News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THUS  (Read 18932 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THUS
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2006, 08:10:20 AM »

Gas here is $2.69.9 a gallon. Argh!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2006, 08:12:47 AM »

Speaking of "near" things, we are very near the 100th anniversary of "the Great Quake."

Tomorrow at 5:32 a.m., it will have been 100 years since San Francisco was literally decimated by a catastrophic earthquake and then reduced to ashes by ensuing fires.

We've been 'besieged, barraged and beleagured" by daily coverage the past couple of weeks, in print and on TV, of that fateful day and with reminders to be prepared and reminders of how to prepare.

Of course, the one concession all the experts make is that one cannot truly "prepare" to survive an earthquake.  One never knows how strong it will be or how much damage it will cause.

One can only be prepared to get by if one "survives" an earthquake.

"I'll get by....as long as I...."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 08:14:28 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2006, 08:13:50 AM »

Page Two Christopher Robin and Friends Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2006, 08:15:31 AM »

I'm looking forward to watching L&O:CI and THE SOPRANOS from last night. What appeared to be happening with Vito at the end of last week's episode might not have actually happened, so I'll be interested to see how that all works out.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2006, 08:16:18 AM »

And there is a new episode of MEDIUM tonight which NBC has been trumpeting for a couple of weeks now. Looking forward to seeing the show again.

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2006, 08:17:42 AM »

Monday greetings!  I was exhausted last night after having 3 senior citizens in for Easter dinner - watched West Wing and went to bed.  A doozy of a thunderstorm woke me up about 1am and I had a restless night until it was time to get up to take DS Rob to work.  He thought he was just going to take my car for the day, but I explained that just because it's my day off doesn't mean I don't need my car.  He's not a happy camper, but will get over it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2006, 08:19:25 AM »

Gas here is $2.69.9 a gallon. Argh!

$2.75 at the station near our house, DR MattH.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2006, 08:26:32 AM »

$2.75 at the station near our house, DR MattH.

The price I quoted was Saturday's price. It could very well have jumped a nickel since then.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2006, 08:28:20 AM »

I caught up this weekend with some programming that I recorded last week.

"Supernatural" has been an entertaining find on the WB, but last Thursday's episode really surprised me.  At one point in the proceedings, I broke out in chills at a revelation...totally spooked me out.  That hasn't happened in a long, long time...and it was fun!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 08:28:43 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2006, 08:38:44 AM »

Got to jump in the shower and get ready to meet best friend John for lunch.

WBBL.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2006, 08:40:38 AM »

I caught up this weekend with some programming that I recorded last week.

"Supernatural" has been an entertaining find on the WB, but last Thursday's episode really surprised me.  At one point in the proceedings, I broke out in chills at a revelation...totally spooked me out.  That hasn't happened in a long, long time...and it was fun!

I'm glad you liked it as much as I did. Yes, it led me down the wrong path and I followed eagerly. The surprise was great!

I see they're involving the guys more with women now. With the show's big female fan base, that's not surprising.

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 08:54:20 AM »

Good morning. I'm waiting for my Brother and Sisteri-in -law who are arriving at 10:00AM.....but it's nearly 11:00 AM, you say.....yes, and they are about 30 minutes away. LOL. I told Paul at breakfast that 10:00 meant 11:30, I was pretty close.   I used to get upset that they were always late, but they arwe ALWAYS late, so you just tell them a time about 1 1/2 hours before you want them there

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 08:58:03 AM »

My family has been pretty cool lately. Although I didn't win the trial, the judge sent an email to my boss saying my cross examination of the print expert was the best he had ever heard and that it should be saved and used as a resource for people needed to do a cross of a print expert.  

The email was forwarded to me and I passed it on. They've said some pretty nice things about it. My sister in law sent a really nice email that I just read. It was very sweet and very unlike her. Today may not be so bad after all

Cillaliz

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 08:59:31 AM »

Well, I suppose I should mosey downstairs and measure my deck. We are going to look for a table and chairs for it today and I want to have the measurements when we go.

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2006, 09:00:54 AM »

I am very excited to see James Taylor tonight.  We have fabulous loge seats (my brother calls them Lincoln seats) They aren't the greatest for a play, but tonight it's just James Taylor acoustic with no band. They will be perfect for that

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2006, 09:01:25 AM »

Perfume- My current favorite is "Intuition" think I'll go put some on

FJL

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

Regarding favorite sense, I try to keep a sense of humor about things, but I'm suspecting some malfea-sense on the part of the folk(s) who do our Saturday mail delivery, that is, that instead of attempting delivery, I suspect that they just mark down that they've attempted delivery and then send our parcels to the post office (which might not seem like that big an inconvenience, but frankly is).  First, there was a package which they had on the system with dleivery attempted on April 1, and we thought one of us was home at the time they attempted delivery but couldn't 100% remember.  But now there's another package where the records showed they attempted delivery at 8:52 this past Saturday, and we know without a doubt that we were home and would have heard the door because Skip was meeting someone downstairs for a dog walk a few minutes past 9 a.m. and hadn't left yet.  And we've never had problems with getting our packages during the regular Mon-Fri week, only when the records indicated delivery attempt on a Saturday.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2006, 09:03:21 AM »

I'm also excited about the concert because it was a sell out in record time, approximately 20 minutes or so.  The scalpers are selling tickets at over 5 times face value. Amazing. Anyway, it tells me the people there will most likely be responsive and want to see him as much as we do. Should be a good crowd

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2006, 09:04:31 AM »

Well off to spray on some cologne and get on with my day

FJL

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2006, 09:08:20 AM »

Of course, I've got to deal with the post office non-sense with some sense of proportion.  I'm also worried that anyone who would just choose to mark down that delivery was attempted without actually attempting delivery might also choose to reatilate if we got him or her in trouble by doing something to our other mail.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2006, 09:27:38 AM »

Michael York is coming to Indy in CAMELOT in February....I think we may have to get tickets for this.  It is Molly's favorite show....and it IS Michael York....from LOGAN'S RUN and CABARET and FRANKENSTEIN THE TRUE STORY (I think he was in that!).
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2006, 09:28:34 AM »

I have not favorite colgnes or perfumes.

DR JRand55, keep a look out for a package coming your way...with any luck (and if you don't have the same postman as FJL) then it should arrive today!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2006, 09:29:05 AM »

I just paid $2.879 for gasoline.

And I had a BK moment.  I went to the bank and then came home and got my MasterCard statement in the mail (so many AMAZON and PayPal purchases!) and was going to write the check for the payment....but I was looking for another check for the deposit...and looking and looking and looking.....when I realized I had just come from the bank, where I had cashed said check.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2006, 09:30:06 AM »

Indiana is Number one.

We are NUMBER ONE!!!

Indiana is NUMBER ONE!!!!  No other state in the union can catch us....we are number ONE!!!!

Number one in the nation in the number of students rejected for financial aid because they are drug users!

Go, Indiana!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2006, 09:44:51 AM »

I don't wear scents, so I don't really have a favorite.  I've gotten a couple of bottles of Old Spice that I do like, and some Pierre Cardin cologne that's not bad.  But I don't wear them because at work, we have a scent-free policy.  The woman who works right across from me is very sensitive (scent-sitive) and I've even had to get new deoderant because she can't handle it.  I do know, however, that I don't like English Leather. :P My dad had some and a guy that I work with used to wear it and I think it's...not very applealing at all.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 09:45:58 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2006, 09:45:47 AM »

I am watching a most entertaining infomercial about Easy Crown Molding. I have never seen anyone so excited about crown molding. It's quite amusing.

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2006, 09:46:24 AM »

And now, I'm off to work...scentless. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2006, 09:48:28 AM »

See the difference Easy Crown Molding makes? Apply the molding, and your windows have curtains and the bed is made!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2006, 09:51:03 AM »

See the difference Easy Crown Molding makes? Apply the molding, and your windows have curtains and the bed is made!

Well, now I'm excited about Easy Crown Molding!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2006, 09:52:35 AM »

Wouldn't it be great if you could build an actual house out of Lego?  The possibilities for additions and reconfigurations of rooms would be endless.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 09:52:59 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up