Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHY IS THIS NIGHT DIFFERENT FROM ALL OTHER NIGHTS?  (Read 13238 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:WHY IS THIS NIGHT DIFFERENT FROM ALL OTHER NIGHTS?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 07:26:00 AM »

Geting us to Page Two so I can check to see if I can loada picture.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2006, 07:27:28 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 07:31:01 AM »

The WILL & GRACE episode tonight is one of the funnier ones of the season - the SOUND OF MUSIC singalong which also introduced Taye Diggs as Will's potential boy friend.

There are new episodes of SMALLVILLE and SUPERNATURAL tonight (and the CBS shows, too, I believe.)

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 07:33:10 AM »

I don't think any of the IDOLS should have a problem with the Great American Songbook next week if they choose correctly. Well, the songs may be too tame for Chris, but otherwise, this is a chance for all of them to shine with REAL songs.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 07:33:24 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I'm in telephone reference now until noon.

TOD - Swisshotel, Chicago; Flanigan's Inn, Springdale, Utah; Cave Spring Farm Bed & Breakfast, near Mammoth Cave, KY.  Later this afternoon, when I'm at my desk computer, I'll post more info on this last place.  It was so unique.

Then there's the time I was hired to do a workshop by an agency in eastern Ohio and they put me up in a Motel 6.  But I guess that's another TOD all together.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 07:33:25 AM »

My stove needs replacing.

There are blue sparks coming fromthe elemnets... not a good sign in Vixdad's opinion... so last night we went stove shopping.  What an exciting life I do lead.

In other news, the Vixter's report card came and she is on the honor roll due to her getting her math grade up five points since last semester, and a total of 10 points since the first semester... thanks to DR WFO for being available for homework phone consultations!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 07:35:43 AM »

Bem thanks for sharing about your reading....you can take the lad out of the theatre but you can't take the theatre out of the lad !!

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 07:36:41 AM »

Vixmom, tell the Vixter that I am very proud of her ...don't tell her I flunked math, however.

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 07:36:54 AM »

My stove needs replacing.

There are blue sparks coming fromthe elemnets... not a good sign in Vixdad's opinion... so last night we went stove shopping.  What an exciting life I do lead.

In other news, the Vixter's report card came and she is on the honor roll due to her getting her math grade up five points since last semester, and a total of 10 points since the first semester... thanks to DR WFO for being available for homework phone consultations!!!

Congratulations to the Vixter on her great report card and honor roll designation!

DR Vixmom - something similar happened to our oven and we just had to have the element replaced.  Or do you mean the stove top burners?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 07:38:22 AM »

I just read that Bollywood actor Raj Kumar, star of JRand's favorite film PAKEEZAH, passed away of cardiac arrest at age 77.

He made a TON of movies and was one of India's most popular yesteryear actors.

vixmom

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2006, 07:39:21 AM »

Wonderful to see dear Rodzinski back amongst us

Hello Roddy!
Well, Hello Roddy!
It's so nice to have you back where you belong

vixmom

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2006, 07:41:25 AM »

I just read that Bollywood actor Raj Kumar, star of JRand's favorite film PAKEEZAH, passed away of cardiac arrest at age 77.

He made a TON of movies and was one of India's most popular yesteryear actors.

I read this yesterday... I meant to post it but I guess I forgot by time I got access to the forum....I read that there were riots inthe streets when thousands of people tried to force their way into his home but were turned back by police.....

vixmom

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2006, 07:43:41 AM »

Vixmom, tell the Vixter that I am very proud of her ...don't tell her I flunked math, however.

I struggle with math terrribly... thank goodness for Professor  William F  Orr... mathematical genius extrodinaire!!  He helped me pass my college math courses and now he is helpng the Vixter in middle school!!

(because I can't!!)

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2006, 07:45:38 AM »

Woops my bad...that Raj Kumar (aka Raaj Kumar) died in 1996...the one that died the other day was Rajkumar (aka Raj Kumar) who worked in South Indian films (in Kannada lanquage films) is the one who died.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2006, 07:50:59 AM »

Good morning all!

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2006, 07:54:00 AM »

I was very, very lucky that my mom was a high school  algebra teacher. I had a lousy first year algebra teacher, and we had algebra class at home every day after school in order for her to explain what was going on since my teacher couldn't do it.

It was due SOLELY to her that I had no trouble with all the algebras, geometries, trigs, and calculuses the rest of high school or college.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 07:55:01 AM by Matt H. »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2006, 07:56:05 AM »

Well the director has cast 50 people in THE SOUND OF MUSIC and created non-existent characters for some (son for the butler, daughter for the maid) and it will be chaos....but I am out of it!!

DR TCB - Max's songs are in, as are I Have Confidence and Something Good from the movie.  My Favorite Things moves to the thunderstorm scene, and I am not sure what happens to the poor goatherd, but time will tell.  The only song GONE, as far as I know is An Ordinary Couple.

This method is reminiscent of a community theater director I have had the disfortune, I mean pleasure, of both working with and seeing his work.  He loves to add extra characters to accomodate all who auditioned.  Mostly they just sit in the background pantomiming badly, but once he added a significant character who had tons of stage business and interactions with the cast.  The thing was, we couldn't tell who the hell she was supposed to be.  We narrowed it down to ghost or cognitively impaired family member that nobody speaks of or to.

vixmom

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2006, 08:00:33 AM »

Congratulations to the Vixter on her great report card and honor roll designation!

DR Vixmom - something similar happened to our oven and we just had to have the element replaced.  Or do you mean the stove top burners?

It's the top stove burners.  We had two that wouldn't heat up suddenly, so Vixdad replaced the units.  The other night he turned a burner on while the kitchen was dark and realized that blue sparks were flashing when the element was turned on!!

The stove wasn't new when we we bought the house, it was probably at least ten years old then, and we've been in the house for nearly 15 years so it doesn't owe us anything... time for a replacement!  Besides I'm ready for one of those glass top ranges that makes cleaning up from boil overs so much easier!!  

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2006, 08:02:37 AM »

I did terribly in math all through middle school and up until my junior year in high school where I found myself with an AMAZING teacher for algebra 2 (was a sequel really necessary?) He differed from all of my other teachers because he had multiple ways of explaining a concept, so if you didn't understand the first time around, he wouldn't just repeat but try explaining from another angle.  He could be kind of a jerk in that he had high expectations of our behavior and if anyone strayed he took it personally.  But for the most part he was an awesome teacher. When I ended up in someone else's class for my senior year, my mom demanded that I be transferred.

vixmom

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2006, 08:03:34 AM »

LOL about Carrot Girl being in your 10 minute play Rodzinski!!!

How is our dear Jason?  I hope he rejoins us soon.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2006, 08:05:36 AM »

My spring break started yesterday afternoon and will last for the next week and a half.  I'll still be working at GMHC through Monday afternoon, but then I'm totally off until the 24th.  My mom is coming for a visit on Monday night (this is the busy season for houseguests!) and we are going to take a brief roadtrip.  Okay, so I also have class next Tuesday and an interview and job fair to attend next Friday but it's still mostly like a spring break, just sprinkled with a few obligations.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2006, 08:06:10 AM »

Everyone here seems to speak highly of the Drowsy Chaperone- would that be a good show to take my mother to see?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2006, 08:07:19 AM »

Oh and once I go back to my internship after spring break, I will only have 2 weeks remaining.  I can't believe my last day is May 4th.  Although I am tempted to see them one more time the following week so that I can help transition them to their new therapists.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2006, 08:08:13 AM »

In case you can't tell I am procrastinating right now.  I should be working out/doing laundry/working on my paper :)

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2006, 08:10:49 AM »

Oops, thought I'd logged out earlier!  I got yanked away for more "training" on our new PC reservation system, which is now up and (sort of) running.  

Can you say TECHNOSTRESS?

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2006, 08:13:23 AM »

TPUnk, that lively "Good morning" post with your photo with your arms up in the air combined just brightens my morning! LOL!

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2006, 08:15:39 AM »

Looks like THE COLOR PURPLE, JERSEY BOYS, and THE DROWSY CHAPARONE will have three of the Tony Best musical slots for themselves. The fourth I suppose will be between LESTAT, TARZAN, and THE WEDDING SINGER, all of which have been getting mixed word of mouth. If none of them take off, I guess they could throw Lloyd Webber a bone and put THE WOMAN IN WHITE up just to fill the last slot, but usually that goes to a show that is at least still running.

Ben

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2006, 08:16:27 AM »

Everyone here seems to speak highly of the Drowsy Chaperone- would that be a good show to take my mother to see?

Without question Miss Punk! It's available on the TKTS booth and through TDF. I hope you enjoy it as much as Larry and I. It's charming, funny, intelligent and I hope it's a hit!

vixmom

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2006, 08:17:15 AM »

I expect that a certain portion of the Vixter's math issues are genetic...both Vixdad and I excelled in English and struggled in math and she seems to follow suit....(although we have still not admitted to her that we struggled in math becasue we don't want to give her an excuse for not trying.)

But last years math teacher was horrible.  She was a first year teacher, who had spent her  student teaching  time as a social studies teacher and then  spent a year as a "permanent substitute" in social studies.  She had no math teaching experience at all and they start algebra and geometry in 6th grade now.  

When Vix brought home failing grades I went to the teacher to ask for extra help classes and/or remedial classes and she told me "Well, I'm not really worried, she's only 'just' failing... she has about a 60 average, and over half of my students are failing and she has one of the highest failing averages......"

HUH??????!!!!!

Over half a first year teacher's students are failing ... and she's not worried?!!! >:( :o

I ended up raising a stink for weeks before I was finally able to get her put in a remedial class  that met once a week.  After ONE session with the remedial teacher the Vixter got a 100 on a math test, she hadn't passed a single one to that point.

Unfortunately, it took several months before they put her in the remedial class and then it was only once a week and she fell way behind where she should have been for the beginning of 7th grade.

This year's teacher really has been patiently working with the Vixter.     :D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 08:21:32 AM by vixmom »

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2006, 08:17:58 AM »

I must head down now to clean up for my lunch date with friends.

WBBL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up