Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: I WAS A LAZY LOAFER  (Read 13461 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: I WAS A LAZY LOAFER
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2012, 02:35:43 PM »

And again...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2012, 02:36:07 PM »

PAGE 4
Make Your Own Luck.

ChasSmith

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »

Wow, Dublin is just about upon us.  What are your departure and return dates, DR Elmore?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2012, 02:37:42 PM »

!!!!FINALLY PAGE FOUR DANCE!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2012, 02:40:05 PM »

Hello, everyone.

The news here is that I've now had two migraines in the last two weeks or so--after not having had one for 25 years or more! Ugh! The last one was a doozy, with a few weird and distressing symptoms on top of the usual visual disturbances and pain. I saw two doctors. The first stated he doesn't know what's causing it. The second one, my acupuncturist, has an idea and is treating me, but we will have to keep an eye on it. I'm still recovering and reading is a bit difficult at times.

On the positive side, I purchased a new form of magnesium called Neuro-Mag (manufactured by Life Extension) a month or so ago. It REALLY helps with migraines! It took me a little while to think of taking it during the first migraine, but I took it right away during the second one. The blind spots went away more quickly, the headache came on more slowly and wasn't as severe as usual. Highly recommended. Of course, if you know how NOT to get migraines in the first place, please tell me!

I'm very sorry about the migraines.  I've also passed your mag tip onto a friend who suffers from them.

VIBES YOU DON'T GET ANYMORE!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2012, 02:42:59 PM »

So...

Before my internet goes out again...

I went to a wonderful concert last night at Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall. It was part of their Mostly Mozart Festival, and featured the MM Orchestra and conductor, Yannick Nézet-Séguin - who is about to take the full time helm of the Philadelphia Orchestra. I heard him with his "home band" - the Rotterdam Philharmonic - last season, and marveled at his musicianship and ability to draw the best out of his players. Last night was no exception.

I almost passed on the program since it featured two warhorses of the symphonic and choral literature: Beethoven's Symphony No. 2, and Haydn's "Lord Nelson" Mass.

In an word... WOW!

From the opening gestures of the Beethoven, I was just bowled over by the sound I was hearing. So much energy behind. And I love watching Maestro Nézet-Séguin conduct! He reminds me of the first time I saw Ricardo Chailly conduct live - almost giggling on the podium, winking from time to time as he gave cues to different sections of the orchestra, while still respecting the intentions of the Composer. It was truly one the best orchestral concerts I've ever attended.

*And there was nice pre-concert recital by Benjamin Bielman. He played the Prokofiev Violin Sonata in D. Again, beautiful.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »

Saturday morning greetings!  I'm supposed to be at Sharonville Convention Center at a Stampaway XX, but I had 2 nosebleeds last night (#%&@ meds!).  Even though I did manage to sleep from 4-9:30, I'm not sure how smart it would be to take off alone to drive 20 miles and spend several hours navigating a crowded exhibit hall.

I'm glad you are staying home instead of driving so far on your own.

Too late, DR Jane - I was already on my way to Cincinnati by the time you posted this.  I'd read on Facebook that Stampaway is less crowded in the afternoon than first thing in the morning, so I waited until things calmed down for me and decided to try it.  Got along fine - bought a few things and talked to a lot of nice vendors.

Did I mention that the first lady I met in my first class on Thursday was from Medford, Oregon?  She works in a stamping or scrapbooking store.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2012, 02:43:37 PM »

And I liked last night's program so much that I'm going back again tonight for it's "repeat". :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2012, 02:43:44 PM »

No migraine vibes for DR Jeanne!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »

My nieces were so excited they were both screaming.

Cute.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2012, 02:45:52 PM »

~~~~~ANTI-MIGRAINE VIBES TO DR JEANNE~~~~~

*A friend of mine has just recently learned that her "cheese trigger" for migraines has gotten much more acute over the past couple of months. Alas, she's a sous-chef and has deal with cheese on a daily basis, especially bries and bleus. :-/
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2012, 02:46:30 PM »

And I'm still on a high from my bike ride earlier today too.

WWWHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2012, 02:46:33 PM »

We got our first gold medal at the Olympics today (Canada). Very exciting. My nieces were so excited they were both screaming.

I saw that this morning, DR Jennifer - congratulations, Canada!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »

DR DANISE - I hope the fix/repair for your car window is fast and cheap. -And speaking from experience, if the glass did not break and it just dropped in the door, it should be. It's when it sticks and gets stuck that the repair tends to be more involved.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »

And time to meet up with some folks at the bar across the street - which, apparently, is the oldest "alternative adult establishment" in NYC - before I head back up to Lincoln Center.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2012, 02:55:56 PM »

Saturday morning greetings!  I'm supposed to be at Sharonville Convention Center at a Stampaway XX, but I had 2 nosebleeds last night (#%&@ meds!).  Even though I did manage to sleep from 4-9:30, I'm not sure how smart it would be to take off alone to drive 20 miles and spend several hours navigating a crowded exhibit hall.

I'm glad you are staying home instead of driving so far on your own.

Too late, DR Jane - I was already on my way to Cincinnati by the time you posted this.  I'd read on Facebook that Stampaway is less crowded in the afternoon than first thing in the morning, so I waited until things calmed down for me and decided to try it.  Got along fine - bought a few things and talked to a lot of nice vendors.

Did I mention that the first lady I met in my first class on Thursday was from Medford, Oregon?  She works in a stamping or scrapbooking store.

LOL I figured by your post you decided to stay home.  I'm relieved all went well. 

You didn't mention the Medford lady.  Did you make sure she wasn't related to DR MBarnum? ;)  I doubt I would know the store she works at.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »

And I liked last night's program so much that I'm going back again tonight for it's "repeat". :)

:)

Jane

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2012, 02:57:36 PM »

~~~~~ANTI-MIGRAINE VIBES TO DR JEANNE~~~~~

*A friend of mine has just recently learned that her "cheese trigger" for migraines has gotten much more acute over the past couple of months. Alas, she's a sous-chef and has deal with cheese on a daily basis, especially bries and bleus. :-/

Blue cheese used to be on the list of foods that cause headaches.  I try to avoid all mold cheeses.

Danise

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »

Hi all.  If I sound like a grumpy 5 year old that needs a nap, it's because I feel like a grumpy 5 year old who needs a nap.

The repair came to around $325.00.  Something about the entire lift going bad.  I have no idea.  Anyway it's fixed.

I didn't get the laundry done but will do that tomorrow.

I don't know why my sleep apnea is worse.  I thought I was doing better.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »

No more nosebleeds to DR Ginny.
Ditto!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2012, 03:34:05 PM »

And she seems to be liking her new home.

IT is VERY NICE to have her meet me at the door when I come home.

:)  :)
  I'm sure she just loves her new home and you!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2012, 03:35:14 PM »

I meant to congratulate DR John G on seeing his newly-published book at Costco. Congrats!
Many congrats!  What is the title again?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »

Hello, everyone.

The news here is that I've now had two migraines in the last two weeks or so--after not having had one for 25 years or more! Ugh! The last one was a doozy, with a few weird and distressing symptoms on top of the usual visual disturbances and pain. I saw two doctors. The first stated he doesn't know what's causing it. The second one, my acupuncturist, has an idea and is treating me, but we will have to keep an eye on it. I'm still recovering and reading is a bit difficult at times.

On the positive side, I purchased a new form of magnesium called Neuro-Mag (manufactured by Life Extension) a month or so ago. It REALLY helps with migraines! It took me a little while to think of taking it during the first migraine, but I took it right away during the second one. The blind spots went away more quickly, the headache came on more slowly and wasn't as severe as usual. Highly recommended. Of course, if you know how NOT to get migraines in the first place, please tell me!

Sorry i hope you feel better. I think one of the tricks for migraines is taking your migraine pill before the migraine starts. Although sometimes it is hard to tell when you start to get a headache (if it's going to be a migraine or a headache).

I think I've only had like 3 or 4 migraines in my life. I have a prescription for fiorinol.

There is a lady at work that gets those.  They sound horrible.  Mega Vibes for feeling better! 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »

Wow, Dublin is just about upon us.  What are your departure and return dates, DR Elmore?

August 11-23. Keep them travel vibes coming!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2012, 04:11:25 PM »

No more nosebleeds to DR Ginny.
Ditto!!!!

Thank you, DRs Jeanne and Danise - so far, so good...

Jane

« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »

I don't know why my sleep apnea is worse.  I thought I was doing better.

Be careful not to fall asleep without wearing your contraption!!!!

Jane

« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2012, 04:26:20 PM »

August 11-23. Keep them travel vibes coming!

It seems a little early for travel vibes but here you go....

SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES!!!

Jane

« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2012, 04:27:38 PM »

Craig is in the garage organizing his belongings, some to go & some to stay.  Yogi & Kitty are in the laundry room waiting for him.  Since my desk is also in the laundry room we are all hanging out together.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2012, 04:51:21 PM »

i think I am going to try and convince Vixdad to become a Mormon --- we need a couple of extra wives around here 

Instead, I think you need a couple of extra husbands.  Then the husbands can all go to work, and you can quit that horrible job!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2012, 04:52:04 PM »

One more post.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up