Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HUMID TIMES THREE  (Read 62862 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:HUMID TIMES THREE
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2007, 10:55:54 AM »

Corn dogs! And funnel cakes! MMmmmmmm!

FUNNEL CAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I haven't had funnel cakes in a couple of years...and it'd been several years before that that I had had any, too (what an unseemly sentence ::)).  And I love Elephant Ears...but I've never had any deep-fried candy bars.  

Here's a Funnel Cake Page 6 Dance!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Miss Karen

« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2007, 10:57:12 AM »

TOD:

I have never met a fried food that I didn't like.

DITTO -- onion rings (the really thin ones), popcorn shrimp, chicken, cheese sticks, french fries, etc.etc.etc.

Here's to grease!!

Grease is the word!!

.. to your mother! (rapper pose!)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2007, 10:57:17 AM »

I've never had a funnel cake.

I've never had elephant ears.

But I've made my own vanilla ice cream!  And MAN! Is it good!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2007, 10:58:36 AM »

This is a test.

It is ONLY a test.

Do not be alarmed.

The purpose of this test is to determine whether François "catches up" each week.

The test follows:

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2007, 10:59:27 AM »

Did I miss it?  Did someone already do the ageless pun about gays in the millinery?

Miss Karen

« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2007, 11:00:33 AM »

.... lost and founds are always filled with sunglasses, glasses, hats, sweaters, jackets, umbreallas, etc.... Humans are an easily distracted species ....

even Southern ladies with their expensive millinery -- anything that gets set down or set aside is at risk of being forgotten/left behind ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2007, 11:01:55 AM »

Did I miss it?  Did someone already do the ageless pun about gays in the millinery?

even gays in the millinery have been known to forget their hats ....

Miss Karen

« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2007, 11:03:44 AM »

I bet FJL could write an ode about southern ladies, hats, and gays in the millinery ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2007, 11:06:27 AM »

Donuts!!!!!

Ben

« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2007, 11:06:58 AM »

Oh, my. I forgot corn dogs. I do love them as I walk around the grounds of the State Fair. I also love Onion Rings. I haven't had them for a long time. They come as a garnish on the burger at our local diner but they aren't very good and we haven't been to the diner for quite a while anyway.

Ben

« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »

It's Dollars to Donuts that our State Fair is the best State Fair in our state

Jason

« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2007, 11:09:37 AM »

even gays in the millinery have been known to forget their hats ....

Does anyone still wear...(wait for it!)...a hat?

Jason

« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2007, 11:16:10 AM »

DR George: According to the very soft-spoken man on the phone, "COMMITTED" means the book has been located at another branch and is being sent to my local one. Once the book is available for pick-up, the notice should change to "AVAILABLE" or "ON HOLD." Ya learn something new every day, I tell ya...

MBarnum

« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2007, 11:16:15 AM »

Here is a fun new website where you can watch hundreds of old tv shows and movies on-line for free. Boston Blackie, Dragnet, Clutch Cargo, Studio One, old Dumont network shows, etc, etc....even vintage commercials...check it out...there are 42 different channels.

http://www.tv4u.com/index.asp

Jason

« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2007, 11:16:46 AM »

Mmmm...donuts. Or doughnuts. I don't care how ya spells it, long as it starts with a Krispy and ends with a Kreme.

MBarnum

« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2007, 11:17:08 AM »

DR Jason, how is your yoga going?

Jason

« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2007, 11:18:33 AM »

Unfortunately, with the heat and humidity also come the mosquitos. I have five HUGE bites on my left calf. My calves are so big that a mosquito could live for YEARS off just one of them, but is it necessary to bite SO MANY times??

Jason

« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2007, 11:19:44 AM »

DR Jason, how is your yoga going?

Oh, DR MBarnum, Alejandro and I are very happy together. So far I've only done the half class workout... Once the weather cools off, I'll start with the full class.

How is YOUR yoga going?? ;)

Ben

« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2007, 11:21:36 AM »

We usually only get the mosquitoes when we venture out to Long Island but then I tend to stay inside the house on those hot and humid nights sealed up in the loverly air conditioning.

Jason

« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2007, 11:27:38 AM »

Boy howdy, I'm a chatty Kathy today!

DR Ben: I believe this particular mosquito got me yesterday at the movie theatre. I was wearing shorts, and I remember something flying around bothering me...so I'm pretty sure that's where the bites came from.

Jason

« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2007, 11:29:43 AM »

I didn't even notice, but I apparently passed the 2,500 posts-mark just 8 short posts ago...

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2007, 11:33:43 AM »

Congrats Jason, on the 2500 posts, not the mosquito bites.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2007, 11:34:06 AM »

One of my client's case planner is now 30 minutes late for our meeting. Grrr!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2007, 11:39:55 AM »

I can't remember the actual topic of the day (I read the notes nearly 12 hours ago), but I'm getting the jist of it...

I love fried foods. There, I've said it. I'm from Kentucky, so we fry everything. Not to cast doubts upon the quality of Skip's fried chicken, but my dad's fried chicken is by far my favorite on earth. Maybe it's the ingredients he uses, but I suspect it's more than that. In any case, his is my favorite by a long-shot. He used to be the international quality control manager for KFC (in the early 80's), and he's one of the few people in the world to know the 11 secret herbs and spices in the Colonel's secret recipe. And he's a fantastic cook. So is my mom. Her mac & cheese is amazing, as is her homemade creamed corn. YUM! Luckily, I was able to partake of most of my favorite home-cooked foods while I was there just a couple of weeks ago. :)

I don't usually ask for recipes, but, JASON, your mother's mac & cheese is one I'd like to have. Any chance of posting it? Approximations will do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2007, 11:40:25 AM »

I cannot tell you how ugly it is out there.  I had my first meeting, but it made sense to come back to the apartment rather than try to kill two hours in this heat.  

Meeting was fine, although I'm just not thrilled with the way things are being presented to me, and the pressure I'm getting to just make offers without giving things thought.  It's fine if I know the people, but not if I don't, and not if I'm not sure about it even IF I know them.  While I suppose we could use one final strong burst of excellent vibes and xylophones for the actress, I'm starting to get annoyed about what should have been a simple offer and acceptance that has now dragged on almost six days.  The latest from the agent is that she hasn't heard back from her client, which I find completely hard to believe, given the phoner than I had with her client last week.  

But, one way or the other, we either have her by the end of the day or I'm moving on - to whom is up in the air, but we have some names that I think would be fine.  

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »

At the Bollywood movie up in Beaverton this weekend, during the intermission, they served freshly fried pakoras in the lobby...oh, my gosh those were good!!!

OH! OH! Oh! OH! OH! I ADORE pakoras!!

Michael

« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2007, 11:43:02 AM »

And congrats to DR Michael Shayne for losing 66 pounds!! I know how hard it's been to lose 45... How are you doing it? I honestly think Weight Watchers is the only way I'd have lost it... I couldn't have done it by myself.

I had an insulin problem that made me balloon up. Anyone who was at the reading for Writer's Block in NYC can attest to that.

So it has been a combination of exercise (I walk) medicine for keeping the insulin down. On recommendation form my doctor I started with South Beach Diet. I grew tired of it. Went on my own and mantained. I am now on the Nutrisystem and have lost an additional 8 pounds. My first goal and I think it is realistic is to get down to 192 pounds. I would utlimately like to lose from that another 20lbs. I am in no rush. This time next year I will be very happy to be at 192.

I have also gone down from a 48 waist to a 36 waist. Next goal is 32 waist.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 11:46:41 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2007, 11:43:05 AM »

What happened to:
"Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from." :)

der Brucer

;D  LOL   ;D

Maybe another week at the seminary would do it.  Or two.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2007, 11:45:52 AM »

Happy 12th Anniversary to Ben & Ant!!

(I have shoes older than that)
Never stop dreaming.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #179 on: August 07, 2007, 11:47:08 AM »

I'm just not thrilled with the way things are being presented to me, and the pressure I'm getting to just make offers without giving things thought.  It's fine if I know the people, but not if I don't, and not if I'm not sure about it even IF I know them.  While I suppose we could use one final strong burst of excellent vibes and xylophones for the actress, I'm starting to get annoyed about what should have been a simple offer and acceptance that has now dragged on almost six days.  The latest from the agent is that she hasn't heard back from her client, which I find completely hard to believe, given the phoner than I had with her client last week.  

But, one way or the other, we either have her by the end of the day or I'm moving on - to whom is up in the air, but we have some names that I think would be fine.

I've been in very similar shoes, bk.  If you've an open get-together tonight 6:30-ish, post about it; might be our only chance to lay eyes on each other this trip.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up