Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SPINNING HEAD  (Read 16010 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE SPINNING HEAD
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006, 07:18:28 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful day here with lots of sun, but we better enjoy it. To come is three days of rain for the weekend.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 07:20:52 AM »

Page Two Sheriff of Nottingham Dance!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 07:21:47 AM »

Re: last night's TAR.

spoilers.

It cracked me up that Fran and Barry finished first. I don't really care for them. But I liked how they worked with the hippies. It's funny because they won't help anyone. But they realized that the hippies could help them!

I can't believe the frat brothers tried to take a short-cut to try to win the leg. That was stupid (although it would have been hilarious if they had done it).

I'm happy the hippies did not get eliminated. Last week they might have deserved it for going 2 hours in the wrong direction. But last night's digging was mostly luck. And i don't like it when a really good team loses because of luck. I was surprised though since they have had really good luck in the past.

Australia (next week) looks awesome. That will be a far trek!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 07:22:18 AM »

And it's time to head off to work again!

And maybe after go to the new store, which is opening today!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 07:22:22 AM »

Lots of TV reruns on tonight (the CSI is from last season and features Marg Helgenburger's real-life husband and SAG President as a sleezy DA).

However, SMALLVILLE, SUPERNATURAL, and WITHOUT A TRACE are all new episodes.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 07:22:48 AM »

Welcome back, Elmore!! Howz yer dad doing?

Have a nice time, at the presentation today, Ginny. I find these grant seeking workshops so enjoyable - the participants walk out of there looking so hopeful and optimistic. Does my ol' heart good!!

Cheese: fresh mozarella, with very ripe (local, summer) tomatoes, a little fresh basil, parsley, good olive oil, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar!!!

Mozarella di bufalo - made with milk from water buffalo!! Mmmmmm!!!

Aged gorgonzola with a granny smith apple.

Havarti!!! Various double-cream bries and other soft, sweet cheeses like that - like butter!!! I can eat a lotta that stuff - don't get me started!
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 07:23:44 AM »

Woods! How is the baby dawg??
PennyO

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 07:24:29 AM »

As for last night's AMERICAN IDOL.

I am not surprised that ace got voted out. But what was up with chris being bottom 2. That shocked me. I was not surprised paris was bottom 3. I figured ace/paris/elliot.

I can't believe elliot went from bottom 2 to top 3 or 4. IT is crazy how this works. Obviously kellie and taylor are extremely popular. If kellie can stay top 3 even with the judges blasting her. THen I think she will definitely finish in the top 3.

I'm thinking maybe chris' fans just got overconfident, thinking he did not need their votes.  I wonder how close he was to getting eliminated.

With ace gone, it will be tough because anyone could go, any week. I'm sure we will have some surprises.

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 07:26:37 AM »

I didn't know there were any reruns on tonight. Perhaps just on NBC? I know all the shows i watch are new. I am looking forward to Survivor, although not sure if i will have to tape it. Going to say goodbye to my niece (who turned 7 months this week). She is going away for a 4 day weekend. :(

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 07:28:52 AM »

Well, in my case, I figured Chris was safe, so when I couldn't get votes in for Elliott, I switched over to Ace. Now that Ace is gone, I'll vote for Elliott and switch over to Chris if Elliott's line is busy.

Since Chris had never been in any danger until last night, I'm guessing people with multiple allegiances (like me) sent their votes to Elliott.

I do believe it is a wide open competition now. Taylor and Kellie are the only two who have never been in the bottom three (remember that eventual winners Ruben and Fantasia both finished next to last at ceretain points during their seasons.)

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 07:53:45 AM »

More TAR Spoilers...............

I was also happy that Fran and Barry were in first place....they try very hard! I am not as fond of them as I have been of the previous "older" couples, but I like them well enough.

I was sorry to see Joyce and her boyfriend hit some many personality bumps this episode...they have worked together so well up to this point...even the hippies started to get annoyed with each other...but those frat boys just keep up the good attitude, which is important even if you aren't winning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 07:55:25 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - I really wanted to sleep later today - oh, well - tomorrow, tomorrow I'll sleep later.

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 07:56:17 AM »

Yes, MY BROTHER NIKHIL is one heck of a good movie and I would recommend it to anyone here who is interested in a gay character storyline...even if it is a Bollywood movie! It is a wonderful film.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 07:59:31 AM »

Thanks for posting the cover, DRMBARNUM....it has the CORRECT spelling of the title.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2006, 08:03:55 AM »

Re TCB's question yesterday.... I say garbage man
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2006, 08:11:47 AM »

I really have no favorite cheeses. I like many of them, especially cooked within a dish.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2006, 08:13:30 AM »

Re: last night's TAR.

spoilers.

It cracked me up that Fran and Barry finished first. I don't really care for them. But I liked how they worked with the hippies. It's funny because they won't help anyone. But they realized that the hippies could help them!

I can't believe the frat brothers tried to take a short-cut to try to win the leg. That was stupid (although it would have been hilarious if they had done it).

I'm happy the hippies did not get eliminated. Last week they might have deserved it for going 2 hours in the wrong direction. But last night's digging was mostly luck. And i don't like it when a really good team loses because of luck. I was surprised though since they have had really good luck in the past.

Australia (next week) looks awesome. That will be a far trek!

Very strange energy from all the teams last night.  Why was there a sudden shunning of the hippies by the other teams at the airport counter?  And the hippies responding by isolating themselves onto another flight?  Ray and Yolonda are bickering, yet they manage to work together and pull themselves up to third place.  The frat boys seemed confuzed and MoJo are tiring out.  It could have taken Fran and Barry forever to find the message box in the watchtowers, but they were helped out by the hippies.  Oman certainly had a strange effect on all.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2006, 08:13:34 AM »

Well, I've got my internet chores done for awhile, and since I'm meeting friends for lunch, I'd better head down now and get cleaned up a bit.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2006, 08:47:56 AM »

I shall now be on my way to LACC and then the editing room, after which I shall return.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2006, 08:50:25 AM »

I am all caught up.  I loved the overused words thread.  My bete noir is "State of the art," whatever the hell that means.  If everything I own is so State! Of! The! Art!  why don't they all work better?   Mayber I'm unknowingly purchasing "almost State of the Art" items?

The laundry's in, packages mailed, packages picked up at the Post Office, and now I have to mop the bathroom.  After that, a major overhaul of the apartment.  

Where's DR Jose been the past two days?  Under a keyboard? A table? the host?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2006, 08:52:39 AM »

Miss Julia Roberts has now been reviewed by Broadway critics. She didn't get good notices except for Linda Winer from Newsday. I actually like and respect Ms. Winer's thoughts. She's intelligent and her reveiws are well written and sensible, even if I don't agree with what she says. She and Roma Torre (a local critic on NY1 our all news channel) are probably the best critics/reviewers in NY in my huble opinion (IMHO).

I saw Roberts on one of those entertainment shows.  She was being interviewed in the theater.  The interviewer asked her how it felt getting standing ovations night after night.

She was extremely humble and expressed gratitude and a deep appreciation for the hard work theater is.

I think audiences...and audience reactions...are far more rewarding than good reviews.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2006, 08:56:47 AM »

Well, in my case, I figured Chris was safe, so when I couldn't get votes in for Elliott, I switched over to Ace. Now that Ace is gone, I'll vote for Elliott and switch over to Chris if Elliott's line is busy.

Since Chris had never been in any danger until last night, I'm guessing people with multiple allegiances (like me) sent their votes to Elliott.

I do believe it is a wide open competition now. Taylor and Kellie are the only two who have never been in the bottom three (remember that eventual winners Ruben and Fantasia both finished next to last at ceretain points during their seasons.)

I cast 200 text-message votes for Elliot Tuesday night.

I think next week's "greatest love songs" theme will make or break a few of the contestants.

Frankly, Chris, Taylor and Kellie ought to be worried how they're going to pull it off.  Chris and Taylor aren't really comfortable singing such things, it seems.  And if "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" is any indication, Kellie better hope there's a country song in the "greatest love songs" list.

Katherine, Elliot and Paris should do very, very well...if they choose wisely.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2006, 09:00:04 AM »

Last night's "Invasion":

SPOILER!

Maybe MattH is right about this show not coming back, 'cause last night's episode had so many storylines in motion it seemed the producers are trying to tie up all the loose ends for one final blowout.

Still...it's riveting, unnerving and fun to watch.

And I want to know what crawled off into the water after their mommy was shot.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 09:01:56 AM by Ron Pulliam »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2006, 09:02:18 AM »

Woods! How is the baby dawg??

She got upset becasue Fletcher stole her new big bone; but, she managed to steal it back and head for her bean bag:

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2006, 09:10:16 AM »

TOD; I  enjoy a sharp cheddar

How about a big slab of it atop a freshly baked deep dish apple pie?

der Brucer (who prefers his cheese uncut)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2006, 09:15:14 AM »

Re:  Rod Stewart's song on "American Idol" last night.

If Simon were to critique it...HONESTLY...he'd have said:

"I think it was absolutely dreadful.  When you choose a song, make sure you choose one that has notes you can actually reach with your very limited range.  Probably the worst performance that's ever been seen on this stage...and that includes all the worst performances we've been privileged to see."

DERBRUCER

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2006, 09:20:19 AM »

From today's notes:

I’m hoping to finish act one of the new play or whatever it is I’m writing – perhaps by Sunday if I put some elbow grease into it.

If you do, indeed, put some elbow grease into it, do you supply your editor with Formula 409?

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2006, 09:23:23 AM »

Good morning!

Gray overcast...mild-to-cool temps...no rain in the forecast.

It's almost like earthquake weather...except for the cool bit.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 09:27:21 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2006, 09:23:25 AM »

I cast 200 text-message votes for Elliot Tuesday night.

I think next week's "greatest love songs" theme will make or break a few of the contestants.

Frankly, Chris, Taylor and Kellie ought to be worried how they're going to pull it off.  Chris and Taylor aren't really comfortable singing such things, it seems.  And if "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" is any indication, Kellie better hope there's a country song in the "greatest love songs" list.

Katherine, Elliot and Paris should do very, very well...if they choose wisely.

There are quite a few country-styled love songs so Kellie should be OK. And she didn't sing "Bewitched" nearly as badly as she (or the judges) thought. Yes, she dropped a measure and thus got ahead of the music, but she actually managed to stay on pitch singing ahead of the accompaniment. For me, it showed she does have a reliable ear for the melody.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2006, 09:24:24 AM »

One of the joys of the DVR is being able to speed through the parts of the IDOLS results show that I have no interest in - including Rod Stewart's singing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up