Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: KIMMEL ON KINDLE  (Read 21848 times)

Laura

Re: KIMMEL ON KINDLE
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2010, 08:14:58 AM »

DR Sandra has a Kindle.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2010, 08:15:55 AM »

At this time I don't have a need for a Kindle, but I can see where it might come in very handy, particularly for those who are on the road alot and don't want to carry around a bunch of books.

In my case, most of the books I read are those that I intend to keep, either for research purposes (books on films, bios, etc) or for sentimental reasons (the Benjamin Kritzer books, books by people who I know, etc.), so a Kindle would not be a good investment for me....maybe when I retire and have time to read a wider selection of books something like that might come in handy.

I think it is nice to have this option for those it would suit.

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2010, 08:23:40 AM »

A most happy birthday to you, DR Druxy!! Go out and make some snow angels!

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2010, 08:25:17 AM »

Happy Birthday DR DRUXY!!!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2010, 08:25:34 AM »

Who knew there were politically incorrect birf'day birthday cards?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2010, 08:27:26 AM »

Lawdy!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2010, 08:27:36 AM »

DR Cillaliz wrote re: last night's ICE DANCING

I loved the ice dancing tonight!!! Fabulous skating and wonderful results.   I like the ice dancing much better than the pairs figure skating

I also loved it. The two top teams were so mesmerizing. And i love that they are all best friends. I"m surprised though that you loved the results.  I stayed up till the bitter end.  Wow, totally thrilling. I had tears in my eyes!

I thought they skated lovely and deserved to win.  It really isn't about national pride for me in the individual or pair sports. It's not about medal count either.  It's more about people fulfilling their dreams after years of hard work.  Besides, they train in the USA ;)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2010, 08:30:14 AM »

I was griping about the rain when I drove in this morning but now I'm seeing that it's doing a good job of washing away a great deal of the snow that's been lingering about. 

Now if we can only avoid getting hit by the snow storm that's a'comin' later this week...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2010, 08:30:21 AM »

Birthday Snow!

There's something I'm not ever likely to see.

Me either! (My birthday is in July)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:32:02 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2010, 08:35:22 AM »

I go back and forth on the Kindle.  I have looked at other "readers" in stores and while I think they are cool. But, after spending a good portion of the day looking at computers for work and enjoyment, I like reading off of paper.   I also can see getting to the best part of a book and having the batteries die.  THat would be my luck

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2010, 08:36:41 AM »

I'm all ready to go - I'll leave at nine, do my banking, and then toddle on over to the casting session - one must get there early if one wants a parking space.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2010, 08:40:46 AM »

I received my CD of ELMER GANTRY yesterday...listened to it on the way to work...just beautiful! I do love Andre Previn and I am so happy that you have released more of his lovely music, BK!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2010, 08:49:53 AM »

Kindle?  No!  Never!  I'm a man who has over 5-6, 000 books.  There is a tactile experience that goes along with reading a book...I like turning pages, feeling bindings, the scent of them...no kindle for me!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2010, 08:57:21 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR Druxy

I have a Kindle and I do like using it.  However, for Kritzerland releases, it will always be the real thing!

td

• td
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2010, 08:57:58 AM »

HAPPY NATAL DAY DR DRUXY!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2010, 08:58:22 AM »

Who knew there were politically incorrect birf'day birthday cards?

If you want to talk "politically incorrect," try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04BhAxBNWIo

Merv's reaction is priceless.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:17:27 AM by Druxy »
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2010, 09:06:29 AM »

I shall now be on my way to a casting session.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2010, 09:15:39 AM »

Greetings from Toyland!

I am in a very crabby and irritable mood today. There are several people from the fallout that i wish to see dead ASAP and I don't like the fact that I have this hatred and ill will toward former friends.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2010, 09:17:14 AM »

DR Sandra has a Kindle.

Does she like it

Laura

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2010, 09:33:29 AM »

I guess so. She hasn't said much about it. Maybe she doesn't. But she has NO MORE ROOM for books.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2010, 09:46:29 AM »

If you want to talk "politically incorrect," try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04BhAxBNWIo

Merv's reaction is priceless.

OMG!  I almost peed myself!  Pat Paulsen was a genius!
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2010, 09:47:16 AM »

I loved the ice dancing tonight!!! Fabulous skating and wonderful results.   I like the ice dancing much better than the pairs figure skating

I also loved it. The two top teams were so mesmerizing. And i love that they are all best friends. I"m surprised though that you loved the results.  I stayed up till the bitter end.  Wow, totally thrilling. I had tears in my eyes!

I thought they skated lovely and deserved to win.  It really isn't about national pride for me in the individual or pair sports. It's not about medal count either.  It's more about people fulfilling their dreams after years of hard work.  Besides, they train in the USA ;)

Ditto.  I've always loved the pure peformance.  The only nationalistic issues I've had are when blocs of judges propped up skaters from a specific region at the expense of better performances.  Over the past several decades, this has happened many, many, MANY times.

Vote trading has also been an issue that has cost many wonderful skaters titles.  In 1980, reigning world champion ladies figure skater Linda Fratianne skated beautifully at the Olympics, only to be ousted for Gold by East German Annette Poetsch, whose free skate was energetic (to the overture of "Funny Girl") but inferior to Fratianne's.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2010, 09:49:20 AM »

I am in a very crabby and irritable mood today.

Just today ?   

;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2010, 09:49:46 AM »

Greetings from Toyland!

I am in a very crabby and irritable mood today. There are several people from the fallout that i wish to see dead ASAP and I don't like the fact that I have this hatred and ill will toward former friends.

{{{*Hugs*}}}

Now go watch the YouTube clip DR Druxy posted--you'll be too busy laughing to hate anyone...
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2010, 09:50:36 AM »

I think Ice Boxing would make an interesting Olympic sport...
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2010, 09:53:46 AM »

I think Ice Boxing would make an interesting Olympic sport...

LOL! Indeed.

Jennifer

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2010, 10:22:43 AM »

I go back and forth on the Kindle.  I have looked at other "readers" in stores and while I think they are cool. But, after spending a good portion of the day looking at computers for work and enjoyment, I like reading off of paper.   I also can see getting to the best part of a book and having the batteries die.  THat would be my luck

I have not really thought of getting one, since i get most of my books from the library.  But I wonder if i just don't think i would like it. Maybe i would.

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2010, 10:24:58 AM »

re: last night's ICE DANCING RESULTS

It's different here.  Everybody is all about the Canadian performers.  I can appreciate the other skaters. But I will always be cheering for the Canadian.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »

There's a rumor that Amazon is going to give free Kindles to Amazon Prime subscribers.  I don't know if that means it would be a gift for new subscribers only or to anyone who already subscribes.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2010, 10:29:24 AM »

So for the ice dancing last night, none of you guys would cheer for the US pair to win if you liked another team's performance better?

Maybe it's because we don't have that many gold medalists here.  But it is a huge deal for us to be going for a gold medal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up