Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I, POD  (Read 84719 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:I, POD
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2005, 12:53:16 PM »

Written -
Dave Barry (HUGE fan of Dave Barry)  I think it's his word selection that makes him so funny...he has a way of telling the most simple story that has me in tears.  

Yes he's wonderful and he just quit his column!! I no longer need to buy the paper....
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2005, 12:54:24 PM »

I wasn't the least bit shocked about Boone and Shannon on LOST last night. Like DR RLP, I thought Boone was gay, but seeing some of the looks the actor playing Boone was giving his step-sister, it soon seemed obvious he was at least bisexual if not compeltely hetero.

The two of them running from the monster was exciting, I jumped out of my chair at one point, and the revelation was a total surprise to me.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2005, 12:55:10 PM »

Hi everyone - I neglected to fill in the DR's that sent positive vibes this way about the impending Director of Music job that I was interviewing for.  I was hired!!!!  Actually, it's a little complicated, but for the meantime, I'm the interim Director until they work out the kinks with the other person currently in the position.  It's a long story...  As soon as all that is worked out, I'm official with a title and salary.  I'm excited as this is a great parish.

Doesn't that mac-mini look totally awesome???  I'm all over that!

vixmom

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2005, 12:56:32 PM »

Hi everyone - I neglected to fill in the DR's that sent positive vibes this way about the impending Director of Music job that I was interviewing for.  I was hired!!!!  Actually, it's a little complicated, but for the meantime, I'm the interim Director until they work out the kinks with the other person currently in the position.  It's a long story...  As soon as all that is worked out, I'm official with a title and salary.  I'm excited as this is a great parish.

Doesn't that mac-mini look totally awesome???  I'm all over that!

Congratulations Matt!!! I am sure they are lucky to get you

Tomovoz

« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2005, 12:57:14 PM »

Congratulations Matthew.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2005, 12:59:29 PM »

DRMatthew, good news!

I have to get ready for my date tonight with Miss PennyO.  As DRJose says, laters.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2005, 01:00:20 PM »

As for ALIAS, I thought it was very exciting, the opening scene very funny with Marshall and Sydney. and Jack's solution to his dilemma just a temporary stopgap at best.

Still, these two shows - LOST and ALIAS - make a greatg pair of adventure hours back-to-back. Wednesday night is FUN again!

Matthew

« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2005, 01:01:49 PM »

Here's a throwback - does anyone have a video of "We Are the World"???  I'm covering that in class next week, I guess it's out of print.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2005, 01:01:58 PM »

DR Matthew, I can only put this in the words that I am sure some of the Church Elders will use when they hear of your appointment:  Mazel Tov!

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2005, 01:02:28 PM »

Congratulations, DR Matthew! Hope the complications get worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

Matthew

« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2005, 01:05:02 PM »

DR Stuart - when I left the service of the Catholic Church in June, disheartened by the clergy in which I was employed by, I considered, Judaism, I've always been fascinated by ritual.  Anyhow, thanks for the Mazel Tov!  :)

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2005, 01:05:08 PM »

I watched a DVD touting the background on the making of THE INCREDIBLES today. I'm sure this stuff will be included on the commercial DVD release of the film in March, but the movie certainly looks amazing. Haven't seen the actual film.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2005, 01:09:28 PM »

Congrats to DR Matthew...I'm incredibly jealous, of course, but still happy for you :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2005, 01:15:06 PM »

Congrats to DR Matthew!

DR Matthew, how long can you wait for the "We Are The World" video?  They are releasing a DVD on the making of the song on February 1st.  Here is the link on Amazon.

Whoops--I just reread your post--you need it next week!  Sorry about that!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 01:16:52 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2005, 01:15:59 PM »

I guessed THE SIXTH SENSE within 15 minutes of the movie's start, but his next one UNBREAKABLE was my favorite of his films, and it made the least money of any of them. I loved that film.

I felt so cheated with SIGNS that I didn't even watch or rent THE VILLAGE. I may watch it when it tops up on a premium movie channel like HBO, but I won't pay out another dime for his films.

Sorry, MattH, I loved THE SIXTH SENSE and I never saw the ending coming until it hit me over the head.  I was blown away.  I enjoyed SIGNS, but I would never put it in the same category as SENSE.  UNBREAKABLE was the only one of M. Night's films, that I have seen, that completely turned my stomach.  I would never sit through that film a second time.

And THAT is what makes horse racing!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matthew

« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2005, 01:24:22 PM »

DR Dan, maybe I'll wait!!!  Thanks for the link!

Tomovoz

« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2005, 01:26:52 PM »

Horse racing indeed.  Quite liked Sixth Sense despite that to me it was obvious from quite near the beginning. (What we have here is a failure to communicate) More obvious was the fact that I thought Mr Willis did NOTHING for the movie at all.  Very wooden performer IMHO.  The kid was great as was the wife.. "Signs" was not well received here and I don't know "Unbreakable".
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 01:28:28 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

vixmom

« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2005, 01:37:36 PM »

I watched a DVD touting the background on the making of THE INCREDIBLES today. I'm sure this stuff will be included on the commercial DVD release of the film in March, but the movie certainly looks amazing. Haven't seen the actual film.

DH, Vixter & I went to do the family outing thing, DH & I not expecting to like it, the film was ...

wait for it...

Incredible!!

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2005, 01:39:22 PM »

DR TCB, I never said I didn't enjoy THE SIXTH SENSE, only that its BIG surprise wasn't a surprise to me at all. I still found it involving and even a bit scary in places. (And what's funny is that THE OTHERS completely fooled me with a similar surprise!)

I went to see UNBREAKABLE with a bunch of teachers on my team at school, and not a one of them liked it at all, so you weren't alone in your feelings. I did, however, love it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 01:41:20 PM by Matt H. »

vixmom

« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2005, 02:01:09 PM »

Well the workday is over..time to face the crowd on the Long Island Distressway

Later

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2005, 02:08:40 PM »

Joke's on us department:  Looks like Betsy's secretary has found our emails to each other this morning asking about our incipient lesbianism.   :o
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2005, 02:23:43 PM »

I'm back from lunching with our very own Tammy Minoff, who sends her best.

Ben

« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2005, 02:24:50 PM »

DR George: A very public thank you for the quick service on my package. It arrived today. Also, you did an amazing job either with a color copier or a color printer on the inlay cards! It looks great and the CD sounds great. I do love it.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2005, 02:26:19 PM »

Oh, your talking about her second sitcom.  That one was just not funny at all.  The writing was terrible.  

We did find it inconsistent, but some of the scenes were a riot, especially ones between Ellen and Cloris.

Bonnie Hunt is a woman we find very funny but her last sitcom just didn’t work, yet there were a number of great scenes.

Jane

« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2005, 02:31:47 PM »

JMK-LOL.  I hope she doesn’t like to gossip.

RLP do you have side by side photos? ;D

Jane

« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2005, 02:32:26 PM »

Ann when we lived in Michigan we remodeled Craig’s bathroom and replaced the toilet with a required low flush one.  It was an early model.  The funniest Dave Barry column to us was the one he wrote on those environmentally friendly toilets.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 02:34:18 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2005, 02:33:43 PM »

Matthew CONGRATULATIONS!

Ann and Jed continued good job vibes!!

Jane

« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2005, 02:36:50 PM »

Oh, your talking about her second sitcom.  That one was just not funny at all.  The writing was terrible.  

We did find it inconsistent, but some of the scenes were a riot, especially ones between Ellen and Cloris.

Bonnie Hunt is a woman we find very funny but her last sitcom just didn’t work, yet there were a few great scenes.

Jed

« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2005, 02:43:54 PM »

Bonnie Hunt is a woman we find very funny but her last sitcom just didn’t work, yet there were a number of great scenes.

Bonnie Hunt is a woman we find very funny but her last sitcom just didn’t work, yet there were a few great scenes.

So, Jane, what do you think of Bonnie Hunt? :D

I also find her wonderfully funny, but am consistently disappointed with her sitcom attempts.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jane

« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2005, 02:55:15 PM »

George we liked her first sitcom, I think the first where she was a single woman in a little apartment, the best.  Yes, they are dissapointing.  In her last show we never cared about the people from work or the housekeeper.  Then the boy next door was made a regular.  It had such potential.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up