serious wrong.  He had an elevated creatinine level last time he had teeth removed which is a sign of kidney problems.  I've been doing some research and he is having several other symptoms of kidney disease.   They had planned to a thorough blood level check before surgery, so I'm sure they will.   I'm just being a worried Mom today.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2006, 11:22:36 AM »

Nilla didn't bite me, but I'm on pretty strong antibiotics because i was having some of the same symptoms as my niece, who we later discovered has a form of pneumonia that is contageous and not viral.   So luckily, even before they told me I could catch this, I went to the doc and he gave me the same antibiotics she's on

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2006, 11:23:58 AM »

Actually the only scratch I got out of the whole deal, I think came from the carrier and not from him.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2006, 11:25:31 AM »

Well, thanks again. I was pretty upset a little while ago, but after doing research and reading the posts here, I know I did the right thing getting him to the vet hospital and having him stay there until they can find out if this has a medical origin.

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2006, 11:26:08 AM »

Dakota - how long are the buffalo roaming?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 11:26:30 AM by Cillaliz »

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2006, 11:26:37 AM »

Thanks again for the advice on Nilla. I am feeling pretty down and worried about it.  I drove past the vet hospital hoping I may catch the vet doing his rounds, but no such luck so I went to Dairy Queen  

DR Cillaliz - You should be wearing my sweatshirt that says, "There's nothing wrong with me that a little ice cream won't fix."

That's my not-so-new philosophy.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2006, 11:29:33 AM »

DR Cillaliz - You should be wearing my sweatshirt that says, "There's nothing wrong with me that a little ice cream won't fix."

That's my not-so-new philosophy.

LOL I have that t-shirt!!! I got it at the Ice Cream Capital of the World

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2006, 11:49:55 AM »

Ok, no more cat talk for awhile.  I'm feeling better about this. Besides, they gave him a shot of pain killers and he's probably sleeping like a baby and has forgotten the whole ordeal. Back to trial prep....the show must go on

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2006, 11:53:45 AM »

LOL I have that t-shirt!!! I got it at the Ice Cream Capital of the World

LOL - We should wear them together in NYC and go to Ben & Jerry's on 8th Ave. - or some other ice cream place that I'm sure DR Jose could recommend!

Oh, and now we'll have to go back to The Today Show to see Meredith and Matt.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 11:55:03 AM by Ginny »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2006, 11:58:25 AM »

DakotaCelt enjoyed the pictures (my favorite might be the small “cute” one, not that I would call it cute.) but the Van Gogh one is creepy. ;D

I also found the Van Gogh one ot be rather creepy...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2006, 12:01:05 PM »

Dakota - how long are the buffalo roaming?

Through the summer....  I think they go on display in May. I will need to double check that. I see the site has not been updated since the end of February.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

Ok, no more cat talk for awhile.  I'm feeling better about this. Besides, they gave him a shot of pain killers and he's probably sleeping like a baby and has forgotten the whole ordeal. Back to trial prep....the show must go on

(( hugs ))

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2006, 12:08:44 PM »

DR George, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES is not on tonight.  They have a 2 hour Extreme Home/makeover show on instead.
I realized this just a little earlier, when I went to check on what I wanted to watch tonight.  Thanks. :)

No sweat! DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES doesn't come on tonight at all (a two hour EXTREME MAKEOVER takes the time slot), so you have some leeway!
And thanks, too!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2006, 12:09:57 PM »

~~~Continued Cat Vibage for Cillaliz!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2006, 12:14:24 PM »

JRand, the Cat in the Hat is male.

David Shiner played the role on Broadway and Cathy Rigby played it on tour.  It looks like local productions have the option of casting either a man or woman (one of the few times where that is an option), but need to get the score in the right keys.

George

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2006, 12:17:06 PM »

We're thinking about issuing the Sondheim benefit from SF on CD.  It will all depend on the final edit and sound, but they've gotten it to sound pretty decent from what I've heard, there are a lot of good Sondheim songs, and I wouldn't mind having a Sondheim album on Kritzerland.  When Guy did his number "live" he insisted on having balloons, which always seemed to be in front of his face.  When you have a head mic and sing into balloons the sound phases out and sounds grotesque, hence we had to replace the vocal.  Guy was marching around the room and was able to match what he did vocally during the show.  

I certainly would love to have a Sondheim CD from Kritzerland!  

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2006, 12:19:56 PM »

Tonight the competition heats up on the Next Food Network Star.  After laughing about this when I first heard it was going to be on, I've found I really enjoy it

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2006, 12:20:49 PM »

Thanks DR George

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2006, 12:49:21 PM »

DR George - your Wicked theater party with co-workers sounds like fun.  Your library must have a completely different "corporate culture" than mine - I can't imagine anything like that materializing among my co-workers.  In fact, when someone mentions corporate culture, I say, "We have none."

Anyway, you'll probably see the same Wicked company we saw last month in Cincinnati.  It was outstanding!

Jane

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2006, 01:06:58 PM »

LOL - We should wear them together in NYC and go to Ben & Jerry's on 8th Ave. - or some other ice cream place that I'm sure DR Jose could recommend!

I want one too and we can wear them to Carvel's-I don't need Jose's advice for this one. :)

Keith says ice cream is one of the five main food groups.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 01:08:00 PM by Jane »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2006, 01:15:16 PM »

Good afternoon!

Stunningly blue skies continue to be ours, and it seems a bit warmer than the 65 they said it would be today. Haven't taken a walk yet but may later. I've been watching/recording videos all day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up