Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: LEGALLY BLONDE  (Read 28641 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:LEGALLY BLONDE
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2007, 12:58:52 PM »

Today's MSN Headline:

Remants of Noel rake Northeast

Personally I think that's going above and beyond--Lord knows there are a *lot* of leaves to rake in the Northeast and what with an injured hand and all, it's really indicative of how helpful Noel is--EXCEPT WHEN IT COMES TO NAMING DECADES-OLD TV THEMES.   ;D ;D ;D  (He PM'd me about it--he doesn't know, either).  ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 12:59:20 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ben

« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2007, 01:00:35 PM »

I loved Pamela, Judd Hirsch, Martin Balsam and Gene Saks in the little seen film THE GOODBYE PEOPLE, based on the Herb Gardner play.

We were friendly with her when she was filming Goodbye People. She had done some film and television and lots of theatre in New York but I think this was one of her first big film roles and she was treated well, although she had a hectic schedule and would talk about having the car arrive to take her to the set at something like 4:00am.

We were also with her one night when she got the news that she had a role in one of her first big made-for-telvision movies. If I recall correctly, it was the one where she was a reporter who really needed a job and ended up working for an Enquirer-type rag. It was called Scandal Sheet. She was so excited that she wanted to celebrate so we all went to the Oak Room at the Algonquin. What a wonderful evening that was.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2007, 01:32:34 PM »

I've gotten most of my Sunday chores completed. I still have the guest bathroom to clean, but otherwise, I have been busy.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2007, 01:35:41 PM »

As far as viewing goes, I spent all afternoon watching the remaining episodes on BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ. Still, there is a two hour epilogue that I'll be watching when I go back down.

I also took at peak at the supplemental disc. It contains the 1931 movie version of the novel (I think it runs about 100 minutes) along with a bunch of documentaries on the miniseries and the remastering of it for this disc. I would say there looks to be at least two-three hours of supplements.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2007, 01:37:08 PM »

The story was very sad, of course, and quite depressing when one looks at the entire 13 episodes. The few momoents of peace and happiness that happen to Franz are always taken away by something horrendous almost before he can enjoy them. Allusions are often made to Job during the show, and they're apt references.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2007, 02:00:48 PM »

Guess I'll head down now and get the last of the Sunday chores done. Then, back to the TV for the epilogue of BA.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2007, 02:04:35 PM »

Where in the heck is everyone today?

Today, I went to my sister's house to put up some shelves for her new shed.  It was pretty easy, but loud (I had to pound the metal support beams together).  Now I'm at home and am watching last night's 13th season premiere of "Mad TV" in their new studio. I'm only about 20 minutes into the one hour show and they have yet to perform anything live for the audience.  It's all been filmed clips...very funny stuff, but nothing (so far) has been performed in front of the audience.  We'll see what the rest of it will be like.  After that will be multiple episodes of shows that I haven't caught up on..."Las Vegas," "Dirty Sexy Money," "Samantha Who," and several others.  I know I won't get to all of them, but I should get a good start.  And at 6:00 pm will be rehearsal until 10:00 pm.  It'll be a long night. :P

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2007, 02:53:24 PM »

maybe that explains it's lack of viewers. air a show about a jewish family on friday night when all the "good" jews are in temple & not home to up the ratings.

I was disappointed that Brooklyn Bridge did not do better in the ratings. I rather enjoyed it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2007, 02:54:51 PM »

On my screen just popped up the most heinous ad at teh top of the screen...

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2007, 03:22:04 PM »

Back from a lovely day in Cincinnati.  DH Richard conducted a flawless morning prayer service and then we went out to lunch with DS Rob and DG Mary Linda.  Richard and I stopped at Kenwood Towne Center, where I bought 3 shirts and 3 pairs of shoes for myself and 5 of those peanut butter and jelly spreaders for Christmas stockings (Richard, Rob, ML, my mother, my aunt).  

The latter I found at Williams-Sonoma, where I commended the staff on all the Thanksgiving displays they had - most other stores have gone from Halloween right on to Christmas.  I love the Thanksgiving accoutrements and am about to bring ours up from the basement and deck the halls with turkeys and pilgrims and such.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 03:23:02 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2007, 03:34:11 PM »

WS knows how to decorate their stores.  i believe portland is our closet store, too far for a day trip.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2007, 03:47:18 PM »

Just now, I walked back over to the church to feed the fish in the fountain, whom I had forgotten in the hectic morning. I decided to do a walk-around and check all the doors, since I had not been the one to lock up this morning.

When I went around the back side, which faces the street, there in a crevice I found a trembling dog. Luckily he had tags and I had a cell phone. He was worn out enough that he let me read the tag and call the number on the tag.

The person was stunned. He correctly described the dog and said he was making a U-turn that instant. I directed him to the church and brought him around to where the dog was. The dog wearily stood up when he  saw the man, and we could see he had an injured leg. The dog had been out on the street for several days.

So a lost dog has been returned home to a grateful family.

I invited the owner to come visit us sometime and told him that he was the recipient of an answered prayer today.  

:)

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2007, 03:51:11 PM »

DR Laura you must be feeling much better than yesterday.  such a touching story, brought tears to my eyes.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2007, 03:55:59 PM »

I just found him on a lost pet website. There was a $200 reward for him.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2007, 03:56:56 PM »

it is beautiful here today so we took Sherlock for a, far too short for me, hike and then went into town for lunch.  

the only restaurants with outdoor seating, away from the sidewalks, were the ones that don't allow dogs.  i went to the the restaurant we wanted to dine at and the waitress was kind enough to set us us up outside.  

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2007, 03:56:59 PM »

Yesterday was a frustrating day.

Today was too.

So I'm glad to have a happy story.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2007, 03:57:29 PM »

lol-were u offered a reward?

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2007, 03:59:54 PM »

Back from a lovely day in Cincinnati.  DH Richard conducted a flawless morning prayer service and then we went out to lunch with DS Rob and DG Mary Linda.  Richard and I stopped at Kenwood Towne Center, where I bought 3 shirts and 3 pairs of shoes for myself and 5 of those peanut butter and jelly spreaders for Christmas stockings (Richard, Rob, ML, my mother, my aunt).  

The latter I found at Williams-Sonoma, where I commended the staff on all the Thanksgiving displays they had - most other stores have gone from Halloween right on to Christmas.  I love the Thanksgiving accoutrements and am about to bring ours up from the basement and deck the halls with turkeys and pilgrims and such.

Do you have a Priscilla and John?

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2007, 04:01:12 PM »

lol-were u offered a reward?

No. It is on the lost dog website.

Here is the skinny dog. The photo is from the lost dog website.

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2007, 04:02:17 PM »

DR Laura - very sweet, and I think you deserve the reward!

Speaking of dogs, DR Jane, before church I met Rob and Mary Linda at Starbucks and as we were leaving ML pointed out a Bernese whose people were having coffee outside.  That dog was beautiful and HUGE!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2007, 04:02:17 PM »

No. It is on the lost dog website.

Here is the skinny dog. The photo is from the lost dog website.

Sounds like they'll need the $$ for vet care

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2007, 04:04:03 PM »

DR Laura, maybe they'll still give you a reward. I'm sure the shock and joy of knowing their dog was found and the concern over his condition may have put the reward right out of their minds.....well, one can hope

td

• td
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2007, 04:04:19 PM »

DD Dixie Bell (and I) think that DR DearReaderLaura should be made a saint.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2007, 04:04:25 PM »

Do you have a Priscilla and John?

Well, I do have a set of pilgrim salt & pepper shakers - I guess they're now named  :D  They're standing in the shadow box above the piano, along with some turkey figures, etc.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2007, 04:06:20 PM »

i doubt dr laura would have accepted the reward, i was just curious.  i hope they let you know how he is doing.

ginny, how big?  did u ask his weight?  

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2007, 04:09:01 PM »

ginny, how big?  did u ask his weight?  

We were running a little late to get back to church, so didn't stop to talk.  I'm listening to the last of the Mitford books by Jan Karon, in which Father Tim acquires a dog that he describes as being "the size of a Buick."  This one appeared to be in that category.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2007, 04:09:32 PM »

It is what any person would do. Luckily I had a cell phone and the owner had his phone with him. He said he was headed out to hike and would have left his phone in his car.

I wouldn't take a reward, but if he wanted, he could give it to the church.

I usually check that door from the inside. I'm glad I walked around outside.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2007, 04:09:37 PM »

DR Laura, if i'm mistaken i've just put my foot in my mouth, something i'm an expert at ;D

Jane

« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2007, 04:10:42 PM »

i was too late posting that-lol  

Jane

« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2007, 04:12:27 PM »

yesterday there was a flyer on our mailbox for a lost dog.  i'm keeping the flyer in my car, just in case.  unfortunately found notices never get sent out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up