Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SPINNING HEAD  (Read 16157 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE SPINNING HEAD
« on: April 20, 2006, 12:14:07 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, your head was spinning whilst reading the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the spinning cows come home.  They're quite something when they spin.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 12:09:06 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE SPINNING HEAD
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 12:14:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: MALADJUSTED!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 02:09:31 AM »

DearREaderLaura:  Yesterday at 10:56:16pm »  

Quote from: DakotaCelt on Yesterday at 05:28:12pm
 Good question????
He was in a few scenes this past week in a 'recreated flashback" and he was dressed as a woman. THose were the first scenes I had seen of Days since Jack's car went off the bridge...

Thanks, DakotaCelt. I must have been dozing. I don't remember said flashback. How long ago did the car go off the bridge?

The middle of November...  

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 02:10:35 AM »

Spinning cows???

I seemed to recall some cows spinning through the air in the movie, Twister.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 02:11:54 AM »

Cheese!!!

My other weakness aside from Chocolate!

Love American, Munster, Brie, Provolone....

I put cheese on Just about everything...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 05:55:46 AM »

Oh I was hoping to hear about THE CALL....now it won't come until the weekend.  Okay....well I guess I will have to wait.  I feel maladjusted.

Wasn't that a Danny Kaye musical The Maladjusted Jester?  With special songs by Sylvia Fine?  Including "I'm Maladjusted" "The Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Juster-Jester" and that great hit "Rimsky-Korny-Koff."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 05:57:57 AM »

One of several movies I watched yesterday (I have more for today) was a particular Bollywood movie called MY BROTHER NAKHIL....in which a young lady tells the story of her brother, a state swimming champ, who contracts the HIV virus.

Groundbreaking for the Indian cinema in subject - it is VERY well acted, lovely photography, and some really NICE music.

I recommend it to anyone who might be interested.  LONGTIME COMPANION is still my favorite movie on the subject, but MY BROTHER NAKHIL is now a very close second.  Thanks to DRMBARNUM for sending it to me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 05:58:54 AM »

Velveeta

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 06:09:03 AM »

Good morning, all!  I had a lovely two days in DC at the Library of Congress, catching up with my friends in the Music Division, having two excellent Mexican meals at two different restaurants with great margaritas, and looking at tons of manuscripts by Victor Herbert and his able assistants.  While my capable colleague Mr Tom Murray wended his way through all of THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER scores, I played amongst the scores of THE RED MILL and then went through about 20 cartons of all the commercially published arrangements of Victor Herbert as I looked for selections, waltzes, marches, polkas, ewtc. arranged from the music to BABES IN TOYLAND and THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER.

Tomorrow, when I return to the office, I will count all the copies we made for reimbursement at $0.20/copy.  We had two copy cards which had balances of $8.55 and $5.85 left when we finished, but I suspect we spent around $120 altogether.  Luckily, there were slow days at the Music Division and we weren't competing for copiers.

Mr Murray drove us down and both trips were quite pleasant, as we listened to a 24-hour musical theatre station on satellite radio.  The trip down took 3.5 hours and the trip back, because of rush hour and road construction took about 5.5!  Oy.

So, now I must catch up on two days of notes.  Anybody die?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 06:11:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: MALADJUSTED!
I tried to call my neighbor's son by what I thought was his full name, Edward, but he corrected me and said "Ma lad just Ed."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 06:14:04 AM »

Today is Joan Miro's birthday!

Courtesy of Google

Ben

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 06:14:23 AM »

Welcome back to Mr. Moore!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 06:16:02 AM »

TOD; I  enjoy a sharp cheddar, also a nice creamy buttery muenster cheese

Favorite sinful snacks... cheddar cheese melted on a nice thick slice of fresh jewish rye (witrh caraway seeds natch!) or a roastbeed hero with melted muenster cheese.  Also a slice of sharp cheddar  spread with cream cheese (I can feel my artieries clogging just thinking about it!!)

Remember the 70's with all those fondues and wine and cheese bars?  I waitressed in one for a few months.  I like sharp cheddar melted in the fondue with some port wine  added to it......ah them wuz the days
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 06:16:35 AM »

Welcome home elmore! You have been missed!

Ben

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 06:17:23 AM »

Miss Julia Roberts has now been reviewed by Broadway critics. She didn't get good notices except for Linda Winer from Newsday. I actually like and respect Ms. Winer's thoughts. She's intelligent and her reveiws are well written and sensible, even if I don't agree with what she says. She and Roma Torre (a local critic on NY1 our all news channel) are probably the best critics/reviewers in NY in my huble opinion (IMHO).

I haven't seen the show and I had no desire to see it, although I do like the play. Reading Clive Barnes' review of the show just certifies my belief that he is long past his prime (if he ever had a prime) and he's one of the most embarrassing "critics" in the business.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 06:19:14 AM by Ben »

Ginny

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 06:22:05 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  After my grueling yesterday, I'm glad to be in the library all day today putting the finishing touches on the Grantseeking Basics for Individuals in the Arts workshop that I'm teaching this afternoon.

Welcome back DR Elmore!  
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 06:23:13 AM »

I do like Muenster. I also like Port Salut and Pont-L'Evêque, a cheese from the Norman region of France. I DO NOT like Livarot, a smelly, strong cheese, also from the Norman region.

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 06:27:24 AM »

TOD - In honor of the topic, my brown bag lunch today consists of sliced medium cheddar and Triscuits and an apple.  I like many cheeses, except anything extra sharp.

Most frustrating to me are conflicting health tips regarding cheese - to control cholesterol, I was advised to leave cheese off my sandwiches; to increase my calcium intake, I was advised to add a slice of cheese when I make or order a sandwich!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 06:28:14 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 06:27:32 AM »

I was going to post about yesterday's word, SENILE, but I forgot.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 06:28:41 AM »

Ginny, I'll send you my 94 (ugh) page Power Point presentation on Grant Processing's use of the NTEE Taxonomy and you can send me yours then we will each know what the other is doing  ;)

My presentation is next Friday from 2pm to 4pm.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 06:34:32 AM »

Glad your trip was productive DR ELMORE.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 06:43:51 AM »

It's only 9:41 and I already have a headache this big.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 06:44:26 AM »

MegaMillions News - I heard on the radio this morning that no one has yet come forth as the holder of the winning ticket.  It was sold at a Kroger near the University of Cincinnati (maybe the one that my son and his friends call Kro-Ghetto).

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 06:47:07 AM »

Velveeta

She married Juan Provolone and became the Big Cheese of Buenos Aires.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 06:47:24 AM »

Ginny, I'll send you my 94 (ugh) page Power Point presentation on Grant Processing's use of the NTEE Taxonomy and you can send me yours then we will each know what the other is doing  ;)

My presentation is next Friday from 2pm to 4pm.

DR Ben - sounds like I'll have to increase the memory in my computer before you send that file  ;)

For my presentation today, I've just modified the PowerPoint that the Center provides to Cooperating Collections.  Mine's only 30 slides!

vixmom

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 06:54:28 AM »

TOD:

A slice of sharp cheddar and a piece of dark choclate and a glass of nice blueberry port...............

vixmom

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 06:55:56 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~HEADACHE RELIEF VIBES~~~~~~~~[/move][/color]
for DR Dan (the Man)

FJL

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 07:03:23 AM »

Favorite cheese treat I'll never have again:  the onion soup at that restaurant at the Riviera Hotel in Vegas.  The first time I was in Vegas, my friend and I ate there almost every night, and I loved the onion soup in a real onion topped with the most amazing cheese concoction, baked to perfection each time.  Next time I was in Vegas, I went to the Riviera and the restaurant was gone.    Of course, I'm wondering if I've turned that cheese into some kind of legendary dish, given that I'll never have it again.

Favorite cheese pun:  Cheeses of Nazareth, of course.

FJL

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 07:05:55 AM »

Welcome back, Larry!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 07:12:08 AM »

Cheese got the whole world in his hands!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up