Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TOWER-ING INFERNO  (Read 27956 times)

Danise

Re:THE TOWER-ING INFERNO
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2006, 02:15:42 PM »

Evening folks!  We had lots of rain this afternoon as a cold front made it's way past us.  I plan on making some home made veggie/beef soup tonight in the slow cooker for tomorrow night.  Yum!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2006, 02:16:41 PM »

A live report as we pass the gas station that it's down to 2.11 for regular.   To bad it won't stay that way for long.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2006, 02:16:42 PM »

My ex-partner Frank came over this afternoon, and we did watch X-MEN 3. Sensational transfer with choice of Dolby Digital EX or DTS-ES sound. Naturally, I opted for DTS-ES, and it was like a wall of sound all around us. Amazing. And the film is a living comic book. About as deep as a thimble, but infinitely entertaining, and the best DVD for male eye candy that I know about currently.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #183 on: October 12, 2006, 02:17:48 PM »

Mr Haines and Mr Patinkin are nowhere near the same ballpark!  Mr Haines has a way with a melody, a lyric and a turn of phrase that the overindulgent Mr P will never understand.  Mr Haines elegantly presents a song while Mr P tortures it to death in the name of ego.

And then there's the Forbidden Broadway song about Mandy, "Somewhat Overindulgent!"

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2006, 02:18:37 PM »

I need to get the new Xmen DVD but lord knows when I'll get around to watching it.  The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is still sitting in the wrapper, untouched.

Gotta run.

Have a wonderful evening all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2006, 02:24:37 PM »

Regarding yesterday's BK question about best and worst looking celebs at the Ray Court's show...I agree...Diane McBain is still stunning!!!

Also, Paul Mantee, even at 70 years old, was a hunk! And I never saw a guy with bigger hands!

You know what they say about men with big hands (and feet, too)... ;)

(They wear big gloves and shoes.) ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2006, 02:25:49 PM »

MBarnum, those were wonderful pictures!  I definitely need to get an actual digital camera.  My phone camera is okay during the day in natural light, but at night...not so good. :-\

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2006, 02:30:19 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2006, 02:36:03 PM »

How ridiculous!  Narrow aisles and towering shelves that can only be reached by ladder are what great old bookstores are about.   What do the disabled expect the bookstore to do?  Moved to a bigger facility that would cost more in rent (to say nothing of the move) just to accommodate them?  Either that or cut half their stock.

For the most part I do agree with you and there are some things that can not and should not be changed. However, some accomodations can be made such as modifying customer service aspect and the like.  I, for one love the old ladders and comfy couches.  That is an aspect I don't ever want to see change but with creativity some things can be accomplished.

I have some empathy for the disabled for I am partially deaf and in some situations I am rendered totally deaf. It is a double edged sword and the feelings can cut either way. I try and remain partial but prejudice is the greatest enemy.  

I try not use the word disability that much for it is such a negative word. I prefer challenges and the is purely a subjective term that I prefer.  I respect that people have an opinion. I have seen both the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to prejudice and I do mean ugly.

:: I will now jump down off my soapbox::::  and say no more on this topic..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 02:42:24 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2006, 02:40:27 PM »

I need to get the new Xmen DVD but lord knows when I'll get around to watching it.  The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is still sitting in the wrapper, untouched.

Gotta run.

Have a wonderful evening all!

Danise, is it the recent theatrical release of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe or the BBC production?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2006, 02:41:09 PM »

Edisaurus,
What makes you think that we Hainsie/Kimlets are NOT writing dirty books? :)
I am absolutely not writing dirty books!!!!

I'm not against posing for the covers, however!!!   ;D ;D ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2006, 02:42:50 PM »

Just took a glance at the overnight ratings, and as I feared (and predicted), THE NINE took quite a tumble falling 30% from its premiere last week. It finished third in the timeslot to CSI: NY (which saw a big jump) and NBC's DATELINE (which replaced KIDNAPPED).

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2006, 02:43:10 PM »

Hmmm is Edi writing dirty books???

SWW, you mean you aren't?? :-)

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2006, 02:50:11 PM »

Hmmm.... another of my predictions is coming true. MEDIUM is being brought back to NBC in mid-November to fill the Wednesday at 10 timeslot vacated by KIDNAPPED.

Maybe I'm the medium?  ;D

No, I'm a large, for sure.  ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2006, 02:56:31 PM »

Hmmm.... another of my predictions is coming true. MEDIUM is being brought back to NBC in mid-November to fill the Wednesday at 10 timeslot vacated by KIDNAPPED.

Maybe I'm the medium?  ;D

No, I'm a large, for sure.  ;D

I saw Medium a couple of times during the summer and rather liked it.

Matt H.

« Reply #195 on: October 12, 2006, 03:06:04 PM »

I saw Medium a couple of times during the summer and rather liked it.

The DVDs of both seasons are out and available. It's really an engrossing series and very different from the usual crime procedural.

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2006, 03:07:35 PM »

Off to watch another GREY'S ANATOMY episode and also last night's PROJECT RUNWAY.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #197 on: October 12, 2006, 03:08:19 PM »

Oddly enough, when I moved to California, I discovered another Bert Smith's Acres of Books in Long Beach.  It was the same Bert Smith from Cincinnati.  He had apparently moved to Long Beach at some point and had sold the book store in Cincy, which retained the name.  The store in Long Beach was also great and, as far as I know, still there.
The store has a website.  Does that help?

Oh, wait, der B already posted this.  Dang.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 03:48:55 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2006, 03:10:30 PM »

Oh, that tussle between Isaiah Washington and Patrick Dempsey on the set of GREY'S ANATOMY happened on Monday and was all over the internet by Wednesday.

Supposedly, the fight started when Washington made a surly comment to T. R. Knight about being late to the set. Dempsey defended him and told Washington to pick on someone his own size which is when Washington lunged for Dempsey's neck.

The scuttlebutt is that Washington has been enviously chafing for quite some time about the amount of attention that has been lavished on Dr. McDreamy since the premiere of the show, and it finally came to this on the set.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2006, 03:36:55 PM »

PROJECT RUNWAY 3 -- SPOILERS

Part 1 of the two-part finale aired last night.

Did we learn of Jeffrey's fate?

There was a moment during previews for next week when we heard -- "...and unfortunately..." -- WHAT? "Unfortunately WHAT, Tim?" !!!!!

My mind raced...and my thoughts were that it was a red herring...that "unfortunately", Jeffrey was put through the embarrassment of suspicion and investigation for nothing.

Jeffrey's reaction -- was it one of grieving...or overwhelming relief/release?

?????????????????????

(Read this story, paying close attention to Laura's comments and Jeffrey's. And then tell me what you think about it:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/project-runway-3-finalist-laura-bennett-stands-by-cheating-allegation-4364.php )

Did Laura piss us off?

Oh, HELL YES! One can attribute much to editing...but frankly, they can't edit footage that didn't exist in the first place, and Laura's lips were curled in a sneer the moment she walked into the hotel room and greeted Uli and Michael. She seems to seethe with disdain for Jeffrey. And she's discounting Michael way too much when she talks about "beating Jeffrey". I pray she doesn't win Project Runway 3.

Did Michael have anything to say about it?

Yes.

But mild-mannered Michael missed making much more than mimickry of Laura's comments.

AND there's something fishy to this whole suspicion streak -- EVEN IF Jeffrey had someone finish some of his garments (hems, hooks, etc.), that STILL would not explain how the garments fitted the models beautifully to such an extent that he doesn't need to do more. Are they suggesting he pre-selected his models, flew them out to LA and had the garments fitted to them?

I believe in Jeffrey. And I believe he's had far more experience making clothes than any of them.

Did Uli care?

Bless her heart. Uli is a sweet soul.

Stay tuned!

I need one of those clocks like Matthew Perry's character has in his office on "Studio 60".

« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 03:37:32 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2006, 03:40:19 PM »

You know what they say about men with big hands (and feet, too)... ;)

Yeah....keep their hands off the crystal and china....and their feet off the sofa.

;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 03:46:03 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2006, 03:42:46 PM »

Where is DR RLP?

Aren't you just the most considerate man?  I'm here.  Have been preoccupied with life and busy work.  But I'm around.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2006, 03:43:51 PM »

70 and big . . . hands.  i'll bet that perked you right up.  Were you looking for the Wedding Chapel?

8)  ROTFL  :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2006, 03:51:33 PM »

Der B is calling me away to watch some television.

Slavedriver, that's what he is, a total slavedriver.

::)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2006, 03:51:46 PM »

Mr Haines and Mr Patinkin are nowhere near the same ballpark!  

Song Fight!

"Marie" Throw Down! (Vertical testing of Randy Newman's beautiful waltz "Marie")

Arena: My car stereo

The winner: Guy Haines, T.K.O.!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2006, 03:55:16 PM »

THe coffee shops as of late have been the only really friendly places for chat and enjoyment. If you are interested in hiphop there are a few places but other music genres you are at a loss.

North Dakota Hiphop!  Now, THAT is a frightening thought.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Edisaurus

« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2006, 04:03:15 PM »

North Dakota Hiphop!  Now, THAT is a frightening thought.

Down here in Georgia, it's known as HickHop.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2006, 04:08:44 PM »

The genre of HickHop is embodied (and what a body!) in the music artist currently know as Cowboy Troy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2006, 04:13:11 PM »

Song Fight!

"Marie" Throw Down! (Vertical testing of Randy Newman's beautiful waltz "Marie")

Arena: My car stereo

The winner: Guy Haines, T.K.O.!

Well, ya know, edi, the Guy Haines song that moves me to tears is "The Cowboy Waltz."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #209 on: October 12, 2006, 04:25:58 PM »

Well, ya know, edi, the Guy Haines song that moves me to tears is "The Cowboy Waltz."

I LOVE that song....and Guy's performance. :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up