Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME  (Read 22415 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 07:17:33 AM »

Good news about the Vix's homstead! Glad your home survived intact.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 07:17:46 AM »

Mesia Check:

The only Media on-th-go at the moment is the digital camera playing "Loll in the Sunshine" with Angie:

Now, DRs, I must select one of the above for her PetFinder profile - which do you prefer?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 07:20:20 AM »

Page 2 MONSTERS INC. Roz Dance!!!

FJL

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 07:26:53 AM »

MattH, do you take page-dance requests?  With BK having mentioned THE ARISTOCRATS in today's notes, isn't it time for another ARISTOCATS dance at some point?

I do find myself humming the ARISTOCATS score from time to time, especially the O'Malley the Alley Cat number.  Tends to put me in a good mood.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 07:34:54 AM »

I've been wondering how many well-meaning but slightly confused adults have picked up THE ARISTOCRATS for their kids to watch.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 07:36:05 AM »

MattH, do you take page-dance requests?  With BK having mentioned THE ARISTOCRATS in today's notes, isn't it time for another ARISTOCATS dance at some point?

I do find myself humming the ARISTOCATS score from time to time, especially the O'Malley the Alley Cat number.  Tends to put me in a good mood.

Would be glad to do one for you on an upcoming page dance. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 07:38:30 AM »

DR TPunk I have the 2 hour ALIAS episodes, since I have not seen it yet (and i have to save it for my sister).

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 07:38:44 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - JUNO (OCR)

DVD - CSI: NY, Season 1, disc 2.
          MONK, Season 3, disc 3
          GOIN' TO TOWN

DVR - last night's WILL & GRACE rerun
          last night's TONIGHT SHOW
          CRASH (in high definition)

laserdisc - ATHENA

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 07:40:35 AM »

DR Danise, good vibes to you and your mom. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt so bad after reading your post last night. I just hope you know that everyone here is thinking about you.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2006, 07:42:06 AM »

I know it's not Ask BK Day, but I was curious about this.

I know the CD issue of the original cast recording JUNO was released on that label that dare not speak its name after you left the premises, but were you at all instrumental in suggesting that it be reissued there? You were at the forefront on reissues at Bay Cities, and I just wondered if JUNO had your fingerprints on it in any way.

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2006, 07:43:24 AM »

DR MattH, I'm glad you wrote about NBC cancelling the last 2 episodes of the CELEBRITY COOKING show before I went to watch it.  I actually liked it, and am disgusted with NBC.  I don't think they should be allowed to tell people they are watching a 4 part series and then cut the show with 2 episodes to go.

First off, I don't care if they only had a million viewers. They've now annoyed a million people.

Second, unless someone was channel surfing they would not catch the Will and Grace/Earl episode replacements.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2006, 07:44:29 AM »

BK, I expect you to go up to Mr. Kevin Sorbo at the Ray Courts Show and ask him why he allowed the great script he had for KULL THE CONQUEROR to be ruined.  You'll notice right after that movie (I  think still to this day his only one), he fled right back to TV.

Sorry I'm not there, it looks like a pretty good show this time.  Get me a picture of Caroline Munro, please and post it on the site.  I've finally gotten all those posters I've been buying over the years up on the wall, BK.  I'm glad you forced me to buy that Captain Blood the last time out.  It's now framed and looks gorgeous in the library.

In my CD player is Rebecca Luker's latest album, She's Leaving Home...with a brilliant song by Amanda McBroom called OPHELIA (Yes, THAT Ophelia!) as well as other goodies.  The album was thoughtfully sent to me by a dear friend.

I don't know if I'll watch any DVDs as this is a weekend of theatre for me...I must go to the University tonight to see a production of a rarely done play, THE BUSY BODY by Susanna Centlivre,followed by a reception in honour of the memory of my old professor and theatre costumer, Mary Stephenson, who passed away earlier last year.  Then tomorrow night, I must go see a local production of R&H's CINDERELLA.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2006, 07:45:02 AM »

My friend who comes to NYC with me will be in town this weekend for a race, and we're going out to dinner tonight and then watching a movie. I therefore may be on a little later this evening than usual.

Jennifer

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2006, 07:45:41 AM »

Did anybody else watch SURVIVOR last night?

I thought they showed way too much of the "injury".  I was squirming in my seat.  Glad I didn't watch that with the baby (even though she wouldn't have understood).  They went overboard a bit.

FJL

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2006, 07:46:49 AM »

MattH - Magnifique!  Thanks in advance!  

Dan - And with Gilbert Gottfried having done Disney films, it may be even more confusing.

I only got myself
And this big old world
But I sip that cup of life
With my fingers curled
I don't worry what road to take
I don't have to think of that
Whatever I take is the road I make
It's the road of life make no mistake
For me, yeah,
Abraham De Lacy
Guiseppe Casey
Thomas O'Malley
O'Malley the alley cat

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2006, 07:49:21 AM »

DR MattH, I'm glad you wrote about NBC cancelling the last 2 episodes of the CELEBRITY COOKING show before I went to watch it.  I actually liked it, and am disgusted with NBC.  I don't think they should be allowed to tell people they are watching a 4 part series and then cut the show with 2 episodes to go.

First off, I don't care if they only had a million viewers. They've now annoyed a million people.

Second, unless someone was channel surfing they would not catch the Will and Grace/Earl episode replacements.

Yes, I saw that in VARIETY, so I thought some folks here might be watching.

BTW, if you have a broadband internet connection, you can see the next episode at NBC.com. They're going to show the remaining episodes there.

NBC is in such dire straits right now that nothing they do surprises me. They still have a few shows that I really enjoy watching (the L&Os, MEDIUM, CROSSING JORDAN, MY NAME IS EARL and THE OFFICE), but they are really hurting in the hits/buzz department right now.

Ben

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2006, 07:49:48 AM »

Donald, Great Show this week! Thanks.

FJL

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2006, 07:57:40 AM »

Re THREEPENNY - To be fair, there HAVE been some good reviews, and among the pans, many (Brantley very clearly excluded) have been respectful of what Scott Elliott and Wallace Shawn were TRYING to do, but just found the overall effect overbearing or even ultimately boring.

Interesting that Brantley mentions how bad the reviews in the U.S. for the first production of THREEPENNY OPERA.  So many shows flop and never get another chance at finding an audience, let alone later be hailed as a masterpiece.  But it seems that some of the original THREEPENNY reviews in the U.S. were simply awful.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2006, 08:04:54 AM »

Have to go get started on my usual Friday chores, so I need to head down to clean up.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2006, 08:16:05 AM »

And the word of the day is: PUGILIST!
...And I've got a pugi list
And not one of them'd be missed
Not one of them'd be missed!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2006, 08:17:42 AM »

Tom and Antonia, I loved Drowsy Chaperone but I don't want to push it too much due to the overkill factor. A couple of friends who have seen it went with high expectations (based on my raves) and came away underwhelmed. Just take it for what it is and enjoy yourself.
Hmmmm...Sounds like the kind of show that will work better away from NYC and the hype machine.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2006, 08:24:06 AM »

Media report: Books:

Arthur Schwartz's New York City Food.  Good news: Schwartz doesn't even pretend that NYC has a cuisine, as New Orleans does (as an example).  Instead, he points out the multitude of influences, and how they have remained separate yet work together.  An interesting read, a good history, and with recipes to boot!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2006, 08:33:40 AM »

Did anybody else watch SURVIVOR last night?

I did happen to watch, although it was the only time I've seen an episode this season. I took an instant dislike to the Manson-like dude with what appeared to be fortune-cookie fortunes tatooed all over his body. And yes, a little bit of that writhing around in the tent in agony went a long way.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2006, 09:03:19 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

-Well, it's just Noon here in New York City. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2006, 09:03:39 AM »

A Post is a Post is a Post...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

But seriously, where HAS Jose got to?

I'm here!  I'm here!  And I know I should be bitch-slapped from here (Uptown/West Harlem) down to Battery Park and back for my errant and truantness.  It's just been a strangely(?) busy couple of days.  It even caught me off-guard at just how much stuff I had to do besides Lestat the past week.  Thankfully, I've had some pretty productive days lately, and I'm basically caught up on "real life" stuff - bills, mail, phone calls, e-mails, etc.  Which is a good thing since next week will be jam-packed with various and sundried activities - including an Opening Night on Tuesday... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2006, 09:13:30 AM »

JoseSPiano is back and all is right with the world!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2006, 09:17:52 AM »

JoseSPiano is back and all is right with the world!!!

Awwww...

:-*

As they say...  I never left... I was always near by...

*And we - my roommates and I - are seriously thinking of chipping in and buying our upstairs neighbor a new cordless phone set.  Apparently, they have an older - lower frequency - set which ends up screwing up our wireless internet connection - as well as everyone else's in the building, so...  There have been times when I've tried to check in over the past couple of days, but just haven't been able to access the internet in general.

-And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2006, 09:21:06 AM »

Hi Jose! Great to see you

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2006, 09:24:07 AM »

As for the Friday Media Check...