Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: LORD LOVE A DUCK  (Read 21478 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: LORD LOVE A DUCK
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2009, 02:54:53 PM »

ONE LIFE TO LIVE finally got back to the Kyle and Fish story, and today was the BIG day.

But I have to say the kiss was very unconvincing and uncomfortable-looking.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2009, 02:55:09 PM »

Page Six Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2009, 02:57:02 PM »

I was going to start a movie, but as I was flipping channels, I noticed that TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD was playing on one of the HBO channels, so I stopped and watched it. It was the courtroom scene with the Ewells testifying.

That movie is always worth watching. Wish I had had time to watch the whole thing.

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2009, 02:58:38 PM »

Today my friend Gregg was visiting from out of town. We were all going out to dinner, but I had to beg off due to my health. He did drop by and we had a good hour-long visit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2009, 03:06:38 PM »

Universal owns Merkin.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2009, 03:06:50 PM »

Which is, of course, the title of my next novel.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2009, 03:09:14 PM »

I've had a non-stop morning and afternoon, and still haven't picked up my mail - no packages, but a check, so that's good.  I had to pick up the CD ref for a potential upcoming project.  Then I found out that after our next release, the price of doing two scores on one or two CDs goes up another $1000, and that will probably preclude me from doing any more of those, as they're too expensive to begin with and the profit margin would simply shrink too low or be non-existent if it didn't sell.  Thankfully, I already had the contract for our next, so that stays at the old rate.  I wish I'd had them do contracts on three or four more.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2009, 03:11:40 PM »

I've had a long day out and now I'm safely home. I took the bus down to 50th Street and transferred to the crosstown bus to get to Radio City for my barber, then I took a bus down Fifth Avenue to Union Square and walked to Chris Denny's apartment, where I heard the songs for Brent's Christmas album. I think it's going to be good. Then I taxied up to 27th Street and went to Toyland where everyone was working on Life Begins At 8:40; the reading is now scheduled for Sept 1, but if the Library of congress doesn't start honoring our contract and paying us within six weeks of invoice date, there won't be a reading since I won't release the music. It's ridiculous for a government organization to be so screwed up.

After my visit to Toyland, I was considering a subway ride home but after walking to Seventh Avenue, I decided to taxi home. That's my day, and I'm rather proud of myself.

That's a considerable improvement in your daily acitivites over what might, heretofore, been referred to as...ummm...oh,  "Larry tied his shoelaces today" !   :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 03:21:07 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2009, 03:12:57 PM »

THE HARVEY GIRLS is very colorful and I love Judy and Angela Lansbury and Marjorie Main...and John Hodiak....but Ray Bolger on the BIG screen might be more than I can take.

Why does "everybody" on this board seem to dislike Ray Bolger?

Please enlighten me.

He was TERRIF as the Scarecrow.

But he sometimes weirds me out.

Great dancer, though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 03:15:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Kerry

« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2009, 03:13:51 PM »

I've had a non-stop morning and afternoon, and still haven't picked up my mail - no packages, but a check, so that's good.  I had to pick up the CD ref for a potential upcoming project.  Then I found out that after our next release, the price of doing two scores on one or two CDs goes up another $1000, and that will probably preclude me from doing any more of those, as they're too expensive to begin with and the profit margin would simply shrink too low or be non-existent if it didn't sell.  Thankfully, I already had the contract for our next, so that stays at the old rate.  I wish I'd had them do contracts on three or four more.

OY!
I like boat races.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2009, 03:14:40 PM »

BREAK A LEG VIBES TO JRAND (although a bit late)!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2009, 03:16:45 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS FOR A BETTER GOOD DAY TO DR ELMORE!
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2009, 03:19:44 PM »

Not a good day to be "in the business":

On The Waterfront Scribe Schulberg Dies

6 August 2009 5:21 AM, PDT

On The Waterfront screenwriter Budd Schulberg has died. He was 95.

Schulberg was taken from his Long Island, New York home on Wednesday to a local hospital, where he died after doctors failed to revive him.

The scribe was born in New York City in 1914, the son of Paramount Pictures boss B.P. Schulberg , and made a name for himself as a novelist in the 1940s.

He later went on to write screenplays for films including 1957's A Face In The Crowd, before penning his best-known work On The Waterfront, about mafia violence in New Jersey.

The 1954 drama received 12 Academy Award nominations, winning eight Oscars, including Best Picture, Best Actor for Marlon Brando and Best Story and Screenplay for Schulberg.

Schulberg is survived by his wife Betsy and four children.

Brat Pack Leader John Hughes Dead At 59

6 August 2009 3:16 PM, PDT

Brat Pack director John Hughes has died after suffering a heart attack.

The man behind hit films like The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Pretty in Pink was 59 when he collapsed and died while walking in Manhattan , New York on Thursday.

The father of two stepped away from the limelight in the 1990s to run a farm in his native Illinois .

His last film as a director was Curly Sue in 1991 but he penned the screenplays for 2008's Drillbit Taylor, and Jennifer Lopez 's Maid In Manhattan in 2002.

Hughes was also the man behind the Home Alone and Beethoven film franchises.

British Producer Towers Dies

6 August 2009 9:06 AM, PDT

British film and television producer/writer Harry Alan Towers has died of heart failure. He was 88.

Towers shot to fame as a child actor in the U.K. , and went on to make more than 100 films during his career, sometimes producing under the alias Peter Welbeck .

He was working on his autobiography prior to his death on 2 August, according to his literary agent, Albert T. Longden.

As a producer, Towers worked on numerous British TV programmes, including The Scarlet Pimpernel and Tales From Dickens.

He also produced several underground film classics with Spanish director Jess Franco , including Venus in Furs, Eugenie, Marquis de Sade: Justine and Night of the Blood Monster.

Towers worked with numerous A-list stars during his long film career, including Orson Welles , Michael Caine , Richard Harris and Tony Curtis . His best-known movies include The Face of Fu Manchu, Ten Little Indians, Cry the Beloved Country and Klondike Fever.

He is survived by his wife, actress Maria Rohm .

Producer Swanson Dies

Hollywood producer Ted Swanson has died from congestive heart failure, aged 72.

Swanson, who worked on a string of classic films including Rocky and Caddyshack, passed away on 23 July.

He enjoyed success on both radio and TV, as head of production with Los Angeles ' Knxt (Kcbs) and as a producer on 1960s sitcom The Waltons and The Tale of Sweeney Todd, starring Ben Kingsley .

Swanson's credits as production manager include My Father the Hero, starring Gerard Depardieu and Katherine Heigl , and Oscar-winning films Harry and the Hendersons and Witness, starring Harrison Ford .

He is survived by his wife, Jan, two daughters and one son.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2009, 03:21:08 PM »

THE HARVEY GIRLS is very colorful and I love Judy and Angela Lansbury and Marjorie Main...and John Hodiak....but Ray Bolger on the BIG screen might be more than I can take.

Why does "everybody" on this board seem to dislike Ray Bolger?

Please enlighten me.

Not me, I love Ray Bolger.  I spent a wonderful day with him back in the Seventies while he was filming a commercial in our local theater.  He was an absolute delight, and he was very kind and gracious to my young niece, who couldn't believe that she was meeting The Scarecrow.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2009, 03:21:56 PM »

Director John Hughes dies at 59
'Breakfast Club,' 'Ferris Bueller' helmer had a heart attack
Staff report

Aug 6, 2009, 04:44 PM ET
John Hughes, director of "The Breakfast Club," "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" and "Home Alone," died of a heart attack Thursday. He was 59.

Hughes died while taking a morning walk during a trip to Manhattan to visit family.

He is survived by his wife of 39 years, Nancy, two sons, John and James, and four grandchildren. Director John Hughes dies at 59'Breakfast Club,' 'Ferris Bueller' helmer had a heart attackStaff report
Aug 6, 2009, 04:44 PM ET
John Hughes, director of "The Breakfast Club," "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" and "Home Alone," died of a heart attack Thursday. He was 59.

Hughes died while taking a morning walk during a trip to Manhattan to visit family.

He is survived by his wife of 39 years, Nancy, two sons, John and James, and four grandchildren.

This is horrible. He's the same age as many of us! Very sad about that.

Indeed.  Shocking news.
“One thing’s universal,

DAW

« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2009, 03:26:20 PM »

***SURGERY VIBES***
for DBIL JOHN!!!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2009, 03:27:23 PM »

***OPENING NIGHT BREAK-A-LEG VIBES***
for DR JRand58 and COMPANY!!!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to DW Betsy!!!!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »

Not a good day to be "in the business":

Producer Swanson Dies

Hollywood producer Ted Swanson has died from congestive heart failure, aged 72.

Swanson, who worked on a string of classic films including Rocky and Caddyshack, passed away on 23 July.

He enjoyed success on both radio and TV, as head of production with Los Angeles ' Knxt (Kcbs) and as a producer on 1960s sitcom The Waltons and The Tale of Sweeney Todd, starring Ben Kingsley .

Oh yes, I loved that 1960's sictcom THE WALTONS AND THE TALE OF SWEENEY TODD.  Especially John-Boy singing GREEN FINCH.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2009, 03:30:40 PM »

The afternoon certainly got away from me. I must start writing up my work project and see what's left of the evening.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2009, 03:32:30 PM »

Thank you, DRs Jennifer, George, and DAW for the vibes for my BiL John.  Today's procedure went fine and he seems much more comfortable without tubes in his nose and mouth.  He's still not breathing on his own, but vitals are OK and conversations have begun about a transfer to a long-term critical care facility.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2009, 03:33:06 PM »

All in all, I'd rather be seeing The Harvey Girls with DR Ben tonight.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2009, 03:33:26 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DW BETSY!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2009, 03:35:30 PM »

All in all, I'd rather be seeing The Harvey Girls with DR Ben tonight.

Continued prayers and vibes to DR Ginny's BIL.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2009, 03:38:38 PM »

Thank you, DR TCB.

FJL

« Reply #175 on: August 06, 2009, 03:39:43 PM »

Birthday wishes to JMK's dear Betsy

Laura

« Reply #176 on: August 06, 2009, 03:43:41 PM »

Yes, continued prayers for John.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »

Well, the fella who examined our old printer got the print time from 45 minutes down to 2 minutes. So perhaps we'll keep this one for a time. It would sure save a LOT of money.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2009, 03:54:46 PM »

Well, the fella who examined our old printer got the print time from 45 minutes down to 2 minutes. So perhaps we'll keep this one for a time. It would sure save a LOT of money.

45 minutes?? :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2009, 03:56:05 PM »

Yes. For one copy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up